Datamined Legion Talents

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Nich
Honored

Re: Datamined Legion Talents

Post by Nich » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:59 am

SoTF looks like an easy pairing to take with JW? Basically no energy cost for rip, giving more energy to regen CP?

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:02 pm

Compared to Incarnation (which just got a HUGE buff) and SR, SotF is not looking like the best option compared to the other two. With Incarnation getting the huge boost back on Rake, JW seems a much better option to go with it.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:04 pm

Dwade wrote:I know that feral is still not yet active on the alpha realms, but I have been curious about the balance affinity. The passive that comes along with this choice says it increases the range of all abilities by 5 yards. Wondering if anyone who has tried out guardian on the test realms can confirm if that affects melee abilities as well?
Currently it only affects the range of spells, so autoattack is still a 5 yard range. It also only modifies ranges, not radii, so there's some weird interactions (like you can Mangle from 10 yards away but if you Thrash it won't hit the target). So it works quite as written right now, but I suspect they'll get those things sorted out eventually.
ImageImage

teddabear
Revered

Post by teddabear » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:51 am

I think Clarity would have to add 70+ to the energy cap to allow you to still play properly. It would still be the worst talent.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:50 am

Some new artifact talents:

Artifact Traits (16)
•NEW Ashamane's Bite When you Ferocious Bite a target, the spirit of Ashamane has a chance to copy a shadowy version of Rake and Rip to your target.

•NEW Ashamane's Energy Tiger's Fury generates an additional 5 energy every 1 sec for 3 sec.
Rank 2: Tiger's Fury generates an additional 10 energy every 1 sec for 3 sec.
Rank 3: Tiger's Fury generates an additional 15 energy every 1 sec for 3 sec.
Rank 4: Tiger's Fury generates an additional 20 energy every 1 sec for 3 sec.
Rank 5: Tiger's Fury generates an additional 25 energy every 1 sec for 3 sec.
Rank 6: Tiger's Fury generates an additional 30 energy every 1 sec for 3 sec.
•NEW Ashamane's Frenzy Unleash Ashamane's Frenzy on your target, causing your claws to swipe the target 15 times over 3 sec, causing [(20% of Attack power) * 15] damage plus an additional [(40% of Attack power) * 3 * 15] Bleed damage over 6 sec.
Awards 3 combo points.

•NEW Attuned to Nature Increase the healing from Healing Touch by 15%.
Rank 2: Increase the healing from Healing Touch by 30%.
Rank 3: Increase the healing from Healing Touch by 45%.
Rank 4: Increase the healing from Healing Touch by 60%.
Rank 5: Increase the healing from Healing Touch by 75%.
Rank 6: Increase the healing from Healing Touch by 90%.
•NEW Feral Instinct Berserk also increases all damage dealt by 5%.
Rank 2: Berserk also increases all damage dealt by 10%.
Rank 3: Berserk also increases all damage dealt by 15%.
Rank 4: Berserk also increases all damage dealt by 20%.
Rank 5: Berserk also increases all damage dealt by 25%.
Rank 6: Berserk also increases all damage dealt by 30%.
•NEW Feral Power Increase the damage of Shred by 5%.
Rank 2: Increase the damage of Shred by 10%.
Rank 3: Increase the damage of Shred by 15%.
Rank 4: Increase the damage of Shred by 20%.
Rank 5: Increase the damage of Shred by 25%.
Rank 6: Increase the damage of Shred by 30%.
•NEW Hardened Roots Your bleed damage will no longer cause Entangling Roots to break.

•NEW Honed Instincts Increase the duration of Survival Instinct by 1.0 sec.
Rank 2: Increase the duration of Survival Instinct by 2.0 sec.
Rank 3: Increase the duration of Survival Instinct by 3.0 sec.
Rank 4: Increase the duration of Survival Instinct by 4.0 sec.
Rank 5: Increase the duration of Survival Instinct by 5.0 sec.
Rank 6: Increase the duration of Survival Instinct by 6.0 sec.
•NEW Open Wounds When you Rip a target, the Fangs of Ashamane tear the wound open, causing the target to take an extra 100% damage from your bleed effects for 5 sec.

