Druid Class Halls

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Elamari
Honored

Druid Class Halls

Post by Elamari » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:52 am

A dev asked on twitter what players would like to see for their class halls. Which got me thinking about potential Druid Class Halls.

https://twitter.com/craig_amai/status/6 ... 0686053376

Three places I've thought of so far are:

* Moonglade - We already have the teleport there and has been a Druid thing since day dot.
* Inside the Emerald Dream / Nightmare - This has also long been a Druid thing. Malfurion has spend a great deal of time there. Warlocks are getting a demon planet so it's not too far to expect that we have our own little section of the Emerald Dream.
* New place in the Broken Isles - I can't remember which place they said was the origin of Druidism (Azsuna or Suramar) but it would be cool to be on the new place rather than stuck in old Azeroth.

Also in addition to a location, what other things would you like to see / do in the class halls? Do you think there should be a subsection for each spec? Or reference to all the other Druid types (e.g. Druids of the Claw / talon / flame etc..)
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Minibubble
Honored

Re: Druid Class Halls

Post by Minibubble » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:30 am

Moonglade sounds fun but it would mean the whole area would be cut for other players and they cannot transition. What I want is some theme from other races, like trauen. What I hate about druids are that they are to much focused on night elves. Secondly the whole one with nature thing. I understand it for restoration and balance druids but not for ferals and bears. I don't like this tree hugging pot smoking behavior. Give us or own theme, more incline with wild and ferocious design.

Rayen
Honored

Post by Rayen » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:21 am

Minibubble wrote:Moonglade sounds fun but it would mean the whole area would be cut for other players and they cannot transition. What I want is some theme from other races, like trauen. What I hate about druids are that they are to much focused on night elves. Secondly the whole one with nature thing. I understand it for restoration and balance druids but not for ferals and bears. I don't like this tree hugging pot smoking behavior. Give us or own theme, more incline with wild and ferocious design.
Careful... they might give us a box if they go that route.

Thandorr
Honored

Post by Thandorr » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:08 pm

I am perfectly OK with the Moonglade route. As for being anti- tree hugging, pot smoking etc, that is the general theme of the class. I'm sorry if you don't like that but the very essence of a druid is balance, nature and protection. Druids are an order committing to protecting nature and the forests etc employing their use of shapeshifting. Sorry if you don't like the lore/thematic nature behind your class. Guess you could go reroll if you don't like it! :P

Minibubble
Honored

Post by Minibubble » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Thandorr wrote:I am perfectly OK with the Moonglade route. As for being anti- tree hugging, pot smoking etc, that is the general theme of the class. I'm sorry if you don't like that but the very essence of a druid is balance, nature and protection. Druids are an order committing to protecting nature and the forests etc employing their use of shapeshifting. Sorry if you don't like the lore/thematic nature behind your class. Guess you could go reroll if you don't like it! :P
You can still be loving nature but its a "Feral". It Rips, it Rakes and Maim the enemy. You can't be all about Balance while you drilling your teeth in the throat of the enemy. It looks good on Balance or Restoration druids, but not on the Druids of the Claw. We are, by nature :) , ferocious. i dont mean we should have a clean cut between each of the Druidforms but we should work out their diffencies and have our own subculture within our own believe system. There are different aspect of nature lorewise, an different philosophies and forms, but it isnt not well presented ingame. We dont even draw the power from the same source. We know that there were/are different subgroups, i.e. Druid of the Fang/Pack/Talon/Stag with different mentalities. To strict the whole class to Nightelf identity and Restoration and Balance is to simple.

AsgardFM
Honored

Post by AsgardFM » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:00 pm

I don't think that we need separate regions for each Druid spec as nature covers all bases well, from trees to sun/moon to animals. Having a clear split wouldn't quite fit a natural image. Mostly I would like to see an area that does contains more than a night elf theme. Show some love to the Troll Loa, Worgen mental-recovery and Tauren..er...stuff. I'm honestly not sure what theme Tauren Druids run with as we've basically been borrowing Elven themes since Moonglade. But it would be good to see something developed for them.

As for a location, if we're getting Moonglade then I think we'll be getting an instanced version of the Barrow Dens. Emerald Dream would be nice to see a bit more of. One of the (many) World Trees could be pretty interesting, either running through the roots or having a treetop hangout. We could even head back to the Firelands beachhead and see how it's grown since Cataclysm. Though wherever we end up, as long as Cenarius is hanging around then I'll be happy.

Xanzara

Post by Xanzara » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:49 am

As to regards to the night elf theme and druids. While it's blizzards lore, and they quite frankly disregard it a lot of the time.

The population of the different druid races are not even close. There are probably less darkspear Trolls total than there is night elf druids, there are slightly more Tauren but a similiar story, while the Worgen might be numberous (we don't really know what happened with their population after they walled themselves off, and blizzard never gave any indication post-cataclysm) but it's questionable that they would be able to train that many druids in the few years that have passed since Cata. The night elves are an empire with numbers comparable to the human kingdoms in their prime whereas the others are mearly tribes. Any combined druid place would following that logic be heavily night elf dominated simply out of convenience (more night elves would prefer their own architechture) and you can see that already in moonglade of course which is this sort of druid meetup place already.

Personally I'm all for Moonglade, it's already sort of a druid class hall and fleshing the long forgotten zone out would be great.

Thandorr
Honored

Post by Thandorr » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:33 am

Some touching up and revamping of Moonglade would be amazing!

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:26 pm

I've always loved the Moonglade and while it does feel a little Night Elf dominated, there are major lore reasons for that. (Mainly that Taurens drifted away from Druidism and forgot over the years.) Runetotem effectively studied under Malfurion as the Cenarion Circle was the remaining Druid community and 100% Night Elf at that time.

This is fine, although it would be interesting to see a slight Troll/Tauren presence starting to influence the social areas, as that would naturally happen now that there is a substantial presence of Tauren Druidism compared to previous years. I believe Cenarius is around still, so that could play some part in the class hall.

(Of interesting Druid lore note, something they never really addressed in WoD was that it is unlikely Grom would have killed Cenarius in the AU.)

Sibylle
Revered

Post by Sibylle » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Really like the Moonglade idea. It's become so irrelevant lately, since they removed the quests to learn druid forms... I'd love to have our class hall there.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:41 pm

Considering one of the new zones deals exclusively with druid themes (ie the birthplace of the druids) I give it a 0% chance that Moonglade will house the druid class hall. It is a lot easier for the devs to make the new zone to include the druid dens than to totally remake moonglade as well. I mean come on. The grove in which Cenarius bestowed the gifts of the druid to Malfurian? How is that not going to be THE holy hall of the druids. I really hope it is a burrow.

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Yeah, could definitely be. Hard to tell if they were going to turn that into a fighting location or a peaceful location--although could be both!

Cenarius is bound to have a major bone to pick with the Legion being that they were the primary reason he was killed in the first place. (Although I guess technically that was Mannoroth's doing and he's kinda dead now...unless they backtrack on the 'one Legion' concept...so maybe not.)

Minibubble
Honored

Post by Minibubble » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:36 pm

You know what would be great? That we get class specific Daily or weekly quest, that you can only do with druids. After a certain (moderate) number of daily done by the community your class hall will be upgraded. That would be a progression that i would like. Would strengthen the community and you could work on your class hall. It could be bigger rooms, Statues, or better decoration. Also a lot of lore, books and stuff.