Patch 6.2 PTR Discussion

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Re: Patch 6.2 PTR Discussion

Post by Tinderhoof » Wed May 20, 2015 1:00 pm

Random note. Incarnation no longer breaks stealth on the PTR.

Nayni
Revered

Post by Nayni » Wed May 20, 2015 1:04 pm

Am I the only one that noticed they also finally fixed what I call "spastic cat" ?

Savage roar no longer makes you go ice skating in catform and Incarnation with the glyph doesn't make you perma skate either. Atleast on PTR #prayitcomestolive.
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Grizzlebee

Post by Grizzlebee » Wed May 20, 2015 1:12 pm

I may just be cynical but I have played on and off through out the years and unfortunately unless something is very broken, I don't see them making a major change to something like our class trinket or set bonus. Ultimately I think it is something that is set in stone and we will just have to favor more direct damage vs bleeds.

With the major devaluation of haste and mastery, as you mentioned in your post, crit and multistrike may be king next patch.

Zstriker
Honored

Post by Zstriker » Wed May 20, 2015 1:41 pm

so seems tier bonuses stay as it is, how easy energy maintain with it now?

and no more `slate cat` ; /

Ferealzzz

Post by Ferealzzz » Thu May 21, 2015 8:26 am

So far during PTR testing every boss that's been out I would say feral is in a good place IMO. Hunters/Rogues/Dk's are extremely overtuned so they will be getting a nerf so I'm pretty sure feral will be good on live. As for the whole why not just play boomkin during PTR so far boomkin is only really good on the council fight and Gorefiend and feral is still extremely competitive on those fights. I would like to see a change to the tier though kind of boring makes the spec way to easy no skill cap.

inseedious
Honored

Post by inseedious » Thu May 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Ferealzzz wrote:So far during PTR testing every boss that's been out I would say feral is in a good place IMO. Hunters/Rogues/Dk's are extremely overtuned so they will be getting a nerf so I'm pretty sure feral will be good on live. As for the whole why not just play boomkin during PTR so far boomkin is only really good on the council fight and Gorefiend and feral is still extremely competitive on those fights. I would like to see a change to the tier though kind of boring makes the spec way to easy no skill cap.
Yeah, they made TF snapshot almost passive, and during Berserk (that has a very high uptime now) you don't have to plan your finishing movements since you will build 5 cp in a very few seconds. These changes are gonna damage our game style deepness a lot. And the RNG based tier bonuses are an additional hit. By the way, WoW is still a very complex game, so whenever some deepness is taken out, some other deepness can be found. For example, with less energy limits, we can play around our trinkets: when Berserk isn't up, with a higher energy cap and more energy regen coming from OoC procs, I think we can manage to build our finishers and/or maintain our bleeds, still keeping a pool of energy (for example, 30-40 energy) ready for our Soul Capacitor proc. There's still much to think
Courier | Nemesis EU

sohki

Post by sohki » Thu May 21, 2015 3:33 pm

anyone noticed parried bites refund cp and energy now? or was that fixed a long time ago

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Thu May 21, 2015 3:54 pm

sohki wrote:anyone noticed parried bites refund cp and energy now? or was that fixed a long time ago
Nah it was only fixed in a recent PTR build. First I noticed it was yesterday.

bacevicius
Honored

Post by bacevicius » Thu May 21, 2015 7:44 pm

My rake tooltip says 0.0 dmg and never shows any amount... can anyone confirm that the treant rakes get the buff or not... I cant tell with the tooltip broken

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu May 21, 2015 9:00 pm

Treants don't get the buff, I checked a while back. Surprised they still haven't fixed that tooltip bug though...
ImageImage

sohki

Post by sohki » Fri May 22, 2015 1:41 am

bacevicius wrote:My rake tooltip says 0.0 dmg and never shows any amount... can anyone confirm that the treant rakes get the buff or not... I cant tell with the tooltip broken
i checked tooltips in 6.2 ptr and they're not 0 for me and my treants. i also checked skill descriptions they also aren't 0. i think they're fixed.

