Predatory Swiftness off Shred // Glyph of Savage Roar

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

msrobinson
Honored

Predatory Swiftness off Shred // Glyph of Savage Roar

Post by msrobinson » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:18 am

Edit: Nayni mentioned that Predatory Swiftness has a very small chance to proc off of Glyph of Savage Roar. I was unaware of this bug which is why I made the post.

----------------------------------------------

Was helping someone analyze their logs (they asked to remain anonymous), and I found something that I found a bit incredulous.

They were able to cast PS Healing Touch in their opener before their first Rip.

You can see Shred cast at 05.182, and you can see PS gained at 05.182. In the Event Table, it even shows him specifically casting HT before Rip.

This is the cast table of the first few seconds so you can see that there aren't any finishers casted, and yet PS was still used.

It seems as though it's proc-ing from Shred, what's going on here?
Last edited by msrobinson on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nayni
Revered

Re: Predatory Swiftness off Shred?

Post by Nayni » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:43 am

Pred Swiftness has a 0.1% (or whatever'ish low) to proc from Glyph of Savage Roar, Which constantly reapplies itself during Incarnation and using Shred.

It's a known odd bug/sideeffect already there since Highmaul.
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Hamwich

Post by Hamwich » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:48 am

EDIT: I hung on to my response for too long... haha, thanks Nayni for confirming my assumption... I should probably get back to work

I was just thumbing through some of my Gruul kills trying to find an instance where this occurred but couldn't... I wonder if it has something to do with Glyph of Savage Roar?

Could it be that its detects the savage roar out of stealth and works as though you actually cast the finishing move?
Last edited by Hamwich on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

msrobinson
Honored

Post by msrobinson » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:48 am

I was unaware, thank you for letting me know!

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Re: Predatory Swiftness off Shred // Glyph of Savage Roar

Post by Tinderhoof » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:43 pm

It's an artifact that has been in the game since MoP. The original SR glyph had the chance to trigger PS on a 0 combo point use. When they changed the SR glyph to what it is now what ever code bug that caused the PS proc on 0 points stayed and still shows up every once in a while to say "Hi!".

Shadowfang

Post by Shadowfang » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:22 am

Yep, I've had this happen only a couple times but it was pretty awesome; got a buffed rip up for my opener right off the pull.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:29 am

It actually happens pretty often, its just really easy to not notice. I'd say it probably happens once every couple pulls or so, but usually you already have PS active so its not useful.
ImageImage

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:50 am

Ahhh, the very elusive and rare perfect opener. Feels good when it happens.

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:55 pm

I don't know if it is worth using depending on when legendary ring procs and the blackhand trinket procs in your opener. If it means that you don't have legendary ring or the crit for the ferocious bite with your multistrike trinket, then you are missing out on a ton of damage there if fb does not crit.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:25 pm

Yeah its hard to be certain, I suspect nobody's really bothered to analyze that since it happens so rarely. I could add an option to SimC that would replicate it though.
ImageImage

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:41 pm

I added an option "predatory_swiftness_bug" that will grant the player 1 PS proc when combat begins if they have Glyph of Savage Roar. The results were surprising, when the option is on Druid_Feral_T17M actually loses 30 DPS (this is with no adjustments to the action list). Feel free to try it yourself, although if you can't download and compile yourself you'll have to wait for the next release. Its a player scope option so you have to set it (predatory_swiftness_bug=1) after the character is declared.
ImageImage

msrobinson
Honored

Post by msrobinson » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:02 pm

aggixx wrote:I added an option "predatory_swiftness_bug" that will grant the player 1 PS proc when combat begins if they have Glyph of Savage Roar. The results were surprising, when the option is on Druid_Feral_T17M actually loses 30 DPS (this is with no adjustments to the action list). Feel free to try it yourself, although if you can't download and compile yourself you'll have to wait for the next release. Its a player scope option so you have to set it (predatory_swiftness_bug=1) after the character is declared.
Could this be due to the fact that losing 1 global on a non-damaging action hurts our damage more than the 30% on rip? You're trading 1 global of fully buffed (trinkets n procs n shit) shred for 30% on rip.