We need to post what we want feral to be on the druid forums

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Polihayse
Revered

We need to post what we want feral to be on the druid forums

Post by Polihayse » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:33 pm

We can't just sit back and relax knowing that PvP talents will be sufficient for separating PvP and PvE. This is not necessarily true. The vast majority of people who play feral play it as a PvP spec. The skill sets and play style can be oriented more towards PvP. For example, if you want a spec that has more interactions within itself and more complexity, then it is less likely that this will exist because this play style is not desirable in PvP. This play style is disliked by a good number of feral druids that play in PvE. Changes like these could and should be manageable through the talent tree, so you need to voice your opinion so that Blizzard knows what you want. The people complaining about snapshotting and demanding more shred spam have a louder voice on the forum.

imverykind

Re: We need to post what we want feral to be on the druid fo

Post by imverykind » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:06 pm

User from EU here, no one give a damn about our opinions. You are our only hope, Murican's.

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:21 pm

I've heard this said multiple times. Is it just a joke or does it have some truth value?

Bluewulf
Honored

Post by Bluewulf » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:01 pm

I'm totally on board for being more vocal with the direction we go for pve rather than being totally quiet and submissive. However I personally find I lack good ideas to help suggest improvements for us. I have no problem taking whats wrong with us now and saying what I personally think is terrible about it, but when it comes to thinking up new designs, I'm at a loss myself. But I can support and back you guys as I think if we just sit back and twiddle our paws we'll be suffering.
Bluewulf (Redwolf/Bluewulf) - Illidan US

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:09 pm

Bluewulf wrote:I'm totally on board for being more vocal with the direction we go for pve rather than being totally quiet and submissive. However I personally find I lack good ideas to help suggest improvements for us. I have no problem taking whats wrong with us now and saying what I personally think is terrible about it, but when it comes to thinking up new designs, I'm at a loss myself. But I can support and back you guys as I think if we just sit back and twiddle our paws we'll be suffering.
You can still say what you don't want it to be. Even though it might not be as useful as offering a solution, it is still useful.

Firnafth

Post by Firnafth » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:07 pm

I've been writing a massive, >10 page overview of how I feel about feral and will post it to the battle.net forums within a couple of days hopefully, after I proofread it one more time.

I'm a no-name person but I felt like doing it!

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:37 pm

Polihayse wrote:The people complaining about snapshotting and demanding more shred spam have a louder voice on the forum.
This just isn't true, during WoD Alpha/Beta SR and I think TF were going to update dynamically, and we got that changed back. We got the Rip extensions removed because of how buggy they were and how annoying it was to extend Rips on multiple targets.

We got the majority of changes to playstlye that PvE ferals asked for. Trinket snapshotting was going to be removed entirely from the game, that wasn't something blizzard was going to budge on.

Feral is still essentially the most complex of all of the DPS specs, time and time again Blizzard has made moves to curb some of the complexity and after getting feedback from PvE ferals they have decided to keep some of the complexity.

Just wait until Beta and then post feedback in the Feral druid thread that will pop up on the class feedback forum.

Minibubble
Honored

Post by Minibubble » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Polihayse wrote:I've heard this said multiple times. Is it just a joke or does it have some truth value?
Uh, thats my other account.
imverykind wrote:User from EU here, no one give a damn about our opinions. You are our only hope, Murican's.
Yes, you can talk in the forums (GER), but if there is a bluepost it just point us to the official bug and suggestion button in the game. I never noticed any change that was discussed in our forums, that found its way to the game or an offical stand from the blues. Maybe it's because the developer are in the US and speak english while the german Blizzard employees do mostly customer support.

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Kraineth wrote:
Polihayse wrote:The people complaining about snapshotting and demanding more shred spam have a louder voice on the forum.
This just isn't true, during WoD Alpha/Beta SR and I think TF were going to update dynamically, and we got that changed back. We got the Rip extensions removed because of how buggy they were and how annoying it was to extend Rips on multiple targets.

We got the majority of changes to playstlye that PvE ferals asked for. Trinket snapshotting was going to be removed entirely from the game, that wasn't something blizzard was going to budge on.

Feral is still essentially the most complex of all of the DPS specs, time and time again Blizzard has made moves to curb some of the complexity and after getting feedback from PvE ferals they have decided to keep some of the complexity.

Just wait until Beta and then post feedback in the Feral druid thread that will pop up on the class feedback forum.
Most people like the class trinket for feral. The reasons why they like it are up for interpretation. My guess is because it was a fix for a glaring problem with the spec even if it was mediocre. These people don't necessarily want the shred spam that comes with it. They want something that removes excessive downtime. My point is that you need to be vocal in order for Blizzard to understand what you want, or the people who often don't really know what they want will be the ones who are heard.

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:38 am

imo:
blizz, plz plz remove the silly 50 energy FB bite (but hey you can bite at 39 if u like)....

make it 25 or 50 engery only...

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:23 pm

Why? This gives both max damage options and still a way to refresh Rip even at low energy.

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:42 pm

I don't mind it, although it seems to have limited value as a mechanic and has always been a bit wonky with costing refunds/reductions due to way the additional cost is handled on the server. It seems better now than it used to be, but it still has issues.

On that general topic, I find our 'execute' to be pretty weak. An extra FB every Rip cycle is nothing to get super-excited about and it really doesn't seem to pack the same punch as a lot of execute mechanics.

Anyway, I like the idea of giving feedback often. I also have found that once beta is active that blues do pretty regularly survey the EU beta forums, so I don't think EU posting is quite the lost cause people think. (I was on EU servers for a long time before moving back to the US.) Blues may not post as frequently, but I don't think that means it is ignored.

Bluewulf
Honored

Post by Bluewulf » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:37 pm

I enjoy waiting for 50 energy to bite, gives just an extra little bit of depth. I agree though that our execute feels pretty weak. I don't think its changed, but I remember in the past looking forward to my execute, but now it makes no difference to me as I know execute phase will only give others the opportunity to sky rocket.
Bluewulf (Redwolf/Bluewulf) - Illidan US