What's new, fellas?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

msrobinson
Honored

What's new, fellas?

Post by msrobinson » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:24 pm

Hello everyone! It's been awhile. My computer broke down about 4-5 months ago, which led to not having any capabilities to do anything for awhile. Now, after some hard work, I put together my new one, and I'm planning to come back to the game for about a month to see how it stands, and if I can handle the raiding hours given my current job.

How are ferals doing? I've read some stuff but the general consensus is that we're virtually the exact same except we spam shred a lot more with the new tier bonuses. Is that a good estimate? I also hear that I don't need to know how to play my class and the trinkets will do all my damage for me.

We still top single target and suck on aoe I assume.

Are there any significant changes to the rotation/opener since the new patch?

It feels nice to be back.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Re: What's new, fellas?

Post by Tinderhoof » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:49 pm

msrobinson wrote:How are ferals doing?
Not great.
msrobinson wrote:I've read some stuff but the general consensus is that we're virtually the exact same except we spam shred a lot more with the new tier bonuses
Thrash becomes a much bigger part of the rotation because it has the largest energy return when you get the 4p. It's a feast and famin set bonus. Half the time you will be energy capped no matter what you do, and sometimes you can't buy a proc and are energy starved.
msrobinson wrote:We still top single target and suck on aoe I assume.
As soon as other classes got mostly heroic gear and set bonues we fell to about mid pack single target. AoE remains unchanged.

Nayni
Revered

Post by Nayni » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:50 pm

msrobinson wrote:We still top single target and suck on aoe I assume.
I'll fix that for you:

We don't top single target and also suck at aoe.

Ferals aren't doing too well at the moment. Depending on how serious you'll be taking raiding you could find yourself a bit disappointed with how Feral is performing at the moment.
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:55 pm

We are going through some hard times right now. I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to.

msrobinson
Honored

Post by msrobinson » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:11 pm

So we're all swapping mains to demon hunters come 7.0?

Man that makes me so sad. BRF wasn't that bad for ferals, and the set bonus made for some interesting fun. Hopefully they change some stuff coming up to make ferals stronger.

How is the new raid? Are the fights interesting and fun at the very least?

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:23 pm

Seeing how cleave is one of our strengths, when you do mythic council it is a huge slap in the face when you are at the bottom of the meter.

Lynxx
Honored

Post by Lynxx » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:11 pm

I will for sure be trying a DH in beta(hopefully i get in). At the moment nothing really does it for me except feral. Not that I haven't tried other classes/specs/ I've just been a feral so long that nothing really peaks my interest. If i enjoy DH and seem to pick it up easily and can perform I will weigh my options and see if they are great enough for me to switch. Honestly, I'll probably be staying feral. DH would have to really be amazing in design to pull me away.