703 Ovale thread

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Solenda

Re: 703 Ovale thread

Post by Solenda » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:50 pm

New Maimer code works perfectly. Huge gratitude. :)

greenjeans
Honored

Post by greenjeans » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:41 pm

ReD-EyeD wrote:I just got my second dps legendary (3rd overall), the gloves. Should I alternate the rotation somehow? Like waiting for pooling somewhere?
I think this should work, can you try it out and let me know? https://github.com/GreenJeans/Feral_Scr ... script.txt

I added a checkbox that will attempt to pool at 3cps (unless you're about to cap on energy or something, and after keeping your dots/buffs up) if you've got the gloves equipped.

jimfro

Post by jimfro » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:49 am

Is anyone else having major Ovale issues on Elisande? It's like the haste bubble freaks Ovale out and every spell flashes in 0.2 seconds

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:10 pm

jimfro wrote:Is anyone else having major Ovale issues on Elisande? It's like the haste bubble freaks Ovale out and every spell flashes in 0.2 seconds
It's to be expected, considering that the Haste mechanic on both Elisande and Chronomatic do not simply give you Haste, they speed up the game's "reality". Normally when you get haste, a la HeroLustWarp, it increases your auto attack and the rate at which we gain energy, but that's it, it doesn't affect our Cooldowns or the duration of Bleeds. With these fights, it does, and I imagine that Ovale wasn't programmed to recalculate timers on CDs or DoTs, especially for Feral since Blizz said time and time again that they wouldn't allow Haste to affect them.

rogerbrown

Post by rogerbrown » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Konungr wrote:
jimfro wrote:Is anyone else having major Ovale issues on Elisande? It's like the haste bubble freaks Ovale out and every spell flashes in 0.2 seconds
It's to be expected, considering that the Haste mechanic on both Elisande and Chronomatic do not simply give you Haste, they speed up the game's "reality". Normally when you get haste, a la HeroLustWarp, it increases your auto attack and the rate at which we gain energy, but that's it, it doesn't affect our Cooldowns or the duration of Bleeds. With these fights, it does, and I imagine that Ovale wasn't programmed to recalculate timers on CDs or DoTs, especially for Feral since Blizz said time and time again that they wouldn't allow Haste to affect them.
how come it was ok a month ago then ? whatever this is, it has something to do with the recent ovale's updates, unless blizz changed something in game...

https://github.com/Sidoine/Ovale/issues/252

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:31 pm

rogerbrown wrote:
Konungr wrote:
how come it was ok a month ago then ? whatever this is, it has something to do with the recent ovale's updates, unless blizz changed something in game...

https://github.com/Sidoine/Ovale/issues/252
I don't think its haste. I've had a ton of haste before, its something about the speed buff specifically. And it doesn't do it on the similar one from chromatic anomaly. If you're sure it was an Ovale update that did it, what'd help is if you tried out previous versions until you found one that did work so we know what set of changes to look at. https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/ovale ... -downloads

DopeSick

Post by DopeSick » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:14 pm

Little update on the outside influence bug. I get this visual bug pretty often where it swaps really fast between possible spell priorities. Thankfully spending what seems like 100+ hours just afk doing my rotation on dummies i know what is next. But like shmoo said I only get the bug when there is an outside buff/debuff. Then it triggers the spastic swapping. If you don't hit the correct next spell, the spam continues also. But if I hit the right option it will usually go away. It really does seem like its something in blizzards coding of those buffs that triggers ovale to freak out. Not the script itself. And I've had it happen with every version of ovale. But it doesn't always happen.

Brugrabud

Post by Brugrabud » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:02 pm

Any chance you could add Brutal Slash to the single target rotation or make it a check mark to select?

Lucetta

Post by Lucetta » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Hi Shmoo!

Since update to 7.1.8 I am continuously seeing "OvaleCompile: Unknown spell with ID Incarnation_son_of_ursoc used in Spell(incarnation_son_of_ursoc) in my message window.

RareBeast
Honored

Post by RareBeast » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:40 pm

Brugrabud wrote:Any chance you could add Brutal Slash to the single target rotation or make it a check mark to select?
I would love this option. Also an option to maintain the thrash bleed. On fights like Tichondrius, I don't massively AoE the adds as we have enough other classes that can do it, but it would be nice to be doing a bit of extra damage if it isn't going to be nerfing my single target to any real extent.

Arthaei
Honored

Post by Arthaei » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Lucetta wrote:Hi Shmoo!

Since update to 7.1.8 I am continuously seeing "OvaleCompile: Unknown spell with ID Incarnation_son_of_ursoc used in Spell(incarnation_son_of_ursoc) in my message window.
I'm getting the same error, I thought it was an issue with a macro, but it's to do with Ovale. I don't think it's anything to do with Shmoo's code though, there are no words containing 'incarnation' or 'ursoc' in the code.. Bizarre error though, might try reverting to a previous version of Ovale.
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Arthaei wrote:

I'm getting the same error, I thought it was an issue with a macro, but it's to do with Ovale. I don't think it's anything to do with Shmoo's code though, there are no words containing 'incarnation' or 'ursoc' in the code.. Bizarre error though, might try reverting to a previous version of Ovale.
It'd be in the scripts/ovale_druid_spells.lua file. I'll look at it when I have time.

Squanchy

Post by Squanchy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:29 pm

It looks like the name changed from son to guardian of ursoc in the predeclared file.

Also it looks like our current guardian is pretty diverged at this point. One thing the default icy veins one does that I like is brings up Ursoc based on magic damage. Maybe I grabbed too old of a version, but does Shmoo's still not have something for "if tier 19 4 piece and luffa's, definitely thrash single target on omen procs"?

