Concerned about per ilvl rankings

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Post Reply
User avatar
Lynxx
Honored
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:28 am

Concerned about per ilvl rankings

Post by Lynxx » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:10 am

Just want someone who is better at looking at logs than me to see what I am missing on some of my parses. I am concerned about my % within my ilvl bracket. I am not seeing my legendary ring causing that much of a difference. I will be getting it next week. Just wanting to pick it apart and see what I need to work on.

My Feral:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... y/advanced

The Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VM ... 2&source=3
Image

Kojiyama
Revered
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:47 pm

Re: Concerned about per ilvl rankings

Post by Kojiyama » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:09 am

Should have time to look at the logs later, but I will say that even though the legendary ring is not as good as Feral compared to other classes, it is still going to be a huge and very noticeable upgrade.
Image

Bysket
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: Concerned about per ilvl rankings

Post by Bysket » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Your logs are nearly identical to mine, we're at the same ilvl, but I have the legendary ring. Although, I have yet to kill Archi on heroic. I noticed a couple small things, which could help increase your bracket %age. First being Rake uptime which is 88%. I know the hectic add cleave multi dot issues could result in Rake dropping from Archi. Also, the usage of your second pot was near the end of Time Warp, I'm not sure if you planned to do it this way, personally I try to pop my second pot when I use my CD's or I try to line it up with Time Warp. Again, I haven't downed Archi on heroic I've only experienced that encounter a handful of times. I'm also sure there are more experienced Ferals within this group who know a lot more than I do, but these are just a couple items that stood out to me. As for the legendary ring, upgraded weekly should also be an increase regardless of the on use ability. Currently, my guild has our warrior popping the ring.

Kojiyama
Revered
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:47 pm

Re: Concerned about per ilvl rankings

Post by Kojiyama » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:33 pm

60k pretty respectable on Heroic Archimonde for Feral given your ilevel, especially without the ring.

Rake uptime is low, as Bysket mentioned. Should probably be around 95-96% on Archimonde given that there is always a viable target other than in the final phase if you have to run for banish. Rip uptime is good.

Given how many Shreds you are using, you should be able to have higher Rake uptime or higher Rake snapshots most likely.

Mirror of the Blademaster is a fantastic option for this fight if you use it at the right times and would probably beat the value of Seed if you have it available.

5 Thrashes for the entire fight feels very low to me considering you have the T18 4pc and should be using clearcasting procs on Thrash in low-energy situations when Thrash is not already up (or in pandemic range.) For comparison, I had 15 Thrashes on my last parse for a similar duration fight.

Your Predatory Swiftness aura uptime seems really low at 47.9% which makes me wonder if you are not saving the buff for the opportune moments quite enough. For comparison, my PS aura uptime was 81.1% on my last parse, which simply indicates that I was holding the buffs on average significantly longer.

I believe this should show which abilities you had buffed with BT:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VM ... rue%24true

This appears to show that you only buffed 14/27 of your FBs and 5/17 of your Rips. The only finisher you should not have buffed is your first Rip in your opener.

That is probably the largest improvement you can make because you are potentially leaving a lot of damage on the table by expending a BT buff on a Shred rather than an FB or Rip.
Image

Arnathis
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Concerned about per ilvl rankings

Post by Arnathis » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Hey Koji could you maybe go through the steps you took to get to that report on WoL? Having a little trouble.

User avatar
Lynxx
Honored
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:28 am

Re: Concerned about per ilvl rankings

Post by Lynxx » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:24 pm

Ok, awesome! I used to have a audio warning pop when i got a clearcasting proc, so that I could use it on a high energy ability if I could. I will get that back up and running. So basic theory on PS, only use it for finishers and and rake.

Two questions:

Is using thrash during low energy with a proc simply for the energy return? or would it have to be a cleave add to benefit?

Also, is it always considered better to save PS for Finishers and put rake on the bottom of the priority list for getting a BT buff? I am assuming so since it generates a combo point and can be applied again after finishers are taken care of.

