7.0 Rumors and discussion

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Tremnen
Revered

7.0 Rumors and discussion

Post by Tremnen » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:03 pm

So our artifact is confirmed Fangs of the First Nightsaber.

Dual Wield Confirmed? These images came out labeled as Fang.

Wowpedia thinks they are rogue weapons but I think the first one looks pretty similar to the ice cat we saw in the video.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Re: 7.0 Rumors and discussion

Post by Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:08 pm

To enable dual welding would take some kinda crazy changes to combine 2 weapons into our single form attack. We are getting a staff.

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:22 pm

well for upgrade purposes we will only have the one weapon for the entire expansion. so its weapon damage coding will just be coded based off how much valor (sorry i meant artifact power) we have collected and put in it.

AsgardFM
Honored

Post by AsgardFM » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:42 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:To enable dual welding would take some kinda crazy changes to combine 2 weapons into our single form attack. We are getting a staff.
Not to nit-pick too much, but is there any confirmation of that? Fangs of the First Nightsaber implies multiples of something pointy. I agree it will be a huge shift to swap us to DW but the name doesn't quite fit a staff. I'd imagine the daggers are rogue based (Fangs of the Father Mk2?)

Terias
Honored

Post by Terias » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Survival hunters getting a spear, anythings possible - but fangs could easily be a single fist weapon too.

Minibubble
Honored

Post by Minibubble » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:09 pm

Terias wrote:Survival hunters getting a spear, anythings possible - but fangs could easily be a single fist weapon too.
Yes thats a great change. Also it would make sense that Ferals could role for Daggers, because only Rogue can and thats why so much loot is wasted.

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:29 pm

Wouldn't fangs of the first nightsaber be crappy? or does evolution not happen in azeroth?

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:40 pm

usually in fantasy lore the first of its kind is the strongest and the bloodlines weaken it. Its why Dracula is the strongest of vampires ect ect.

Terias
Honored

Post by Terias » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:46 pm

I mean, in the pvp artifact variant shot, http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... nel083.jpg - that third one could be fangs even.

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:07 pm

In my opinion the fangs on the cat form are a little too big. How the heck is the cat even supposed to open its mouth wide enough to bite? Here we go. I fixed it with my awesome ms paint skills.

Maybe they are taking ferocious bite out of the game because our teeth are too big now. Maybe we can now parry with our teeth.

Also, I get the feeling that there is not going to be any uniqueness in the cat forms among any of the races. Also, how is this going to carry over to the next expansion?

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:23 pm

It's still really early on. They only showed off the Night elf Model. I'm guessing we are all going to see the newer forms later on.

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:30 pm

All cats are probably going to use the same models for the artifact forms, just getting new base models for all races. I doubt they will want to design 16+ new cat forms and 4+ color variations of each one.

I am definitely going to laugh if we get an awesome looking weapon to go with our form, people in my guild are already salty.

Also hearing rumblings of 25man mythic, which would honestly be a godsend given that they are adding yet another melee dps class

Asashdor

Post by Asashdor » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:19 am

I think they're changing up the weapons system completely.
Take a look at Enhancement Shaman for example who gets the Doomhammer: a single one-handed weapon with some kind of energy version to use in the off-hand. Based on that I'd guess we'll only get a single Weapon slot and that's it - and then it's no problem to "dual wield" daggers.

But as Tinderhoof said: It's still very early in development and we'll probably get more info about that at Blizzcon.

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:24 am

I'm kinda hesitant about the weapon thing because it seems pretty crazy unfriendly to hybrid classes. Levels up from boss kills? What happens when Feral sucks on a fight and we have to go Balance? Not only do we have to use a crappy weapon but we miss out on a boss kill with our primary one? Yuck.

Arch ring upgrade is bad enough as it is right now.

They really have to commit to not trying to excuse Feral weaknesses with the presence of Balance.

Lynxx
Honored

Post by Lynxx » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:49 am

It seems to me that they are really wanting a heavy, heavy push for people to have a main. I would imagine they have something in the works to alleviate this dual spec problem. Perhaps you can respec and got get the Balance weapon and it will level with your main spec weapon if you have it in your bags when you kill the same bosses. This would make sense lore wise, if i have it in my back pack it would be there when I kill the boss. Or perhaps it switches to the other weapon when you respec, but I dont see how that wouldn't take a mountain of coding miracles.

