Druid IRC Channel

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

User avatar
Polihayse
Revered
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:46 am

Druid IRC Channel

Post by Polihayse » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:49 am

It seems like there is not much discussion going on. I think an IRC channel where people can just hang out and chat would help promote discussion. There is a link to an IRC channel on the CompetitiveWoW subreddit that is meant for druids called #Moonglade on http://webchat.quakenet.org/. Just enter a nickname and the channel name #Moonglade and you can talk to people about druid stuff. The CompetitiveWoW subreddit is not very popular, so the room is empty most of the time, but you guys can change that if you want.

User avatar
Adardrae
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by Adardrae » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:46 pm

i'll join it when i get home from work. hope to see you guys there.

Millerr
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 9:45 pm

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by Millerr » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:05 pm

Is there a way it can be set up so it doesn't show the IP of a person disconnecting/connecting? My entire guild has had problems with ddosing this tier =/

zedinsky
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:39 pm

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by zedinsky » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Millerr wrote:Is there a way it can be set up so it doesn't show the IP of a person disconnecting/connecting? My entire guild has had problems with ddosing this tier =/
1. Register an account and auth yourself (https://www.quakenet.org/help/q/how-to- ... unt-with-q)
2. Hide your hostname(IP) by typing "/mode nickname +x"

you have to perform both the auth- and the mode-command each time you connect to quakenet (unless you get a irc client where u can set it so it does them automatically)

User avatar
aggixx
Exalted
Posts: 2292
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by aggixx » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Channel's actually been pretty active lately, feel free to hop in and check it out :D
ImageImage

Grizzlebee
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:08 pm

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by Grizzlebee » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:44 pm

I enjoyed our IRC chat last night. I learned a lot, plus it was good to finally have other feral druids to chat to. There aren't many ferals on my server and no other ferals in my guild I can brainstorm with.

User avatar
Polihayse
Revered
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by Polihayse » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:10 pm

I'm stuck in Vermont until the end of Wednesday and I hate typing on my phone =(

Itharius
Honored
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by Itharius » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:12 pm

Yeah fuck it, I can't get these scripts to work correctly and now my connection's getting throttled by the server for the constant log ins and log outs. I'll just stick to the forums.

edit: Sorry, this is why I dropped out of computer science.
Last edited by Itharius on Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
aggixx
Exalted
Posts: 2292
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by aggixx » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:15 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ImageImage

User avatar
meribold
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:12 am
Contact:

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by meribold » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:43 pm

I love having an IRC channel for Druids! Are there any public logs for the channel, though? I think it would be great to be able to read up on any interesting discussions that I might miss.

User avatar
Polihayse
Revered
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by Polihayse » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:34 pm

bump

User avatar
aggixx
Exalted
Posts: 2292
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by aggixx » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:03 am

meribold wrote:I love having an IRC channel for Druids! Are there any public logs for the channel, though? I think it would be great to be able to read up on any interesting discussions that I might miss.
I poked around but it seems like you need an IRC bot for that, so there isn't unless someone sets one up.
ImageImage

kravotir
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:16 am

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by kravotir » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:53 am

Bump

User avatar
Polihayse
Revered
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by Polihayse » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:17 pm

I was there for a while, but people were afk so often.

User avatar
Bluewulf
Honored
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by Bluewulf » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Has there been any active feral chat lately?
Bluewulf (Redwolf/Bluewulf) - Illidan US

User avatar
aggixx
Exalted
Posts: 2292
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by aggixx » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:37 pm

There hasn't been when I was in it. Kind of hard to build a community when there isn't much going on in-game, give it a shot again once beta is rolling.
ImageImage

User avatar
Polihayse
Revered
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by Polihayse » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:21 am

Add me on btag if you have the urge of talking about feral stuff with someone. I'm lonely. polihayse#1422

User avatar
aggixx
Exalted
Posts: 2292
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by aggixx » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:16 am

I asked this in IRC but not many people around that had any input on it:

What would you guys think of using Discord instead of IRC? It's like a modernized version of IRC, designed for gamers, and it also supports VOIP. I feel like IP anonymity is kind of a concern (something that's not super easy to work with on Quakenet) and as a whole connecting and using IRC is much less intuitive. Discord also has more features (emoticons, file sharing if needed, previews for links, etc). There's both a browser and desktop app and they're both pretty nice to use in my experience.
ImageImage

User avatar
Syel
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:21 am

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by Syel » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:19 am

aggixx wrote:What would you guys think of using Discord instead of IRC? It's like a modernized version of IRC, designed for gamers, and it also supports VOIP. I feel like IP anonymity is kind of a concern (something that's not super easy to work with on Quakenet) and as a whole connecting and using IRC is much less intuitive. Discord also has more features (emoticons, file sharing if needed, previews for links, etc). There's both a browser and desktop app and they're both pretty nice to use in my experience.
I'm in. Can't look much into it at the moment, but I'll definitely try that tonight.

shift.number
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:18 am

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by shift.number » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:20 am

Discord is pretty awesome actually

User avatar
Tumpor
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by Tumpor » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:46 am

I'm definitely in on this. The main advantage I see is that the chat history is stored online so you can read up on it any time. It's still a bit rough but works pretty well overall. Been trying it with my guild and also joined the Shaman channel/server

User avatar
Syel
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:21 am

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by Syel » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:48 pm

So, is there a druid / feral server up yet? I can't seem to find any way to "search" for servers on this thing :|

User avatar
Minibubble
Honored
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by Minibubble » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:36 pm

How about using a subroom from the official Reddit WoW Discord channel. As such we could even reach a broader publicum.
Image

User avatar
physcx
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by physcx » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:10 pm

I like it, can someone that is less casulol around here set up a room?

User avatar
Bluewulf
Honored
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by Bluewulf » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:33 pm

aggixx wrote:I asked this in IRC but not many people around that had any input on it:

What would you guys think of using Discord instead of IRC? It's like a modernized version of IRC, designed for gamers, and it also supports VOIP. I feel like IP anonymity is kind of a concern (something that's not super easy to work with on Quakenet) and as a whole connecting and using IRC is much less intuitive. Discord also has more features (emoticons, file sharing if needed, previews for links, etc). There's both a browser and desktop app and they're both pretty nice to use in my experience.
I would like that very much
Bluewulf (Redwolf/Bluewulf) - Illidan US

Post Reply