Thanks for taking the time to look it over!
Image

Kojiyama
Revered
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:47 pm

Re: Concerned about per ilvl rankings

Post by Kojiyama » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:26 pm

Arnathis wrote:Hey Koji could you maybe go through the steps you took to get to that report on WoL? Having a little trouble.
Easiest way (without manually creating a pin from scratch) is to go to buffs, press the + next Bloodtalons to create a pin based on it. Then press the gear/settings icon in the upper-left of the pin to edit it, click the checkbox (and change the drop-downs) next to "Only Match if Aura is [Present] on [Source]". Then also change the Pin Type at the bottom to 'Filter' instead of 'Decorator' then hit 'Change Pin' at the bottom to save it.

This allows the pin to be a filter on whatever view you are looking at, so it will filter any actions that were yours and only performed when the source (you) had the Bloodtalons buff present. In this case, just navigate to the 'Casts' tab and it should show you what you want to see.

You can click the blue "Type: Filter" text up by the pin at the top of the report to toggle it between a Decorator and a Filter if you want to compare with and without the conditional.
Image

Kojiyama
Revered
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:47 pm

Re: Concerned about per ilvl rankings

Post by Kojiyama » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Lynxx wrote:Two questions:

Is using thrash during low energy with a proc simply for the energy return? or would it have to be a cleave add to benefit?

Also, is it always considered better to save PS for Finishers and put rake on the bottom of the priority list for getting a BT buff? I am assuming so since it generates a combo point and can be applied again after finishers are taken care of.
With the 4pc bonus due to the energy return it is worthwhile to use Thrash even on single-target as a combo of both the energy and the damage. Thrash's value is still solid in any multi-target situation without Clearcasting the same as normal. (Although slightly less high of a priority than with the T17 2pc.) However, this is less important at high energy if you aren't gaining the full 50 out of it--e.g. don't sweat missing a CC proc when spamming energy down at the top-end, but try to leave yourself a reaction window when you are at low energy.

PS should ideally be used on Rake + Finisher but the timing depends on when you need to refresh Rake. If Rake's duration is looking solid, it's probably best to use it on the GCD prior to your finisher then you have the option of using BT on a Thrash (Clearcasting proc) -> Finisher or Finisher -> Rake depending on what happens.

I think that because of the Thrash+Clearcasting situation, it's often safer just to use your HT on 5 CP as a general case now, but if your Rake duration is extremely low you may want to change that up. (Finisher > Rake > Thrash > Shred is the priority.)
Image

User avatar
Lynxx
Honored
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:28 am

Re: Concerned about per ilvl rankings

Post by Lynxx » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:51 pm

Sweet, thanks for clearing things up there. I am coming from a Sub rogue with 4pc, and ring. I am having to just slow myself down. Rogues are so spammy, there really isnt any thought to it other than pooling energy for more spam. I am so happy to be back feral, just gotta get back in the swing of things.
Image

Kojiyama
Revered
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:47 pm

Re: Concerned about per ilvl rankings

Post by Kojiyama » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Lynxx wrote:I am coming from a Sub rogue with 4pc, and ring.
You are a sick, twisted individual! ;)

But more seriously, Feral is definitely a bit on the spammier side now with the T18 bonuses--which is something the Feral community is a little less than thrilled with (to say the least.) However, there are a number of buttons to press in very strange orders sometimes, so there is always that!

There is certainly a cadence with the current bonuses where you have to be extra-careful with your energy when you are on the lower end and waiting for Clearcasting vs. at high energy and needing to spam down quickly as to not waste future procs.
Image

Arnathis
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Concerned about per ilvl rankings

Post by Arnathis » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:04 pm

Kojiyama wrote:
Arnathis wrote:Hey Koji could you maybe go through the steps you took to get to that report on WoL? Having a little trouble.
Easiest way (without manually creating a pin from scratch) is to go to buffs, press the + next Bloodtalons to create a pin based on it. Then press the gear/settings icon in the upper-left of the pin to edit it, click the checkbox (and change the drop-downs) next to "Only Match if Aura is [Present] on [Source]". Then also change the Pin Type at the bottom to 'Filter' instead of 'Decorator' then hit 'Change Pin' at the bottom to save it.

This allows the pin to be a filter on whatever view you are looking at, so it will filter any actions that were yours and only performed when the source (you) had the Bloodtalons buff present. In this case, just navigate to the 'Casts' tab and it should show you what you want to see.

You can click the blue "Type: Filter" text up by the pin at the top of the report to toggle it between a Decorator and a Filter if you want to compare with and without the conditional.
Awesome, thank you.

Post Reply