Soul Capicator

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Eazi

Soul Capicator

Post by Eazi » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:26 am

So I just got a heroic one today and from testing myself it seems like when you cancel the buff it actually does the damage again, can anyone confirm? Didn't they take this out during the ptr?

Bluewulf
Honored

Re: Soul Capicator

Post by Bluewulf » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:59 am

I was told it was just changed to allow that, haven't tested it yet myself. I'll be keybinding a cancleaura for sure.
Bluewulf (Redwolf/Bluewulf) - Illidan US

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:05 am

It was changed within the past few hours or so. Until now it wasn't that it didn't deal damage if you cancelled it, you were just incapable of cancelling at all short of killing yourself.
https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status ... 8570744832
ImageImage

Eazi

Post by Eazi » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:20 am

Also, how does Soul cap work on logs/skada? Seems like my skada dps is insane but it's getting cut like crazy on logs? Haven't done any research on it really.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:06 am

Skada is counting the damage you do while you are under the proc of the trinket on top of the ending explosion. So Skada is doubling your damage from it. Warcraftlogs is accurate.

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:54 am

If you can cancel it now, that is huge. Will definitely want to have a macro for this to fire off the damage in the event that you need to get out of range for some reason or the boss is about to run away (e.g. Blitz.)

Grizzlebee

Post by Grizzlebee » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:15 pm

This is a wonderful change. Now I can contribute to priority add damage on Archimonde when they come out and I get an unlucky proc. Can anyone confirm if it still splits damage with dead adds/invisible/untargetable enemies? It's honestly kind of amazing that this trinket made it to live in this state considering how much feedback and bugs everyone pointed out on PTR.

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:47 pm

Not sure if anyone would have noticed the damage being split wrong on PTR because for most of PTR it wasn't even working at all because it absorbed its own damage. :)

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Yea, /CancelAura working is a huge deal for Soul-Cap on a lot of fights, Glad to see they were able to bring it back.

Bysket

Post by Bysket » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:44 pm

What would you guys suggest as a pairing trinket with the soul capacitor. Currently, the other trinkets I have available are Mythic Beating Heart, and Mythic Trigger. I'm getting mixed results at the moment, but I am also only farming in Tanaan.

I'm sure some of you guys have noticed this as well, but there are instances where this trinket will proc back to back multiple times. This has me wondering if maybe even a normal Seed would pair well for a rare occurrence such as that...

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:32 am

I would say Seed anywhere it is super useful(Reaver, Killrogg, Gorefiend), and beating heart anywhere else.

Seed+Soul Cap on Gorefiend is super ridiculous.

If you do use soul cap on killrogg and you are going down in visions, make sure to have a /cancelaura macro for it because a proc in that phase is exactly not what you want, it will get you overrun by the constant spawns.

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:31 am

For convenience :

Code: Select all

#showtooltip Soul Capacitor
/cancelaura Spirit Shift
Tbh the only fights where I had to trigger it or lose it were Hellfire Assault and Mannoroth 9 seconds into the fight.

Hwarra

Post by Hwarra » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:10 am

Since we are at it, I noticed that during trinket proc rake/rip applied sometimes are not getting TF/Bloodtalons proc. Is it really that they are not getting it, or just WA display is going crazy? I didn't have time to check it during fight. Its not regular, sometimes Rake gets applies with BT/TF, sometimes with just one of them, sometimes none. Same goes for Rip.

Anyone has an idea how it is?

Eazi

Post by Eazi » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:17 am

^ I have this happening to me too. I was assuming it was just the WA screwing up? Could be wrong though, i'm using pawketz WA.

Hwarra

Post by Hwarra » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:56 am

Using pawketz WA as well. And not sure to be honest, I can provide logs from those fights if this can help.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:56 am

Its a bug with my WAs, I've already posted an updated version that should fix it.
ImageImage

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:20 pm

Amitty wrote:For convenience :

Code: Select all

#showtooltip Soul Capacitor
/cancelaura Spirit Shift
Tbh the only fights where I had to trigger it or lose it were Hellfire Assault and Mannoroth 9 seconds into the fight.
Here would be my notes from using it this week in Normal + Heroic raids:

1) Hellfire Assault, most of the fight
2) Iron Reaver, pre-Blitz or pre-phase transition
3) Kilrogg, overlap with spirit phase if you are going in
4) Kormrok, if he is about to jump away to a pool
5) Gorefiend, if targeted by Shadow of Death without enough time to explode before you 'die' or when transitioning out of the stomach. Potentially if Touch of Doom timing doesn't give you enough time to get out or back via Displacer Beast.
6) Iskar, phase transitions primarily
7) Zakuun, if you have to run out for Seed at a bad time or when he is about to jump away for his weapon animations
8) Xhul'horac, if you get targeted by Fel/Void Surge without enough time to get back afterward
9) Socrethar, trinket is bugged to crap on this encounter still...but if you use it, should pop before he goes immune from the Dominator spawns
10) Velhari, not really much here that requires management
11) Mannoroth, pretty unimportant since he has such a big hitbox--really only potentially an issue at the start of the fight on the summoners
12) Archimonde, priority target burst, but not really a big deal so far that I've seen

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:19 pm

Kojiyama wrote:9) Socrethar, trinket is bugged to crap on this encounter still...but if you use it, should pop before he goes immune from the Dominator spawns
Good list but I kind of disagree with this one, if you can get away the threat you should immediately run on top of the Dominator and alpha strike him with the explosion. There's an overlap between the Dominator spawns and when he goes immune so if you're keen this shouldn't be an issue.
ImageImage

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:25 pm

Yeah, in spirit I agree with this. I think it somewhat depends on the timing and where your group positions relative to the portal.

If you tanking Socrethar on top of the portal, it will get split 50/50 between the Dominator and the immune Soul of Socrethar and you'll lose half of the damage unless you pop it in the ~1s window before he goes immune. So you might still want to pop it early in this case to make sure you get damage out on both of them. If you have time to get out of range of the Soul and just hit the Dominator, that is probably ideal to dump all the damage into it.

If you are tanking them apart and the timing aligns then yeah, getting on top of the Soul seems like a great use of the trinket to help burst it down.

Basically, just have to be aware that Socrethar is still a valid target while immune and will split the damage if you are in range of it or don't pop it before he gets the shield. So need to position accordingly if you want to use it on the Dominator.

Ehrenfailed
Honored

Post by Ehrenfailed » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:49 pm

Some questions regarding priorities when the trinket procs:
Do we use bite over rip in the opener and is it a dps gain to use bite ínstead of refreshing rip?

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:39 pm

I simmed some potential options the other day and there seemed to be very minimal benefit in doing anything specifically different when the proc was up. I was able to see some extremely marginal gains from using FB over Rip in some narrow timing bands, but none really seemed very worthwhile to use in practice.

Altering the rotation will lead to lower Rip uptime (as you will already use FB in any situation that you can safely) and ~30% of a FB is only worth about 2 Rip ticks.

This is different than something like Gorefiend's extra damage phase where you could potentially sneak in 100% extra damage over a Rip and most likely get your Rip back up before you lost 6 Rip ticks.

CowPond

Post by CowPond » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Skada's dmg meter was fixed w/ Capicator counting dmg twice correct? I've been hitting a dummy and the dmg appears accurate,.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:35 pm

Ya it has been fixed.

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:38 am

aggixx wrote:
Kojiyama wrote:9) Socrethar, trinket is bugged to crap on this encounter still...but if you use it, should pop before he goes immune from the Dominator spawns
Good list but I kind of disagree with this one, if you can get away the threat you should immediately run on top of the Dominator and alpha strike him with the explosion. There's an overlap between the Dominator spawns and when he goes immune so if you're keen this shouldn't be an issue.
Just for the sake of future reference/people browsing this forum, the shield on socrethar from dominators was hotfixed to be instant, blowing up the Dominator with the explosion is still a great idea, but needs more careful positioning.

Another recent hotfix changed it so that the dominator does not immediately proximity aggro when he spawns, so being right on him isn't much of a risk so long as you trust your tank.

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:55 am

Another note about the trinket... although they did not mention anything, it does not seem like I was seeing the previous effect of the explosion splitting on corpses today. I tried it on Socrethar (by far the worst fight in the past) after noticing it not splitting on trash and noticed zero damage loss over the fight.

Seeing the correct total explosion values across Socrethar, Xhul'horac, and Mannoroth which were all very problematic in previous weeks.

With this and the /cancelaura change, I'm pretty comfortable using this on basically every fight at this point. I screwed up on one of the Kromork jumps tonight, but otherwise the trinket is definitely manageable if you are keeping an eye on your timers.