•NEW Powerful Bite Increase the critical strike damage of Ferocious Bite by 5%.
Rank 2: Increase the critical strike damage of Ferocious Bite by 10%.
Rank 3: Increase the critical strike damage of Ferocious Bite by 15%.
Rank 4: Increase the critical strike damage of Ferocious Bite by 20%.
Rank 5: Increase the critical strike damage of Ferocious Bite by 25%.
Rank 6: Increase the critical strike damage of Ferocious Bite by 30%.
•NEW Protection of Ashamane When you leave Cat Form, you have 100% increased dodge chance and armor for 5 sec.
Shapeshifting into Cat Form will cancel this effect.

•NEW Razor Fangs Increase the damage of Rip by 5%.
Rank 2: Increase the damage of Rip by 10%.
Rank 3: Increase the damage of Rip by 15%.
Rank 4: Increase the damage of Rip by 20%.
Rank 5: Increase the damage of Rip by 25%.
Rank 6: Increase the damage of Rip by 30%.
•NEW Scent of Blood Each target hit by your Thrash reduces the energy cost of Swipe by 2 for the next 4 sec.

•NEW Shadow Thrash Thrash has a chance to release part of Ashamane's soul, causing all enemies within 8 yards to take (150% of Attack power) Shadow damage every 0.8 sec for 3 sec.

•NEW Sharpened Claws Increases the damage of Swipe by 5%.
Rank 2: Increases the damage of Swipe by 10%.
Rank 3: Increases the damage of Swipe by 15%.
Rank 4: Increases the damage of Swipe by 20%.
Rank 5: Increases the damage of Swipe by 25%.
Rank 6: Increases the damage of Swipe by 30%.
•NEW Tear the Flesh Increases the damage of Rake by 5%.
Rank 2: Increases the damage of Rake by 10%.
Rank 3: Increases the damage of Rake by 15%.
Rank 4: Increases the damage of Rake by 20%.
Rank 5: Increases the damage of Rake by 25%.
Rank 6: Increases the damage of Rake by 30%.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:51 am

The damage boosting talents are just to restore the damage we lost when SR became not baseline so don't get to excited about them. The other ones look interesting.

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:38 am

I wouldn't say they are to restore damage lost from having SR removed so much as being placeholder talents until they can work on minor talents that are more specific. A 5% increase to damage from an ability for each point spent is a bit much. Some specs get 5% increases on some talents, but not on every single one. And nobody as far as I know has minor talents that are only % damage modifiers.

Would expect at least some of the minor talents to change so everything isn't so boring.

If Ashamane's Frenzy and Open Wounds synergize, that seems rather insane.

Certainly not a fan of Protection of Ashamane, seems rather useless in most scenarios unless it works in moonkin form, and the balance affinity does decent damage. And when it is useful, it seems a bit too strong.

Twitchys
Honored

Post by Twitchys » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:17 am

I was thinking the exact opposite regarding Protection of Ashamane. It could be a really useful utility. Might even make us able to swap to bear and take dodge-able tank mechanics. That said, you're right that if it IS useful, it'll probably be OP. Might even allow dropping a tank if a fight allows it.

kravotir

Post by kravotir » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Not sure if these were all posted yet or not but here are the current feral related legendaries.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=137093/p ... hp-targets
http://legion.wowhead.com/item=137024/p ... -over-time
http://legion.wowhead.com/item=137040/p ... mum-energy
http://legion.wowhead.com/item=137094/p ... and-damage
http://legion.wowhead.com/item=137015/p ... -increased
http://legion.wowhead.com/item=137025/p ... ges-faster
http://legion.wowhead.com/item=137056/p ... rimal-fury
http://legion.wowhead.com/item=137098/p ... hp-targets