Ikkman

Post by Ikkman » Fri May 22, 2015 11:03 am

Alright so I read through this discussion and learned a lot already, but i have a big question for trinkets. Earlier in this discussion you stated that Skull of War holds up poorly compared to even the worst heroic HFC trinket. My question is would Skull of War paired with a 6 of 6 Alch trinket be viable to go into the first week of raiding on HFC? I am asking this primarily for my alt because I run feral for main raid and split raid. So for my alt that won't be receiveing any gear but needs to be on par with dps to get through splits fast should i craft both trinkets and use them? Or say if I had double mythic BRF trinkets like Beating heart and Humming would I stick with them or pair one of the upgraded trinkets to a BRF mythic trinket?

artsdruid

Post by artsdruid » Fri May 22, 2015 1:39 pm

that would be more of a question towards the guide. the trinket comparisons there should be sufficient/ there was one a page or 2 back i think here. mythic beating heart is so strong

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri May 22, 2015 9:55 pm

Well, at that point its less of a question of what's good/sufficient and more about if its better than what you have currently. Best thing you can do is download the latest version of SimulationCraft and try out the trinkets yourself to see if they're an upgrade over your current ones.
ImageImage

glubbi

Post by glubbi » Sun May 24, 2015 9:19 am

ive been doing some simcrafting for the new tier gear, but it seems like T17 4p on simcraft activates gushing wounds for the entirety of the berserk duration with the archimonde trinket, while on the actual PTR it does not. is there any way to fix this, or do I just wait around for a newer version of simulationcraft? trying to compare the T17 vs. T18, eugh.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Sun May 24, 2015 10:59 am

Its been fixed, you might need to download a newer version.
ImageImage

glubbi

Post by glubbi » Sun May 24, 2015 12:02 pm

aggixx wrote:Its been fixed, you might need to download a newer version.
that's weird. i download the latest file, but when i open up the program it says it's out of date, and it points out that there is a version 612-02, the one I just downloaded. sigh, i suck at this, but this seems stupid.

guess ill try to fix it somehow, thanks anyway

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Sun May 24, 2015 12:34 pm

Try downloading 612-03 from this page:
http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/
ImageImage

glubbi

Post by glubbi » Sun May 24, 2015 2:39 pm

aggixx wrote:Try downloading 612-03 from this page:
http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/
still tells me to download the latest version 612-02 when i have 612-03 installed, but the sims work. cheers mate

teddabear
Revered

Post by teddabear » Tue May 26, 2015 6:55 pm

Kojiyama wrote:But, to clarify, I'm mostly frustrated by the fact that whenever I see certain types of mechanics, I internally go, "ugh..." rather than think, "wow, how do I tackle this fight?"

I feel like the class has become far too one-dimensional and the lack of being able to tackle different types of assignments and roles makes approaching and learning fights too simplistic and reliant on others. It is actually more of a fun-factor thing for me than a viability thing--although I do strongly believe that the disparity in AoE DPS across the raid is a huge balance and design failure compared to the rather solid single target balancing this expansion.
If you wanted to try and get this on their radar now would probably be a good time to try or your last chance depending on your outlook.

Adardrae

Post by Adardrae » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:48 pm

apparently weird datamining or something lead me to believe there were new feral changes. disregard.

Rayen
Honored

Post by Rayen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:18 am

Item - Druid T18 Feral 4P Bonus: During Omen of Clarity, your next Cat Form ability generates 100% of its Energy cost when used.

Well okay then...

artsdruid

Post by artsdruid » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:53 am

cool, its only like we told them pretty clearly that the 100% return had big chance of being mostly wasted before.

Zstriker
Honored

Post by Zstriker » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:15 am

kinda obvious for them that ferals lacks energy regen, instead of adjust it to spec itself, they are using temporary solution - tier bonuses
through even no matter what number of energy return, there always be a case where it will be wasted, as omen of clarity proc is uncontrollabe for use: it procs, next your button will consume it, can't save it for later. Crap bonus, they trying to turn our `planning` spec for `smash buttons` one

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:55 am

Does the average player want feral to play faster? And by play faster I mean hit shred more. I know I don't want this. I want them to add more opportunities for small damage gains. That's how feral should change as it reaches higher ilvls.