703 Ovale thread

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

ShmooDude
Exalted

Re: 703 Ovale thread

Post by ShmooDude » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:56 pm

secondcircle wrote:Hey @Shmoo does the script have any logic for trying to maximize AB up time? Like pooling before a rip so you can immediately dump all your energy on builders to try to proc it. Or refreshing earlier then pandemic timer so that if it procs you can get a longer AB? I spend some time in the feral discord and there is allot of discussion about how doing that is a dps increase and I'm trying to figure out the best way to work it into my play with this script. Thanks.
Yeah, I made the simcraft script do that a long time ago (which the Ovale script is based on), not sure why this'd be "new."

It refreshes at 9, but only after one of the following conditions are satisfied:
(energy.time_to_max<1|buff.berserk.up|buff.incarnation.up|buff.elunes_guidance.up|cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<3|set_bonus.tier18_4pc|buff.clearcasting.react|talent.soul_of_the_forest.enabled|!dot.rip.ticking|(dot.rake.remains<1.5&spell_targets.swipe_cat<6))
PirateNipple wrote:Hi all - much appreciation to everyone and especially Shmoo for how much this helps me.

These updated scripts correctly factor in Regrowth, but now wait for 5cp to recommend SR, when previously I was being (correctly, I think?) recommended to SR immediately with 1cp.

I had been using a script from about 4 weeks ago.

Any ideas?
Intended

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:23 am

Anyone else noticing that Ovale keeps going back to the default scripts when zoning in/out of areas or logging in/out? Annoying having to go into /ovale code and swapping it back to custom script each time

Saij

Post by Saij » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:49 am

Didn't saw it when switching zones but after reloading the UI

Laurind
Honored

Post by Laurind » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:59 pm

Does the script do a propper opener? or should I follow another priority on the pull?

Jacemora

Post by Jacemora » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:19 pm

I think it does do an opener but it might be arguable if it is the best. The suggestion with Ovale I think follows along these lines

Regrowth
Prowl
Rake
Shred to 5 CP
SR
TF
Berserk
Shred to 2 CP
Ashmane for 3 CP
Regrowth
Rip
Rake
Etc, Etc

Alakazamfam

Post by Alakazamfam » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:51 pm

Hey

For some reason the new script recommends Regrowth 2 times in a row even with the buff.

I'm using the script you posted on page before (http://pastebin.com/YQ4Rvt8j)

Cheers

Nanaki

Post by Nanaki » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:10 pm

Used your script again tonight, was feeling tired so could not be bothered to DPS solo. Seems to be perfect now. :) 411k DPS. It was higher, but died in last few seconds.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xm ... ne&fight=6

holytiamat

Post by holytiamat » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:38 pm

Nanaki wrote:Used your script again tonight, was feeling tired so could not be bothered to DPS solo. Seems to be perfect now. :) 411k DPS. It was higher, but died in last few seconds.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xm ... ne&fight=6

This script u r using it`s considering Pouncers boots? Could you post here?

Narasimha

Post by Narasimha » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:47 am

EDITED to remove nonsense and prevent confusion. That's everything but the last two lines.

Thanks for your help. Love your script!

Nara.
Last edited by Narasimha on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucetta

Post by Lucetta » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:01 pm

nuziatella wrote:Getting these errors from your aggressive pastebin from the previous post schmoo:
OvaleAST : Syntax error: unexpected token "#" when parsing DECLARATION; declaration keyword expected.
OvaleAST : Next tokens: #wild_charge_cat <EOS>

Edit: Nvm forgot to add a line
I'm getting this same error and have tried even other scripts and I have no idea why it's not working. Ovale is not working at all, saying that i need to get into Cat form as my first spell...and even when I do, it just remains the same. Please help. This was working perfectly before the latest patch.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:08 pm

Narasimha wrote:
I noticed that I'm seeing multiplicative operations on the buff snapshots. Tigers Fury / Sav Roar / Bloodtalons is coming out as: (1.15 * 1.25 * 1.5) = 2.15625

The modifier the game uses is: (base + mods_added_up) so 1 + 0.25 + 0.50 + 0.15 = 1.9.
I verified this is how the game handles it by plugging it into the game's rake and rip formula's and seeing the in game tick damage match the output.
What makes you think they're additive?

Target Dummy Tests:
Prowl + Tiger's Fury is ~2.3 (117.2k vs 51.0k) which is 2 * 1.15
Savage Roar + Tiger's Fury is ~1.44 (73.2k vs 51.0k) which is 1.25 * 1.15
Savage Roar + Tiger's Fury + Bloodtalons is ~ 2.16 (109.9k vs 51.0k) which is 1.25 * 1.15 * 1.5
Prowl + Savage Roar + Tiger's Fury + Bloodtalons is ~4.31 (219.8k vs 51.0k) which is 2 * 1.25 * 1.15 * 1.5

Tooltip matches target dummy damage.