Also the actual Artifact weapon default effect!
Shredded Wounds

Code: Select all

Shredded Wounds: When you use Shred against a target with your Rip bleed, the Fangs of Ashamane sometimes tear deep into the wound, causing 300% of a tick of Rip's damage to instantly happen.
Also T19 2pc and 4pc

Item - Druid T19 Feral 2P Bonus (New) Thrash now generates a combo point if it hits at least 1 target.
Item - Druid T19 Feral 4P Bonus (New) Shred and Swipe deal 8% more damage per your Bleed effect on the target.
Last edited by kravotir on Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Yriss
Honored

Post by Yriss » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:09 pm

Twitchys wrote:I was thinking the exact opposite regarding Protection of Ashamane. It could be a really useful utility. Might even make us able to swap to bear and take dodge-able tank mechanics. That said, you're right that if it IS useful, it'll probably be OP. Might even allow dropping a tank if a fight allows it.
I thought the same ... This artefact talent + guardian affinity to be able to taunt... But i'm still wondering ... Why this 100% armor increase ? You shouldn't take melee hit with this 100% dodge increase so ... it seems a bit useless

NEW Hardened Roots Your bleed damage will no longer cause Entangling Roots to break.
Nice. it'll be so usefull on pve bosses ...

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:12 pm

Yriss wrote:You shouldn't take melee hit with this 100% dodge increase so ... it seems a bit useless
There are undodgable boss abilities and the rare physical AOE effect.

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Yriss wrote:
Twitchys wrote: NEW Hardened Roots Your bleed damage will no longer cause Entangling Roots to break.
Nice. it'll be so usefull on pve bosses ...
Every artifact has the odd utility talent.

The best thing about ours is that it is 100% skippable, mmo champ has the layout of our talent tree:

http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calculat ... AAAAAAAAAA

After getting some sleep I have managed to realize that 2/3 of our major talents are random procs, I'd like to see that changed unless the proc chance is high, because both of those talents do quite a lot of damage that I would like to be able to count on when needed.

On the topic of the T19 bonuses, I would rather see them refocused, or our artifact baseline effect changed. We have too much stuff promoting a single target focus while also having various stuff to prop up AoE.

And on a nerdy Lore note, I think the Shadow Thrash and Ashamane's bite abilities need to deal Nature or Arcane damage. Dealing shadow damage just sounds weird.

AsgardFM
Honored

Post by AsgardFM » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:45 pm

kravotir wrote:Not sure if these were all posted yet or not but here are the current feral related legendaries.

PH - Bleeds Last Forever Against Low HP Targets
PH - Tiger's Fury Restores Energy Over Time
PH - Druid Increase Maximum Energy
PH - Increase Thrash Radius and Damage
Missed one in there, Equip: Increase the effect of Balance Affinity, Feral Affinity, Guardian Affinity, and Restoration Affinity by 100%.
A flat 20% damage reduction with Guardian Affinity seems like our survivability might get a bit silly. Wouldn't be surprised to see PoA gain an internal cooldown to control the cheese-compositions that could arise..
My guess for the armour section ontop of dodge is for hard-casting, if memory serves you're unable to dodge during a cast unless specifically stated.

As for Hardened Roots it feels like it should be a PvP Talent but might see some use against elites out in the world. Or something to take when everything else is filled out due to its position.

Ashamane's Bite (When you Ferocious Bite a target, the spirit of Ashamane has a chance to copy a shadowy version of Rake and Rip to your target.) has me a little confused. Only activates if we use it on a secondary target or could "Shadowy Rip" and "Shadowy Rake" be separate DoTs? One seems broken while the other seems useless while it remains a 'chance'.

claircy

Post by claircy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:00 pm

Ashamane's Bite seems like it will be good for more single target damage on bosses, altho it could also lead to a dps loss by using ferocious bite on an add that doesn't have Rip on if that ferocious bite would proc Ashamane's Bite, and that'd hurt our overall dps from target switching to low hp adds, but I feel like it wont matter that much still, could just look at it as an extra damage thing. Personally I'd rather have this on a 1 min cd or something but so I can use it on my free will such as the talent on the Feral PvP one, but maybe that'd be a bit too op for just an artifact trait. And I wonder if when Rip gets copied to a target if it will count as us applying the Rip and therefore proccing Open Wounds.

