First 3 Coins of the week?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Eazi

First 3 Coins of the week?

Post by Eazi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:54 am

As the title says, what bosses will you guys be bonus rolling in the first week of HFC?

aggixx
Exalted

Re: First 3 Coins of the week?

Post by aggixx » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:56 am

Socrethar and Mannoroth for sure. Not sure about the 3rd one, might just save it for mythic depending on how tier acquisition goes.
ImageImage

Eazi

Post by Eazi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:19 am

Makes sense for the Weapon / Trinket I'm assuming. No bonus roll on arch for the Class trinket? Or is it not worth the roll? haha

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:35 am

Not specifically because of weapon trinket, but because they're the only bosses that drop both a weapon/trinket and a tier piece. Well, excluding Kormrok but his weapon is a downgrade for me on heroic because its only 705.

Not sure about Archimonde simply because he doesn't drop a tier piece. The Archimonde trinket is alright but it will be replaced in Mythic.
ImageImage

Eazi

Post by Eazi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:49 am

Well, I should probably reroll Kormrok as well since my weapon isn't WF ;(..

Thanks for the quick reply though, and best of luck to you for tomorrow!

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:38 am

aggixx wrote:Not sure about Archimonde simply because he doesn't drop a tier piece. The Archimonde trinket is alright but it will be replaced in Mythic.
Not sure I understand this statement. In your trinket progression list, isn't the Heroic Seed basically BiS until you clear all of Mythic since it's part of all the best two-trinket combos?

Zstriker
Honored

Post by Zstriker » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:14 am

Kojiyama wrote:
aggixx wrote:Not sure about Archimonde simply because he doesn't drop a tier piece. The Archimonde trinket is alright but it will be replaced in Mythic.
Not sure I understand this statement. In your trinket progression list, isn't the Heroic Seed basically BiS until you clear all of Mythic since it's part of all the best two-trinket combos?
maybe coz of aiming for getting 4-peice tier set first as bigger dps boost, and this trinket devalues itself with it

Tumpor

Post by Tumpor » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:12 pm

Kojiyama wrote:
I think it's more to the fact that you have to have a very high boss uptime for the Seed to be worth it and even then the dps gain isn't that big. So you rather go for the 4p and the weapon first and pick up some of the more versatile trinkets on the way.

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:18 pm

I don't specifically disagree, just wasn't sure what he meant by, "will be replaced in Mythic," when the top trinket combos listed in sticky thread all include the H Seed. Prioritizing weapons/set pieces is perfectly reasonable, though.

(That said, I'm not sure I buy the 'very high boss uptime' argument. The set bonuses also require target uptime due to OoC only proccing from melee swings.)

Edit: Also, at least for me, upgrading my Mythic (non-Warforged) weapon to Xu'tenash, Glaive of Ruin is actually about 80 DPS lower than upgrading to the Heroic Seed of Creation. I'd imagine if you already had a MWF weapon, the Seed would be a larger single upgrade than the weapon.

4 set bonus is pretty valuable, though.

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:58 pm

All trinkets require 'uptime' so I'm not sure what all this hullabaloo is about. Honestly the one that explodes is the only one that exacerbates this because of the short period of time it actually does anything. But even now with BRF trinkets . . . trinket procs, you have to run away, watch the buff timer tick away as you run around. Most of it is luck and isn't really new.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Dysheki wrote:All trinkets require 'uptime' so I'm not sure what all this hullabaloo is about. Honestly the one that explodes is the only one that exacerbates this because of the short period of time it actually does anything. But even now with BRF trinkets . . . trinket procs, you have to run away, watch the buff timer tick away as you run around. Most of it is luck and isn't really new.
You lose the benefit of seed exactly proportional to the amount of time you're not able to use GCDs, that is true for no other trinket (except for Soul Cap which is a special snowflake). Every other trinket suffers significantly less because it benefits damage sources that continue even if you're not attacking.
Kojiyama wrote:(That said, I'm not sure I buy the 'very high boss uptime' argument. The set bonuses also require target uptime due to OoC only proccing from melee swings.)
Sure, but the set bonuses are not an option, you *must* get them because they are a substantial upgrade, there are no alternatives.
Kojiyama wrote:I don't specifically disagree, just wasn't sure what he meant by, "will be replaced in Mythic," when the top trinket combos listed in sticky thread all include the H Seed. Prioritizing weapons/set pieces is perfectly reasonable, though.
Hardly, its part of the top trinket combo which is best by 300 DPS (almost negligible) and a wash in all of the other pairs.
ImageImage

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:21 am

It may not be as much of a loss but you're still wasting other trinket uptimes when you run away. Not new. Just how much more painful it can be if it's timed poorly. And with the ability to remove the buff it's not as extreme as it was before.

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:36 am

It turns out this question is irrelevant, because all I get is gold anyway. :D

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:28 pm

I finally got something useful this week (2/10 total, first piece DEed) - weapon from mannoroth. So that was nice I guess.

Itharius
Honored

Post by Itharius » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:57 pm

Dysheki wrote:I finally got something useful this week (2/10 total, first piece DEed) - weapon from mannoroth. So that was nice I guess.
From what I hear, you gain 10% chance of getting something from a particular boss every time you roll gold. So one week, the stars will align and you'll bonus roll all the things.