Right now, the biggest bug seems to be something related to energy/timetoenergy not always reporting a value (is my guess anyhow). This can most clearly be seen in the feral script by when it suggests Rip as a finisher beyond the time you'd even reach max energy because its suggesting it when rip expires. It should be suggesting Ferocious Bite (or maybe Savage Roar) at this point. It seems to be far more prevalent in the Marksman script but that may just be something else as the MM script since most of the "default" actions use some sort of focus test.

Unfortunately, I've had a hard time tracking down exactly when, and why this is happening.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:09 pm

Lucetta wrote:
nuziatella wrote:Getting these errors from your aggressive pastebin from the previous post schmoo:
OvaleAST : Syntax error: unexpected token "#" when parsing DECLARATION; declaration keyword expected.

I'm getting this same error and have tried even other scripts and I have no idea why it's not working. Ovale is not working at all, saying that i need to get into Cat form as my first spell...and even when I do, it just remains the same. Please help. This was working perfectly before the latest patch.
Read the bold/underlined part of the OP.

Lucetta

Post by Lucetta » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:27 pm

ShmooDude wrote:
Lucetta wrote:

Read the bold/underlined part of the OP.
Much appreciate Shmoo! That did the trick!

Narasimha

Post by Narasimha » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:29 pm

ShmooDude wrote:
Narasimha wrote:
I noticed that I'm seeing multiplicative operations on the buff snapshots. Tigers Fury / Sav Roar / Bloodtalons is coming out as: (1.15 * 1.25 * 1.5) = 2.15625

The modifier the game uses is: (base + mods_added_up) so 1 + 0.25 + 0.50 + 0.15 = 1.9.
I verified this is how the game handles it by plugging it into the game's rake and rip formula's and seeing the in game tick damage match the output.
What makes you think they're additive?

Target Dummy Tests:
Prowl + Tiger's Fury is ~2.3 (117.2k vs 51.0k) which is 2 * 1.15
Savage Roar + Tiger's Fury is ~1.44 (73.2k vs 51.0k) which is 1.25 * 1.15
Savage Roar + Tiger's Fury + Bloodtalons is ~ 2.16 (109.9k vs 51.0k) which is 1.25 * 1.15 * 1.5
Prowl + Savage Roar + Tiger's Fury + Bloodtalons is ~4.31 (219.8k vs 51.0k) which is 2 * 1.25 * 1.15 * 1.5

Tooltip matches target dummy damage.
Yeah, you're right. On testing them again it's clear that I was out of my mind or something. I just discovered that and was running here to save face and other's time. I noticed the tick damage I was seeing couldn't have possibly come from multiplier's that small. I think I must have saw the numbers that matched with only one buff (of course) and did some kind of mental jump to the numbers working with a bigger snapshot. Sorry bout that.
Right now, the biggest bug seems to be something related to energy/timetoenergy not always reporting a value (is my guess anyhow). This can most clearly be seen in the feral script by when it suggests Rip as a finisher beyond the time you'd even reach max energy because its suggesting it when rip expires. It should be suggesting Ferocious Bite (or maybe Savage Roar) at this point. It seems to be far more prevalent in the Marksman script but that may just be something else as the MM script since most of the "default" actions use some sort of focus test.

Unfortunately, I've had a hard time tracking down exactly when, and why this is happening.
I hope you're able to get to the bottom of it. Thanks for all your hard work. I'm happy that I now have no doubt about how snapshot multipliers work : ) Going to edit my previous post so it doesn't confuse anyone.

mineko
Honored

Post by mineko » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:53 am

I've noticed that during the opener of a fight, the script will suggest that I overwrite a Bloodtalons+Stealth buffed rake with a new rake, usually 2 or 3 abilities into the opener. Is this right? If it is right, what is the reasoning, because I'm not sure I understand.

Edit: You can see what I mean here: https://streamable.com/5mx3
Please ignore my latency, I was downloading Skyrim on Steam at the time and it was suggesting the same thing before tonight, so lag isn't causing it.

Karnivool

Post by Karnivool » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:15 am

HI Guys, i've tried looking through the thread but cant find anywhere what my talents should be if using ShmooDudes script?

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:43 am

mineko wrote:I've noticed that during the opener of a fight, the script will suggest that I overwrite a Bloodtalons+Stealth buffed rake with a new rake, usually 2 or 3 abilities into the opener. Is this right? If it is right, what is the reasoning, because I'm not sure I understand.

Edit: You can see what I mean here: https://streamable.com/5mx3
Please ignore my latency, I was downloading Skyrim on Steam at the time and it was suggesting the same thing before tonight, so lag isn't causing it.
Yeah, that's definitely wrong, I've never seen it do that though. There is a multiplier check on the early refresh to make sure you're not overwriting a prowl/shadowmeld rake.