Agreed with Kraineth though about the rng we're getting with these artifact traits, I would much rather have something to count on than the extra chance for something perhaps strong to happen.

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Ashamane's Bite sounds more like just two extra shadow dots that can be applied from bite, completely separate from our actual bleeds.

Still unclear as to whether those dots would be affected by mastery since it explicitly states that it applies a "copy" whether that means they will do full damage and/or be affected by things like Jagged Wounds is something i'm definitely interested in.

My gut feeling would tell me that that:

-the shadow copies would do full bleed damage, meaning it scales with mastery and anything else that scales rake/rip base damage, but not Jagged Wounds

-Incarnation would not make the shadow rake do double damage

-the shadow Rip would not Proc Open wounds

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:40 pm

Twitchys wrote:I was thinking the exact opposite regarding Protection of Ashamane. It could be a really useful utility. Might even make us able to swap to bear and take dodge-able tank mechanics. That said, you're right that if it IS useful, it'll probably be OP. Might even allow dropping a tank if a fight allows it.
Yep, way too good. Its essentially die by the sword on demand (or deterrence, but we have taunt). Cheese potential is extremely high.
Kraineth wrote:If Ashamane's Frenzy and Open Wounds synergize, that seems rather insane.
They don't currently. Only Rip, Thrash, and Rake.

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=210670/open-wounds
AsgardFM wrote:Ashamane's Bite (When you Ferocious Bite a target, the spirit of Ashamane has a chance to copy a shadowy version of Rake and Rip to your target.) has me a little confused. Only activates if we use it on a secondary target or could "Shadowy Rip" and "Shadowy Rake" be separate DoTs? One seems broken while the other seems useless while it remains a 'chance'.
Seperate DoTs for sure if you poke around in the spell data. If you read it super literally you could maybe copy the shadow dots to a different target, but more reasonable it probably just always copies to the target you bit.
claircy wrote:Ashamane's Bite seems like it will be good for more single target damage on bosses, altho it could also lead to a dps loss by using ferocious bite on an add that doesn't have Rip on if that ferocious bite would proc Ashamane's Bite, and that'd hurt our overall dps from target switching to low hp adds, but I feel like it wont matter that much still, could just look at it as an extra damage thing.
Yeah, it seems like having this be an RPPM proc is pretty strange. You're not even going to bite every 10s necessarily so you won't get the full RPPM anyway.
claircy wrote:Agreed with Kraineth though about the rng we're getting with these artifact traits, I would much rather have something to count on than the extra chance for something perhaps strong to happen.
Yeah, its almost like in order for these traits to be satisfying and not frustrating the RPPM would need to be insanely high. So high, probably, that it might as well just be guaranteed.
Kraineth wrote:Still unclear as to whether those dots would be affected by mastery since it explicitly states that it applies a "copy" whether that means they will do full damage and/or be affected by things like Jagged Wounds is something i'm definitely interested in.
The DoTs don't have any ap coefficients currently so that leads me to believe it copies the damage state from the bleed it copied (meaning it would benefit from mastery). Jagged Wounds doesn't explicitly affect it yet but it would be really strange for it not too.

