Blizzcon 2015 Discussion

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

cansr

Re: Blizzcon 2015 Discussion

Post by cansr » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:33 am

Kojiyama wrote:(I would also argue that given Feral's relative peak is actually not at max ilevel right now, if we had the hotfix tuning at the launch of HFC that we would have been even better positioned than we were now. Ferals have some pretty significant advantages in the ~725-728 ilevel range that many of the early pre-hotfix Archimonde kills were at. This is also considering that Ferals scale less from the ring than other classes and therefore lower ring ilevels would have been relatively beneficial as well--it was really the gap created by the ring that provided the impetus for Blizzard to do the hotfixes in the first place, after all.)
I think this is understated. I think that overall, had we of gotten these buffs at HFC launch, we would of been extremely competitive the first week-3 weeks of mythic. sure no ones done the math on it, but wouldn't it of kept us up near the top three of single target sustain?

on a separate note:
I think its purely a shame that we lost one of our last major points, witch is ST burst. in the form of BRF's 4set bonus, and the loss of many major events that lined up with three minute cds. kromog pillars, boats on maidens, even balcony on blackhand (sure the last example we may have been relatively poor at). I don't find myself necessary feeling useful like I did in even BRF, with my cd usage, because of being funneled into using class trinket, due to loot, and the loss of 30% damage during berserk due to new tier sets.

and now, I'm interested that they did release the class discussion, and nothing seemed to be addressed. could it be that they designed these reveals to be more focused on casual players who want to read overviews of specs they may not have played? maybe they wanted to avoid talking about these classic WoD feral issues, as to not deter new players from the spec.
would love for a feral buddy to come join me at Skunkworks! we are a two night guild
positions available currently: mascot

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:36 am

Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that feral performs much better when the raid's rings and all their gear is much lower item level and the fights are longer. It was true pre-buff and it's still true post-buff, just most people have stagnated a bit towards the "really geared" end so it stops being so apparent.
ImageImage

cansr

Post by cansr » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:40 am

am I missing any info that they've released lately? I feel out of the loop as I stopped raiding three/four weeks ago. All I've seen is that they're content with X and Y. and not much change wise, except the talent system as a whole.
would love for a feral buddy to come join me at Skunkworks! we are a two night guild
positions available currently: mascot

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:18 am

Most of the info is in this thread:
http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5610
ImageImage