Mythic Archimonde - halp

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Cantor (Shredable)
Honored

Mythic Archimonde - halp

Post by Cantor (Shredable) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:33 pm

I am pulling relatively awful numbers on Archimonde compared to the rest of my raid; this is partly down to me being slightly behind on gear as I've had to use the DK on Mannoroth and Xhul, but that really shouldn't be an issue at this stage, and partly down to me not having the RL time to invest in reading up on Feral theorycraft.

Now, to the issue; I'm raidleading Archimonde and while I'm doing fine on damage avoidance, I'm really not doing well on damage output. Would appreciate any help or guidance that can be supplied to a Feral in desperate need.

Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LX ... 99&wipes=1
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Kh ... 99&wipes=1
Last edited by Cantor (Shredable) on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arckvodle

Re: Mythic Archimonde - halp

Post by Arckvodle » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:32 pm

Looking at your opener it is wrong. Opener is Healing touch - Prowl up to the boss - At one second use Incarnation and agility potion - Rake - Shred to 5 combo points - Rip and than continue on as normal.

Also you should get the weakaura that delays your soul capacitor so it procs later and you get more ferocious bites and rip ticks in it, a free damage increase.

Also if at the last second of a wrought chaos somebody moves and you will get hit by multiple you can use survival instincts, it's better than moving instantly and messing up your line position also. You can tank 3 lasers with survival instincts up, maybe 4.

Cantor (Shredable)
Honored

Post by Cantor (Shredable) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:04 pm

I've been doing all of these things if you look at the later logs. I'll edit the earlier ones out of the OP as my opener has changed significantly. Wrought Chaos is really not a concern as I'm near-enough lowest on damage taken for that ability.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:06 am

Its pretty hard to get comparisons because just about everyone does 1 doomfire and you guys are doing 2.

You're simply not getting enough raw ability usage. Check this comparison: Casts

30 vs 34 Shreds (-4)
11 vs 13 Rakes (-2)
3 vs 5 Thrash (-2)
6 vs 7 Rip (-1)
1 vs 4 FB (-3)
3 vs 3 SR (0)

You have less builders and thus less CPs to spend. Feral is all about finishers.

Look at how much time you spend at the energy cap: Resources - Energy

If you're pooling, don't (except for Ferocious Bite obviously which should always be used with max energy; 25 with Berserk or Clearcasting and 50 without). With the set bonus you should use your abilities as soon as you're able.

Is there a particular reason you're using the ring every 3 minutes instead of 2? Just about everyone with a 3 minute cooldown breaks even doing this except in a few select circumstances (like a 3:30-4 minute fight where you'll only get 2 rings anyhow) and even then it's not a huge gain. You'll get 4-5 ring usages in 6-8 minutes and it will still be synced with 2 out of 3 of your 3 minute cooldowns. Your rogues, arcane mages, ret paladins and marksman hunters will see a big gain from having it used on cooldown as theirs are 2 minute cooldowns. The only reason to hold a ring is to kill a specific target and I'm not sure that's really worth doing on this fight vs the raw damage allowing you to push faster.

Cantor (Shredable)
Honored

Post by Cantor (Shredable) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:54 pm

Spending time at the energy cap is definitely something I've been frustrated by; it's been a bit unavoidable as we run pretty melee-heavy so sometimes I can't actually hit the boss during Wrought Chaos, but mostly I just need to hammer Shred more indeed. The reason we're holding ring 2 is to clear out the first wave of 55% adds quickly and get a larger boss explosion. I'll chuck the idea of ringing on cooldown around.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:35 pm

I know the woes of being melee heavy. We started progression with like 8 melee in the group (+2 tanks for 10 total) and the wrought was almost impossible to deal without leaving melee range. The entire area under the boss was just blanketed with beams. We've recently got a few more ranged and we've whittled it down to 4 or 5 and the difference is amazing.

As far as ring, unless your ring explosion is going to be twice as big, you should do 0 2 4 6 instead of 0 3 6 (and you don't really want to wait 3 minutes and then use it every 2 as that'll just throw everyone's cooldowns off). I very highly doubt the proc will be twice as big. Now granted that's from a DPS standpoint not counting the benefits of the adds dying faster. Still, my preference would be the DPS to get into that last phase faster.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention is to try swapping to the censer (especially if you have a mythic one). Its going to be much better if you're leaving melee range occasionally (thus negating the benefit of the longer berserk). You HAVE to have 100% uptime for the seed to be better than censer. If you lose even a few GCDs its not worth it (mythic censer for sure, heroic might be a bit different, I'd have to sim).

Opening burst with maxed out ring really sets the pace of your DPS the rest of the fight (more so on short than long) and having that agility proc during it instead of a longer sustained tends to work out better. Take a look at this Fel Lord comparison:

First 30 seconds - Following 160 seconds

You actually beat me in the second link (probably cause I died, if I hadn't it'd likely be about a tie) but because I got another almost 3 million damage in the first 30 seconds I still beat you in fight DPS by about 10k.

Now a fight as long as archi might actually benefit from seed but again only if you maintain near 100% uptime during berserk (which as a melee heavy raid as well as the dance and target switching in phase 3 is very unlikely). If you don't have a censer then obviously the point is moot but a lot of people see seed sim better on patchwerk and simply go with that without realizing why.

But yeah, you got the point which is to make sure and burn your energy/clearcasts asap. It takes us a long time to fill up so even if you have to move out the entire duration of a wrought (15 seconds) if you empty your energy beforehand then you'll only be energy capped about 6 seconds.

Cantor (Shredable)
Honored

Post by Cantor (Shredable) » Sun May 22, 2016 6:59 pm

Well I can finally report that we got our kill, and I didn't do horribly compared to the rest of the raid, which was all that I hoped for :p cheers for the help chaps.

bacevicius
Honored

Post by bacevicius » Mon May 23, 2016 12:15 am

other than the facts stated by the feral above me , we all pretty much know were 30K high or 30K lower on fights just because of our being screwed in WOD. proccy soul caps determine whether you look average at best or below and thats just something that we hope they fix. your logs show more than damage, they also show your ability NOT to take damage and overall do more for the raid if that even helps. also do an unequip 5 secs b4 pull and re equip the soul cap to get the full benifit of late rings or errors that always happen on a pull. If you have the 740 senser it consistently pulls 2k or a bit above the heroic class trink just because its so damn easy to sit there energy capped not being able to move on chaos or doing chores assingned SR etc rezzing people which basically is left to us since we are totally screwed in the damage and aoe dept at least since the no reforge TOT trink. we really are in the 'mediocre' dept. Ive been swapped so many times for ranged its just pathetic that blizzard reinforces mages and huntards do it all not to mention locks on imps in mythic manny... just hang in till august cause I was lucky enough to get in the alpha and beta and they are fixing alot of stuff if its not nerfed on the second week of the pac, which is usually the case when kitties get complaints about their being OP .. ..