Question

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Anoura

Question

Post by Anoura » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:08 pm

Hello,

I've been having a particular problem for awhile and although I have tried to figure it out I am not able to. When I put up rip and it is ticking down, I try to FB when the tick is 10 sec remaining. Once I FB with <10 second remaining I have trouble casting enough shreds in time to put up another 5 pt rip. I have trouble putting another rip up before it it reaches 0, So there are times I refresh my rip earlier before the pandemic time, instead of fb. I know I shouldn't refresh until then but I don't want my rip to fall fully off. What can I do?

I also should mention I have terrible internet and I don't know if this affects it. My ping is usually in the 50s.

If anyone could help me that would be great.

Sibylle
Revered

Re: Question

Post by Sibylle » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:46 am

It's practically impossible to always play the optimum way so yes, I do sometimes refresh early. But sometimes this situation can be mitigated by energy pooling. If you have some energy left after FB, you'll almost certainly make it back up to five combo points before Rip drops. If you're low on energy, you can simply wait until you're in the pandemic range.

Of course, the current 4piece bonus often punishes energy pooling by giving you multiple Omen procs which lead to energy capping... grrr.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:28 pm

Ring becomes such a large damage boost that you basically want to make your decisions off of fitting as much damage in that window as you can even if it means rip will fall off for a few seconds.

In other situations, it depends. Sometimes it is better to refresh early because you won't be able to refresh later. Sometimes you should pool energy for a priority target even if it means capping in order to quickly take down the priority target. When the situation you are talking about comes up, I sometimes push my luck with pooling since rip will only refund you 30 energy and this is a slight dps gain as long as you don't get clearcasting immediately after. Although, I don't know the point at which it is better to use that clearcasting that you would get for rip for a shred or thrash instead.

Eazi

Post by Eazi » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:36 pm

Hey there,

It shouldn't have anything to do with your internet if you're sitting at 50 ms. (Not having any problems myself and i'm usually around 80-90 ms)

That beside, I would go with what the 2 above me already mentioned and try to pool your energy. I don't think I have ever run into the problem of not being able to get my Rip back up when I bite at 10 seconds left, except maybe in the beginning of the expansion or if I don't get a single crit and have to go through 5 shreds to get back to 5 cps.

Anoura

Post by Anoura » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:21 pm

Hello again,

Thank you for your responses and help. I was wondering tho for the ring, what should I do exactly to get max dmg out of it?

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:13 pm

Just make sure you know when it is going to be used. You don't want to have to use 5CPs on rip during the buff. Fit in as much damage as you can by pre-casting Incarnation before the use.

If you know how long as fight is going to be, save CDs for a ring use if it isn't going to mean you will lose a set of CDs. (Barring of course fight requirements like Iskar/Socrethar where you want to not be using CDs on the pull to use them for more important sections of the fight.)