Soul Capicator

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Ogreson

Re: Soul Capicator

Post by Ogreson » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:52 am

Yeah they posted that they put out quite a few hotfixes Monday night for Soul Capacitor and that they had one more coming which would fix the explosion splitting with corpses. So it's good to see that that went in to effect after the restarts to the servers on Tuesday.

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:14 am

Now that most of the issues are fixed I think my biggest issue is the haze around the screen. Some globules I didn't notice clearly on Kormok, lol, oh well.

Minibubble
Honored

Post by Minibubble » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:39 pm

Finally i got mine. It's ridiculous strong with Natur's Vigil. So much healoutput.

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:46 pm

I guess it does allow you to 'stretch' NV out by using it right before the explosion and getting the value from the 10s Spirit Shift period + 30% and then the remaining duration as a bonus. (Although, frankly, I've gotten pretty turned off by with how lame NV is right now.)

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:36 pm

While NV is going to be a big number, it doesn't mean it was meaningful healing. Because you can't control when the proc happens who's to say you won't be throwing a big heal to an already topped raid. If RNG is your friend you could save the raid...but more likely it's not going to be the right time.

That being said the Seed trinket does make NV more powerful if you are lining up your cooldowns for high damage high burst like Feast of Souls, or P2 of Tyrant.

minuï

Post by minuï » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:37 pm

and the synergy with FoN?

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Pretty sure FoN has synergy with nothing. The damage they putout is Guardian damage, and doesn't give us anything. I doubt Soul Cap will absorb their damage. But even if it did Incarnation is WAY to strong to consider trying to game it with FoN.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:01 am

Dysheki wrote:Now that most of the issues are fixed I think my biggest issue is the haze around the screen. Some globules I didn't notice clearly on Kormok, lol, oh well.
You can turn that off, /console ffxGlow 0
Tinderhoof wrote:Pretty sure FoN has synergy with nothing. The damage they putout is Guardian damage, and doesn't give us anything. I doubt Soul Cap will absorb their damage. But even if it did Incarnation is WAY to strong to consider trying to game it with FoN.
It doesn't, I've tested it. And yeah even if it did that doesn't come even remotely close to making it viable, especially since Soul Cap is no better at that than any other proc trinket.
Minibubble wrote:Finally i got mine. It's ridiculous strong with Natur's Vigil. So much healoutput.
I don't understand this post at all. The explosion is AoE so it wouldn't even trigger Nature's Vigil.
ImageImage

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:11 am

Thank you soooo much. I will need to try that later tonight.

shuckit

Post by shuckit » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:01 am

aggixx wrote:
Minibubble wrote:Finally i got mine. It's ridiculous strong with Natur's Vigil. So much healoutput.
I don't understand this post at all. The explosion is AoE so it wouldn't even trigger Nature's Vigil.

00:04:33.087 Kitnmitnz Spirit Eruption Kormrok 1376033
00:04:33.223 Kitnmitnz Nature's Vigil Alteia +243549 (O: 306864)

Bysket

Post by Bysket » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:52 pm

I have a couple questions for you guys who are more familiar with warcraftlogs than I am. I've been glancing at my logs from this week trying to get hints on the issues I need improvement. I noticed that Spirit Shift is reporting a negative dmg report. I'm assuming this is the absorb. Is the negative report due to the duration of the fight, for instance while you are in the spirit shift you are absorbing and not actually doing the dps. (Which at the erruption this damage is counted, granted you're within range.) I may have already answered my own question, but I was a little confused.

Now for the spirit erruption itself. Looking over my logs, I have noticed only straight forward damage. Does the erruption have the ability to crit?

I want to thank you guys for everything you guys do, especially the Soul Capacitor damage tracker as well as Pawketz weak auras. Your hard work is greatly appreicated!

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:18 pm

You are correct in that the Spirit Shift absorb is reported as negative to offset the fact that you are not actually dealing that damage.

The Eruption is just the straight damage that the absorb gathered up during time it was up, modified by the multiplier stated on the trinket. It cannot crit or be affected by any damage multipliers that I can see--and, if it could, would be incorrectly double-dipping from those effects as the absorbed damage already had a chance to crit and be multiplied by external factors.

It's worth noting that for Aggixx's suggested console command, it should disable all full-screen FX as far as I know. This is unlikely to be a problem, but worth noting for people who use some of the other FX for cues, such as on Velhari P3. (It can also make your game a little less pretty when not raiding! :)) Still probably worth it since the Spirit Shift effect in particular can be very distracting.

imverykind

Post by imverykind » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:32 pm

I don't understand this post at all. The explosion is AoE so it wouldn't even trigger Nature's Vigil.[/quote]

I didn't check it, but i had the feeling that it healed. Will check it later.