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=210705/ashamanes-rip
http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=210713/ashamanes-rake

Interestingly, they seem to deal physical/bleed damage, not shadow damage.
Kraineth wrote:-the shadow copies would do full bleed damage, meaning it scales with mastery and anything else that scales rake/rip base damage, but not Jagged Wounds
How so? I don't see how its in anyway harmful for it to benefit from JW. JW doesn't increase the damage of the bleed, just quickens it, so practically you don't actually gain any damage. If it wasn't affected by JW then you either have: a) the Ashamane's Rip does less damage because it matches the duration of the Rip but has a slower tick time or b) it does the same damage but lasts 50% longer than the remaining duration on Rip, which would be just weird.
Kraineth wrote:-Incarnation would not make the shadow rake do double damage
I think it will.
Kraineth wrote:-the shadow Rip would not Proc Open wounds
Yeah, guessing the same, although it would actually be pretty cool if it did so I could see that side of it too.
ImageImage

AsgardFM
Honored

Post by AsgardFM » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:47 pm

Hmm, apparently there were many Legendaries missed there :p

I've also just found that Balance Affinity is affecting AutoAttacks now (or rather, Feral Affinity while in Balance Spec) to bring us to a 10 yard AA range. A few oddities still in place: Shred has 10 yards, Rip and Bite are at 15 and Swipe is 13.
Could be very interesting with the Legendary effect doubling that range.

aggixx wrote: Seperate DoTs for sure if you poke around in the spell data. If you read it super literally you could maybe copy the shadow dots to a different target, but more reasonable it probably just always copies to the target you bit.
If you read the word 'copy' like that then it might even mean that a regular Rip/Rake don't need to be active for a shadow version to apply. Just applys two additional DoTs on FB ~1/minute. And I notice wowhead reports it scales with Haste, guess it will gain in value (very very) slightly.

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:59 pm

The Shadow Rip/Rake are entirely different spells. I'm not saying it would be harmful for the spells to be affected by Jagged Wounds, but I'm not expecting them to unless Blizzard is okay with us having a silly amount of synergy. You could use the same logic to argue that the Rake/Rip copies should be affected by Open Wounds, but apparently it doesn't.

Unless I'm missing something about the shadow copied Rake and Rip, since Jagged Wounds and Open Wound specifically only affect Thrash/Rake/Rip in their spell data they wouldn't be affected unless Blizzard changes it.

I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not sold on blizzard being okay with having one of our major artifact talents promote taking both Jagged Wounds and Incarnation. Which already have a decent amount of synergy.

I definitely don't think that the "copied" spells will actually copy the state of bleeds we currently have. For example, have a Rip/Rake on a target buffed by TF, then we cast FB without the TF buff and get a proc. I do not think that the shadow bleeds would be buffed by TF unless the bite was cast while we still had the TF buff going.

The "copy" seems to me more like a poor choice of words unless they are okay with a Ferocious Bite on an add without Rip on it to not apply an extra Rip to the target, which would honestly be a poor idea

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:11 pm

kravotir wrote:Item - Druid T19 Feral 2P Bonus (New) Thrash now generates a combo point if it hits at least 1 target.
Item - Druid T19 Feral 4P Bonus (New) Shred and Swipe deal 8% more damage per your Bleed effect on the target.
So I'm guessing this combination means that in tier 19, we're supposed to maintain Thrash even in ST situations? Interesting. Increases the value of Jagged Wounds, right? Keeping up all three shorter-duration bleeds would probably then make SR even more impractical, pushing our level 75 talent choice towards Incarnation (which Feral Instinct should do too, assuming it correctly applies to Berserk-replacing Incarnation).
Also, I think this makes Moment of Clarity viable? Although having more and more frequently applied bleeds should increase the value of BT in that fewer if any BT charges would get "wasted" on a Shred.

On an unrelated note, I was doing some back-of-the-envelope calculations about the survivability gains from the Guardian and Resto passives, and it seems like the Guardian one is better if you're taking lethal damage on average every 17 seconds, otherwise the Resto one is better. And you shouldn't be taking that much damage, plus Ysera's Gift heals allies, so active affinity abilities aside, the Resto affinity wins, I think. Doubling the respective effects with Equip: Increase the effect of Balance Affinity, Feral Affinity, Guardian Affinity, and Restoration Affinity by 100%. should shift the balance slightly towards Guardian's Thick Hide due to the superlinear returns from linearly increasing percentage-based damage reduction, but not enough to change the result.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:18 pm

Kraineth wrote:The Shadow Rip/Rake are entirely different spells. I'm not saying it would be harmful for the spells to be affected by Jagged Wounds, but I'm not expecting them to unless Blizzard is okay with us having a silly amount of synergy. You could use the same logic to argue that the Rake/Rip copies should be affected by Open Wounds, but apparently it doesn't.