Code: Select all

AddIcon{ target.DebuffPersistentMultiplier(rake_debuff) }
AddIcon{ PersistentMultiplier(rake_debuff) }
Add that to the bottom of your script and watch what values they give puts up

mineko
Honored

Post by mineko » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:13 pm

Before fight, nothing cast yet: 1.0, 1.0
Regrowth cast: 1.0, 1.5
Prowl cast with 2 bloodtalon charges: 1.0, 3.0
Opener rake used: 1.5, 1.5
Moonfire used: 1.5, 1.5
Then it suggests Rake again.

Here it is in motion: https://streamable.com/xd5o
Alternately, sometimes I get 3.0 in the first box after the initial rake, I assume that means it crit. But it doesn't change the fact that it suggests to overwrite it with a second rake after moonfire.

Here's what I'm thinking. The script thinks the stun from stealth rake is the rake DoT, it sees the stun duration with 4 seconds left and thinks the DoT is running out, and wants to replace it. Could this be possible? Both the DoT and the stun are called "Rake" in the debuff list.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:17 pm

No, that means the snapshotting bug is rearing its ugly head again. What you should see is:

Opener rake used: 3.0, 1.5
Moonfire used: 3.0, 1.5

Because then the check: 1.5 > 3.0 * 0.8 will fail, and that would prevent the second rake cast. Though you said its still suggesting the second Rake there, are you absolutely sure of that?

Looking for your bug I actually found a different bug which explains some of the shadowmeld problems I've been having. Maybe my bug fix for it will also apply to you: http://pastebin.com/T0YMwsDF

Use that as your Ovale\scripts\ovale_druid_spells.lua

Its not "technically" correct since prowl, incarnation and shadowmeld don't stack, but the way the script is setup it won't make any difference anyhow.

If that doesn't work, go back into the file and comment out these lines (by putting a # at the beginning)

SpellAddTargetDebuff(rake rake_debuff=1)
	SpellAddTargetDebuff(rake 163505=1)
Though I don't think that'll do anything.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:37 pm

Karnivool wrote:HI Guys, i've tried looking through the thread but cant find anywhere what my talents should be if using ShmooDudes script?
Should be able to use any, though generally SR/JW/BT are pretty much required for the best DPS (then either LI or Blood Scent)

Evabi

Post by Evabi » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:34 pm

ShmooDude wrote:No, that means the snapshotting bug is rearing its ugly head again. What you should see is:

Because then the check: 1.5 > 3.0 * 0.8 will fail, and that would prevent the second rake cast. Though you said its still suggesting the second Rake there, are you absolutely sure of that?

Looking for your bug I actually found a different bug which explains some of the shadowmeld problems I've been having. Maybe my bug fix for it will also apply to you: http://pastebin.com/T0YMwsDF

Use that as your Ovale\scripts\ovale_druid_spells.lua

Its not "technically" correct since prowl, incarnation and shadowmeld don't stack, but the way the script is setup it won't make any difference anyhow.

If that doesn't work, go back into the file and comment out these lines (by putting a # at the beginning)

SpellAddTargetDebuff(rake rake_debuff=1)
	SpellAddTargetDebuff(rake 163505=1)
Though I don't think that'll do anything.
Using that for Ovale\scripts\ovale_druid_spells.lua fixed the issue for me.

mineko
Honored

Post by mineko » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:56 am

ShmooDude wrote:No, that means the snapshotting bug is rearing its ugly head again. What you should see is:

Yep, I got 3.0 more rarely than I got 1.5, but when I did, I still got the suggestion to cast rake anyway. The reason I thought it was thinking the stun was the dot was because if I didn't do moonfire, if I just waited a half second, it would move on to rake instead.

I replaced the ovale_druid_spells.lua contents with what you posted, and then tried commenting out those two lines, but I am still getting the same issue.

Achooz

Post by Achooz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:26 am

@Shmoo

Is it possible to add a checkbox for the option of using Thrash on clearcast? We've discussed this before and I believe the general consensus is that Luffa Wraps give you a very minor dps boost in that case. With the Nighthold 2pc bonus giving Thrash a combo point, it would be good to start playing around with it because I assume, at that point, we would use it for sure, (with or without Luffa).

Karnivool

Post by Karnivool » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:10 am

Shmoo do you know of any other forums or places that discuss Ovale scripts like you do here at Fluid Druid, i've been trying to find some of other classes but nothing that is as up to date as the feral druid ones, or would have any documentation on how you create your scripts, i know a decent chunk of it comes from simc.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:48 pm

Achooz wrote:@Shmoo

Is it possible to add a checkbox for the option of using Thrash on clearcast? We've discussed this before and I believe the general consensus is that Luffa Wraps give you a very minor dps boost in that case. With the Nighthold 2pc bonus giving Thrash a combo point, it would be good to start playing around with it because I assume, at that point, we would use it for sure, (with or without Luffa).
I'd test it with simcraft first, but simcraft + luffa's is broken in the version I'm using (instead of 75%, its more like 400%).

EDIT: Just did my own math by doing a clearcast Thrash rotation on simcraft without luffa's and just increasing its DPS contribution by 75%. I got a slight loss. That's at about 56% mastery.