Datamined Legion Talents

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Istaro
Honored

Re: Datamined Legion Talents

Post by Istaro » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:27 pm

Kittyhype wrote:the range from the moonkinaffinity looks really awesome for ferals because now u have 10m range with all ur skills
Wasn't there a bug (hopefully a bug) where it didn't work with autoattacks, rendering it kinda pointless? Was that fixed?

Rayen
Honored

Post by Rayen » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:17 pm

Istaro wrote:
Kittyhype wrote:the range from the moonkinaffinity looks really awesome for ferals because now u have 10m range with all ur skills
Wasn't there a bug (hopefully a bug) where it didn't work with autoattacks, rendering it kinda pointless? Was that fixed?
Was fixed a few builds ago.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:31 pm

Rayen wrote:Was fixed a few builds ago.
Yay! Thanks.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:56 pm

Ok, all our damage has been redistributed: (hotfixed I believe?)
Rip damage increased by 14%.
Rake damage increased by 14%.
Shred damage reduced by 35%.
Ferocious Bite damage reduced by 35%.
Moonfire ( Lunar Inspiration) damage increased by 25%.
Brutal Slash damage reduced by 25%.
Thrash (Cat) damage reduced by 33%.
Shadow Thrash damage reduced by 66%.
Jagged Wounds now causes affected Bleeds to tick and expire 33% faster (was 40%).
Ferals now gain 50% bonus Haste from gear.
Omen of Clarity (Feral) proc rate increased by 50% (from 3.5ppm to 5.25ppm)
Savage Roar now costs 40 Energy (was 25).
Soul of the Forest now restores 12 Energy per Combo Point (was 8).
Shred now deals 50% increased damage while stealthed (was 20%).
Powerful Bite now increases Ferocious Bite critical strike damgae by 7/14/21% (was 5/10/15%).
Razor Fangs now increases Rip damage by 7/14/21% (was 5/10/15%).
Sharpened Claws now increases Swipe damage by 7/14/21% (was 5/10/15%).
Tear the Flesh now increases Rake damage by 7/14/21% (was 5/10/15%).
Shredder Fangs now increases Shred damage by 15% (was 10%).
Bloodtalons now increases damage by 50% (was 40%).
DoTs reemphasized with buffs to Rip, Rake and Moonfire and nerfs to Shred, Ferocious Bite and Brutal Slash.
Thrash nerfed to the ground (not totally unexpected, but makes Brutal Slash only good for burst DPS again).
While DD was nerfed, we will be getting more of it with the 50% increased OOC proc rate and 50% bonus haste from gear.

Talent tiers:
T15 Lunar Inspiration buffed (needed, might actually beat blood scent single target now)
T75 SotF and Incarnation buffed, Savage Roar minorly nerfed
T90 Sabertooth (probably) nerfed, Jagged Wounds nerfed, Elune's Guidance nerfed (not directly, but lower damage Ferocious Bites really lowers its value in a lot of situations)
T100 Brutal Slash nerfed, BT buffed, MoC buffed (because OOC procs more)

Overall damage? Honestly I think they meant it to be damage neutral single target but it feels like a nerf. AoE was nerfed hard.

shyrudah

Post by shyrudah » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:18 am

What is blizzard doing, the AoE damage was fine, they want us to be AoEless like in wod zz
and maybe trying to force us to go for incarnation ?

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:05 am

At 5.25 ppm for OOC, how is that going to interplay with MoC (and us now getting extra benefit from haste, rather than mastery)?

That seems like a large portion of the rotation might not cost any energy?

shyrudah

Post by shyrudah » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:39 am

Nich wrote:At 5.25 ppm for OOC, how is that going to interplay with MoC (and us now getting extra benefit from haste, rather than mastery)?

im playing beta, and razor claws still here, just a buff

Ancihcaor

Post by Ancihcaor » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:11 am

There is so many simple things they could've try... on top of my mind is haste scaling without a complete 180 of spec identity and mechanics (can't math atm so just ignore how imbalanced those numbers look, it just to give an idea of the mechanics I was thinking):

Talents:

Blood Scent:
It doesn't look interesting at first glance and seems it's not gonna scale very well. How about this: New name Blood Fury "You may have a maximum of 6 combo points and your melee abilities in Cat Form have a 10% increased critical strike chance on targets with a Bleed effect". It saves a cp when you crit at 4cp instead of wasting it, so should scales better then it's current form as you get more crit from gear. Also synergy with Elune's Guidance, Primal Fury and the legendary gloves The Wildshaper's Clutch (Critical damage from your Bleeds have a 40% chance to trigger Primal Fury).

Renewal:
I think most agree, this only should've been gone long ago. Replace with: "Dashing Roars: Increases the radius of Stampeding Roar by 200%, and reduces the cooldown of Stampeding Roar and Dash by 50%."

Soul of the Forest:
If they want to stick to the current design and give a ton of energy per cp (like12 atm I believe?), then why not simply add "Increased your maximum energy by 50?", it would help preventing capping and help with target switching a bit by giving us an option to preemptively pool more energy before a target switch. Might be too redundant with Moment of Clarity and Bersek/ Incarnation KotJ and the legendary ring Chatoyant Signet (Increased your maximum energy by 100)
Another one is to simply provided a passive haste bonus from gear baked in the talent. It would help with haste scaling and would also really give a faster/less energy starved gameplay compared to the 2 other option of that row for those who prefer that style.
A slight variation of that idea that would also increase haste value/scaling would be the give a short but strong haste buff after using a finisher, instead of a weaker but passive one, something like a 30% for 2 sec per combo point. It would work by giving a short energy regen window to get bursty, you could also bake it into Predatory Swiftness to make it available to all feral or even fix the duration to 8sec and bake it into Tiger's Fury (again somewhat helpful for short duration burst opportunities like target switching considering Ashamane's Energy, especially combined with Predator for AoE or LI for cleave/Council-type fights).

Another simple tweak to increase haste value/scaling: why not a reduce cooldown effect on some key damage abilities (similar to Sanctity of Battle/Flurry), like for Tiger's Fury and Berserk+IncarnationKotJ, even Bloody Slash recharge? maybe also utility abilities like Dash and Stampeding Roar? what do you guys think? I would've like posting this wall of text in the legion feral druid official forum thread but I don't have access to it so feel free to post if you like.
Last edited by Ancihcaor on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ehrenfailed
Honored

Post by Ehrenfailed » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:02 pm

This is just sad. Now, a few days before prepatch, they decide to change stuff this drastical...to me it seems they are just overburdened with legion and
have no idea how to "fix" feral and make it a more enjoyable and rewardable spec to play.
A lot will change until legion hopefully...but my hope is almost lost tbh. :/

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:49 pm

rofl, I wish Blizzard would just make up their damned minds.