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:31 pm

NV does treat the explosion as a single source of damage, probably because it is split/meteor damage rather than true AoE.

This has a couple positive interactions:
1) You get more effective time from NV, since you get the period when Spirit Shift is active for 'free'
2) You can accumulate AoE damage via Spirit Shift absorbs and still get healing from it
3) Your explosion damage is increased by the trinket, therefore your healing from that damage is increased

However, it has negative implications too:
1) You can't control the timing
2) Since it is a single source of damage, it is a single burst of healing on a single target...therefore it is pretty likely to be a large overheal. It is very rare you will be able to take advantage of a 400k heal, but I guess there is a chance it could save someone! (Although, it is probably more likely to just end up being a 390k overheal... :D)

I suppose if the timing is reasonable with raid damage and you were going to use NV at some point, taking advantage of the free duration and mega-heal isn't a bad idea. Probably not that amazing in most situations though.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:00 pm

Kojiyama wrote:It's worth noting that for Aggixx's suggested console command, it should disable all full-screen FX as far as I know. This is unlikely to be a problem, but worth noting for people who use some of the other FX for cues, such as on Velhari P3. (It can also make your game a little less pretty when not raiding! :)) Still probably worth it since the Spirit Shift effect in particular can be very distracting.
Yeah it turns off some other things but I'm not sure what specifically. You can always turn it back on (using the same command with a 1 instead) but I don't think the stuff you're losing is anything important.
ImageImage

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:27 pm

shuckit wrote:
aggixx wrote:

00:04:33.087 Kitnmitnz Spirit Eruption Kormrok 1376033
00:04:33.223 Kitnmitnz Nature's Vigil Alteia +243549 (O: 306864)
Weeeeird... okay.
ImageImage

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:30 pm

Nature's Vigil actually double-dips from the proc, i.e. generates healing from both the absorbed damage and the explosion.

And yeah, my impression is that Blizzard coded Nature's Vigil to not work with the AoE class abilities, and that's it. It worked with the scorpion's Swipe on Paragons of the Klaxxi, for instance, which was also AoE.

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:53 am

yep i remember abusing the hell out of that all day on progression last year.

Batlecruiser
Honored

Post by Batlecruiser » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:18 pm

Nothing contributable, but kind of funny... ^^

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:19 am

I will go on the record in saying that Mirror + Capacitor is at least half of the fun I have on a given raid night... these trinkets are highly entertaining. lol

Overall, I love the Capacitor after all the fixes to it. It really has extremely little downside now and given the tuning it is very worthwhile as long as you are aware in watching out for the situations where it might be problematic. Certainly takes a lot more monitoring than an average proc trinket, but the upside seems worthwhile and we have the tools to avoid the worst-case scenarios now.

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:20 am

Batlecruiser wrote:Nothing contributable, but kind of funny... ^^
I get scared and call for a Salv any time I get 2 procs on the pull, there is a decent chance I just go splat before tanks can get enough threat generated to counter all of the double dipping.

Edit: I definitely agree that the hotfixes have redeemed it, mainly the cancel. I still think there are bad fights for it, but the same can be said for Mirror/Seed as well.

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:22 am

I've heard people mention that, but never actually seen any threat issues like this personally outside of trash. Usually tank threat is so ridiculously high that even doing 230% virtual damage isn't enough to pull it off of them.

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:27 am

Kojiyama wrote:I've heard people mention that, but never actually seen any threat issues like this personally outside of trash. Usually tank threat is so ridiculously high that even doing 230% virtual damage isn't enough to pull it off of them.
Zakuun has killed me twice for it so far, My tanks are Brewmaster/Pally so I dunno how their snap threat compares to everything else, 9/10 times it happens and I'm perfectly okay, and I've never had it happen on anything but Zakuun Heroic, so maybe my tanks just get lazy during farm :P

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:05 am

I have a Guardian and Warrior tank, and I have never pulled off them even when I get 3 procs back to back on the opening.

Batlecruiser
Honored

Post by Batlecruiser » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:57 am

Kraineth wrote:
Batlecruiser wrote:Nothing contributable, but kind of funny... ^^
I get scared and call for a Salv any time I get 2 procs on the pull, there is a decent chance I just go splat before tanks can get enough threat generated to counter all of the double dipping.
Me2, got some deaths during Kilrogg mystic, because of exploding right into the newly spawned tank add. :(