Soul Capacitor

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Sathram

Soul Capacitor

Post by Sathram » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:32 pm

So I was fighting Mythic Gorefiend. Trinkets were Seed + Cap. 2 seconds before pull, I swapped cap and seed. Popped incarnation and pot. Opened with rake, shred, rip. Popped TF and Berserk. shred a few more times and was ready to FB. Held off for a second(had some good procs). Soul cap never procced. Continued rotation/fight. The fight lasted between 2 and 3 minutes. Zero soul cap procs. Anyone else seeing this issue? It only happens to me on Gorefiend. Occasionally, instead of giving me zero procs, it just gives me a REALLY delayed(like...45 seconds delayed). It's become such an issue that i've simply switched to a Heroic Censor for the fight as cap is too unreliable.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Re: Soul Capacitor

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:50 pm

Trinkets get a 30 second cooldown when you equip them (or swap their slot), so swapping before pull guarantees it won't proc for 30 seconds.

Sathram

Post by Sathram » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:55 pm

The internal cooldown of soul capacitor will only prevent it from proccing for about 5-6 seconds. One of Aggixx's posts lays out the opening sequence for feral and talks about the item swapping...I can't find it at the moment though.

Edit: I do this on nearly every pull and it works every time. I get up to my first FB right as soul cap is starting it's first proc. This also allows for the ring explosion to be absorbed by soul cap, as long as the ring is popped within a second of pull.

Edit 2: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... wap#p32732

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:17 pm

Sathram wrote:The internal cooldown of soul capacitor will only prevent it from proccing for about 5-6 seconds. One of Aggixx's posts lays out the opening sequence for feral and talks about the item swapping...I can't find it at the moment though.

Edit: I do this on nearly every pull and it works every time. I get up to my first FB right as soul cap is starting it's first proc. This also allows for the ring explosion to be absorbed by soul cap, as long as the ring is popped within a second of pull.

Edit 2: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... wap#p32732
Guess my info is out of date, used to be 30 seconds no matter the trinket (though that was before RPPM trinkets). It's probably not applying the RPPM bonus proc rate on boss pull (RPPM always get I think its 60 seconds from last proc time on pulls to prevent people from always wanting to wait long periods of time to pull to guarantee procs). As to why? Maybe you're doing it too close to pull causing it to bugg out occasionally? Could just be a bug on Blizzard's end too.

Batlecruiser
Honored

Post by Batlecruiser » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:25 am

It happened to me once at Kromrok. I swapped soul cap manually in the last milliseconds before pull and got the first procc after 2 minutes, Kromrok was nearly dead by that time. ^^

@Sathram
Normally, you want to explode soul cap during last second of your ring and not ring during soul cap's procc.

Xanzara

Post by Xanzara » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:06 am

Use trinkets get a 30 second cooldown when equipped,
ICD trinkets get their full ICD when equpped.
RPPM trinkets in general have their duration as ICD (and sometimes with a small margin, soul cap for example has +1sec to prevent it from proccing from itself).

If the RPPM trinket in question does not have a ICD (Doom Nova for example) it does not get any cooldown when equipped.

bacevicius
Honored

Post by bacevicius » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:09 pm

The soul cap when doing the pre unequip/re equip trick will stop it from proccing at start it can and usually will proc 7 to 10 seconds in to raid intead of first hit.. however it can sometimes go 1 . 5 minutes without a proc / unusual though. However if your doing mythic gorefiend I think you were talking about in the post. soul cap is the worst one to use due to the aoe explosions on the kill groups people / censer seed is good for that fight / or if your lucky to have a mythic wf socketed spring coil to go with your seed of creation

Batlecruiser
Honored

Post by Batlecruiser » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:58 pm

bacevicius wrote:The soul cap when doing the pre unequip/re equip trick will stop it from proccing at start it can and usually will proc 7 to 10 seconds in to raid intead of first hit.. however it can sometimes go 1 . 5 minutes without a proc / unusual though. However if your doing mythic gorefiend I think you were talking about in the post. soul cap is the worst one to use due to the aoe explosions on the kill groups people / censer seed is good for that fight / or if your lucky to have a mythic wf socketed spring coil to go with your seed of creation
Just go very left or right to the edge.
Last edited by Batlecruiser on Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dashuria

Post by Dashuria » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:51 pm

As Batlecruiser said, go to the edge. But if u're just scared that u won't be able to menage ur soul cap explosion well - then go with Censer or any other trinket. It will suck as hell if u kill people with it. But still 5mln procs are worth trying ur best woth soul cap lol. But my soul cap hates me and never procs on feasts, im unlucky xD

Sathram

Post by Sathram » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:31 pm

Thanks for the replies, guys. I think i'll just go with censor/SoC to prevent the potential issues with soul cap. I reviewed the nights logs and it incorrectly proc'd about 30% of the time(3 of 10 attempts that I used soul cap for).

Eazi

Post by Eazi » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:49 am

I've had this happen multiple times on Gorefiend as well. Not sure if it's something about the boss or not? It 99% of the time works on all other bosses but Gorefiend has a high chance I won't get a proc for a good minute or so.

Nephera

Post by Nephera » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:05 am

I had it happen only once on Velhari, so it's not really a boss thing. It procced on the 14th second of the fight.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:34 pm

Its something with Gorefiend for sure, I've never seen it happen on a different boss but it happens on him every week. Make sure you don't swap trinket prepull for him and have that Soul Cap equipped without proccing for as long as possible to assure a proc.
Nephera wrote:I had it happen only once on Velhari, so it's not really a boss thing. It procced on the 14th second of the fight.
Might be a different bug, or the same one and far less common.
ImageImage