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:44 pm

I had a really good laugh when I read they were ok with demon hunters being leather because of personal loot. Man are they out of touch. Lol

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:14 pm

So demon hunters are going to be sharing gear with rogues, monks, and druids and trinkets with rogues, monks, druids, and potentially hunters and shamans. That sounds completely ridiculous. Six classes fighting over the same trinkets. I guess this could be fixed by adjusting loot drop rates based on group composition maybe?

Karyy
Honored

Post by Karyy » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:52 pm

I believe conq tokens already have an adjusted drop rate due to only 3 classes sharing it, so its possible that leather/agi gear will be increased but its all still rng in the end.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:46 pm

Kraineth wrote:All cats are probably going to use the same models for the artifact forms, just getting new base models for all races. I doubt they will want to design 16+ new cat forms and 4+ color variations of each one.

I am definitely going to laugh if we get an awesome looking weapon to go with our form, people in my guild are already salty.

Also hearing rumblings of 25man mythic, which would honestly be a godsend given that they are adding yet another melee dps class
Actually they're adding two. Survival hunters are now a melee class as well. That brings us to 9 melee classes to 6 ranged... I REALLY hope they take this into account in the raid/dungeon design or melee vs ranged balance. If things go as they are where the best raid is always less melee than ranged, melee get the short end of the stick cause there'll never be enough slots for them and those with the best utility and/or performance that patch will win.

Ogreson

Post by Ogreson » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:17 pm

Don't know if survival will actually become melee, can still throw a spear, but them adding yet another leather agility user is just silly. Monk's were the last class released which were also leather agility. There's only 2 mail users in the game, why didn't they add another mail user instead.

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:21 pm

melee to ranged amount of specs doesnt even matter. if it was 50 melee : 5 ranged specs raids just wouldnt take a ton of melee specs to meet the criteria for bosses. all of this complaining i keep seeing on forums about adding 2 melee specs is ridiculous and hilarious. If your raid already has 9 melee dps guess what you arent going to be recruiting?

The only complaint I can kind of agree with is if Survival is the best dps spec of the hunter specs you would want to go Survival which would feel bad if you are forced to go range for encounter requirements.

If your raid is running 9 agi dps specs in their core group your raid is probably doing something wrong with their composition which means the agi trinket "problem" is easily solved by just not recruiting classes you dont want.

You dont recruit a 15th vanq token user in a mythic guild why do people think you are going to have 10 leather dps users?

Killerbeez

Post by Killerbeez » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:03 pm

Unless they're doing something completely unorthodox ferals will always be a 2h wielding class

Sibylle
Revered

Post by Sibylle » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:45 pm

Tremnen wrote:melee to ranged amount of specs doesnt even matter. if it was 50 melee : 5 ranged specs raids just wouldnt take a ton of melee specs to meet the criteria for bosses. all of this complaining i keep seeing on forums about adding 2 melee specs is ridiculous and hilarious. If your raid already has 9 melee dps guess what you arent going to be recruiting?

The only complaint I can kind of agree with is if Survival is the best dps spec of the hunter specs you would want to go Survival which would feel bad if you are forced to go range for encounter requirements.

If your raid is running 9 agi dps specs in their core group your raid is probably doing something wrong with their composition which means the agi trinket "problem" is easily solved by just not recruiting classes you dont want.

You dont recruit a 15th vanq token user in a mythic guild why do people think you are going to have 10 leather dps users?
That's exactly what people are complaining about: That not many guilds are going to be recruiting more melees, and therefore many melees won't find a guild to apply to, unless they are exceptional players.

Also, "just not recruiting classes you don't want" works for top guilds, but we for example are struggling to get our raid to 20 for mythic. We can't afford to be picky. If we get a good player and they happen to be melee, we're not going to turn them away.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:19 pm

ive seen so many guilds breaking up. there are players out there to recruit from. trust me my guild almost broke up before BRF but we recruited 8 people in a week. Recruiting is hard but good recruiting is very very important.

ocedy

Post by ocedy » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:52 pm

@tremnen

Actually, for my guild this has been quite of a problem, since were located on a small server and run with double monk as tanks, and people also favor certain classes above others. What really complicates things with this tank base is filling plate and strength users. Since strength gear isl imited to melees I feel forced to recruit 3+ plate melees to avoid sharding too much gear. This leaves like 2-3 slots for leather melees, which always seem to fill up fast. Adding 2 more non strength melee specs will probably not help unless one of the plate specs becomes ranged. Restructuring the drops to account for increased leather/agi specs would at least give us some kind of flexibility when looking to build a decent roster.