Nitro Boost speed changing indoors

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Elamari
Honored

Nitro Boost speed changing indoors

Post by Elamari » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:13 am

I still use the MOP Nitro boosts on my belt for the speed boost. The tooltip says that it's meant to increase movement speed by 150%, however I have noticed that when indoors it only grats 70% with the tooltip still saying 150%. Does anyone know why this occurs?

I remember the devs talking about movement speed and the Nitro boosts possible being nerfed but I can't find the post / tweet. The blog post I am currently working on is all about movement speed and I would really like to know why this happens. Thanks in advance.

~Elamari
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

TheLOOGE
Honored

Re: Nitro Boost speed changing indoors

Post by TheLOOGE » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:30 pm

There is no MoP nitro boots. Just nitro boots. They function differently in raid environments in order to bring engineering in-line with other professions as to not make it mandatory for raiding purposes. This change was made for WoD and again the nerf is only in a raid environment. They function as they always have in other areas such as 5 mans, bgs, outdoors, etc. The other 'nerf' made to boost is that it also puts your DPS pot on cooldown when used.

Elamari
Honored

Re: Nitro Boost speed changing indoors

Post by Elamari » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:09 pm

TheLOOGE wrote:There is no MoP nitro boots. Just nitro boots. They function differently in raid environments in order to bring engineering in-line with other professions as to not make it mandatory for raiding purposes. This change was made for WoD and again the nerf is only in a raid environment. They function as they always have in other areas such as 5 mans, bgs, outdoors, etc. The other 'nerf' made to boost is that it also puts your DPS pot on cooldown when used.
I thought that may have been the case, as I said I remember something being said but I couldn't find the post. I said MOP boost because the tinker requires a tinkers kit to craft which was introduced in MOP. Thanks for your help.
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/