Druid IRC Channel

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

kravotir

Re: Druid IRC Channel

Post by kravotir » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:50 pm

aggixx wrote:I asked this in IRC but not many people around that had any input on it:

What would you guys think of using Discord instead of IRC? It's like a modernized version of IRC, designed for gamers, and it also supports VOIP. I feel like IP anonymity is kind of a concern (something that's not super easy to work with on Quakenet) and as a whole connecting and using IRC is much less intuitive. Discord also has more features (emoticons, file sharing if needed, previews for links, etc). There's both a browser and desktop app and they're both pretty nice to use in my experience.
Yes please. As much as I looove irc... there are better alternatives now.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:00 pm

I can set it up, I was just waiting to hear as many people's feedback as possible instead of jumping right into it.
Minibubble wrote:How about using a subroom from the official Reddit WoW Discord channel. As such we could even reach a broader publicum.
Eh, pros and cons there. More attention, sure, but that also means more bad attention (trolls) and possibly less control over moderation & structure of the channel. I kind of feel like if the channel is linked on my MMO-C guide, linked here etc, and people get their druid friends to join if they're interested then it should get a pretty sufficient amount of traffic; more likely to attract the right kind of people.
ImageImage

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Channel's up, here's the invite link (also made a new topic for it here):
https://discord.gg/0dWu0WkuetDMbBr9
ImageImage