I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not sold on blizzard being okay with having one of our major artifact talents promote taking both Jagged Wounds and Incarnation. Which already have a decent amount of synergy.
It doesn't have that much synergy with the current proc rate. Your ability to get a back to back proc quick enough that actually clips the shadow bleeds (assuming it follows normal pandemic rules) is very limited.

Keep in mind that you bite less with Jagged Wounds than you do the other talents. If JW doesn't affect shadow bleeds that actually makes JW worse.
Kraineth wrote:Unless I'm missing something about the shadow copied Rake and Rip, since Jagged Wounds and Open Wound specifically only affect Thrash/Rake/Rip in their spell data they wouldn't be affected unless Blizzard changes it.
There is a slew of things that should be affected by something else but aren't yet. Mastery doesn't affect any of the artifact stuff (Frenzy!), Open Wounds doesn't affect anything but our core 3 bleeds, etc etc. These things will change, and I doubt they're very difficult to change either.
Kraineth wrote:I definitely don't think that the "copied" spells will actually copy the state of bleeds we currently have. For example, have a Rip/Rake on a target buffed by TF, then we cast FB without the TF buff and get a proc. I do not think that the shadow bleeds would be buffed by TF unless the bite was cast while we still had the TF buff going.

The "copy" seems to me more like a poor choice of words unless they are okay with a Ferocious Bite on an add without Rip on it to not apply an extra Rip to the target, which would honestly be a poor idea
To me the use of "copy" seems very deliberate and like it knows exactly what its trying to convey. We'll see.
Istaro wrote:
kravotir wrote:Item - Druid T19 Feral 2P Bonus (New) Thrash now generates a combo point if it hits at least 1 target.
So I'm guessing this combination means that in tier 19, we're supposed to maintain Thrash even in ST situations? Interesting. Increases the value of Jagged Wounds, right? Keeping up all three shorter-duration bleeds would probably then make SR even more impractical, pushing our level 75 talent choice towards Incarnation (which Feral Instinct should do too, assuming it correctly applies to Berserk-replacing Incarnation).
Yeah, not that Jagged Wounds needed the help. That row is going to get heavily retuned as things stand now.

SR is still the highest DPS in SimC even with terrible gear. The row is not imbalanced, though.

Feral Instinct doesn't modify Berserk, its a buff triggered by Berserk that lasts for 15s.
http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=210649/feral-instinct
It is very possible (and likely, based on past experience) that it will still only last 15s with Incarnation.
ImageImage

Etapicx
Honored

Post by Etapicx » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:37 pm

Are u supposed to be able to get all of the artifact traits or just a few of them? I haven't been following much but there seems to be a lot going on which is nice

AsgardFM
Honored

Post by AsgardFM » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:39 pm

It's currently intended that you'll be able to unlock them all. The last estimated timescale was 2-3 months to get every trait but that may have been revised since Blizzcon.
The main decision will be which traits you pick up first.

Etapicx
Honored

Post by Etapicx » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:11 pm

Yeah i thought so, some of them vere really boring like straight out dmg % on shred and spells like that, I understand that leveling and progressing your weps should be revarding but these % buffs should just be added baseline if we'll end up getting all of them anyhow... seems pointless imo but in general the traits and talents are looking really good. I love the idea of pvp talents as well!

Nayni
Revered

Post by Nayni » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:31 pm

I'm personally very interested in seeing the first pass of Feral druid on Alpha.

From all the things I've been able to read I really like the impression I am getting in making Feral a more versatile class that could hopefully comply to the current raiding standards.

Looking forward to the first pass, I love the things they did with Monk so far, hopefully Feral is even better because I would love to main it again on Legion :)
Naeyni | Kazzak EU