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:02 am

got this spam after the new version

https://gyazo.com/c44f644a163794930a0b0d1118504fe0

Arthaei
Honored

Post by Arthaei » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:59 am

ShmooDude wrote:
Arthaei wrote:

It'd be in the scripts/ovale_druid_spells.lua file. I'll look at it when I have time.
Great, thanks. I've also raised a ticket through their website.

greenjeans
Honored

Post by greenjeans » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:57 am

RareBeast wrote:
Brugrabud wrote:Any chance you could add Brutal Slash to the single target rotation or make it a check mark to select?
I would love this option. Also an option to maintain the thrash bleed. On fights like Tichondrius, I don't massively AoE the adds as we have enough other classes that can do it, but it would be nice to be doing a bit of extra damage if it isn't going to be nerfing my single target to any real extent.
Sure, but be very aware that both of these changes is probably going to be a dps decrease - if there's ever adds, you won't have charges to spam on them, which is why you'd have BrS in the first place...and spending energy on thrash when it's not generating cp's or buffing anything else is inefficient use of energy. But here ya go!
I added it to the dropdown options for Brutal Slash min targets, and the dropdown for single target thrash conditions

Fixed!
Squanchy wrote: Also it looks like our current guardian is pretty diverged at this point. One thing the default icy veins one does that I like is brings up Ursoc based on magic damage. Maybe I grabbed too old of a version, but does Shmoo's still not have something for "if tier 19 4 piece and luffa's, definitely thrash single target on omen procs"?
I'll look into merging some of that guardian script in to my experimental, I would like to improve some bear stuff.

And no, Shmoo's doesn't have the single target thrash logic, you'll need my experimental version for that.

https://github.com/GreenJeans/Feral_Scr ... script.txt

Changes from Shmoo's can always be found here: https://github.com/GreenJeans/Feral_Scr ... its/master

Arthaei
Honored

Post by Arthaei » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:29 am

For anyone experiencing the error, please type /ovale code in-game, select 'show hidden', and find the son of ursoc line, and change to 'guardian' instead of 'son'. Problem solved!

rapture0707

Post by rapture0707 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Arthaei wrote:For anyone experiencing the error, please type /ovale code in-game, select 'show hidden', and find the son of ursoc line, and change to 'guardian' instead of 'son'. Problem solved!
Thanks worked perfect!

jimfro

Post by jimfro » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:20 pm

Hey, Greenjeans. I found an error when using Sabertooth Talent.
The rotation is 1-2 combo then Savage roar...
Then oval asks for Regrowth even if it doesn't proc.

Does not happen with BT but always happens with Sabertooth opener.

Also, would LOVE an optimized Guardian DPS rotation as well as Catweaving (which i know is much hard to implement but on bosses like Krosus it's amazingly good.)

I could also help with the rotation on that too.

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:34 am

jimfro wrote:Hey, Greenjeans. I found an error when using Sabertooth Talent.

Also, would LOVE an optimized Guardian DPS rotation as well as Catweaving (which i know is much hard to implement but on bosses like Krosus it's amazingly good.)

That's not an error, it's programmed that way, since you will only ever use Rip once per target, it wants the highest snapshot possible, so it is a DPS increase to hard cast Regrowth for the initial Rip...

greenjeans
Honored

Post by greenjeans » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Konungr wrote:
jimfro wrote:Hey, Greenjeans. I found an error when using Sabertooth Talent.

That's not an error, it's programmed that way, since you will only ever use Rip once per target, it wants the highest snapshot possible, so it is a DPS increase to hard cast Regrowth for the initial Rip...
Yup, that's a suggestion to hard-cast a regrowth. Shifting back to cat form with Tiger's Fury or Dash or something will save you a gcd, by the way.
Squanchy wrote:It looks like the name changed from son to guardian of ursoc in the predeclared file.

Also it looks like our current guardian is pretty diverged at this point. One thing the default icy veins one does that I like is brings up Ursoc based on magic damage. Maybe I grabbed too old of a version, but does Shmoo's still not have something for "if tier 19 4 piece and luffa's, definitely thrash single target on omen procs"?
Where's this other guardian script? I'm not finding it...

Squanchy

Post by Squanchy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:57 pm

I downloaded the newest version of Ovale, switched to the 7.1.5 icy veins mode, then was able to find the code. I personally editted my file a bit for it, but not pushing that to anyone else as I have not really verified much of it.

greenjeans
Honored

Post by greenjeans » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:15 pm

jimfro wrote: Also, would LOVE an optimized Guardian DPS rotation as well as Catweaving (which i know is much hard to implement but on bosses like Krosus it's amazingly good.)

Give this a shot! https://github.com/GreenJeans/Feral_Scr ... script.txt

I made an attempt at adding a catweaving rotation to the guardian script.

I also added a check for incoming damage type, and the suggestion for mark of ursol if it's magic.

Test it out, feel free to suggest any changes or improvements!

jimfro

Post by jimfro » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:08 pm

greenjeans wrote:
jimfro wrote: Also, would LOVE an optimized Guardian DPS rotation as well as Catweaving (which i know is much hard to implement but on bosses like Krosus it's amazingly good.)

Give this a shot! https://github.com/GreenJeans/Feral_Scr ... script.txt

I made an attempt at adding a catweaving rotation to the guardian script.

I also added a check for incoming damage type, and the suggestion for mark of ursol if it's magic.

Test it out, feel free to suggest any changes or improvements!
I've been testing the Catweaving and man, it's an amazing start. I love the way it flows.

Some suggestions i'd like your thoughts on:
Make it so that it suggest only bear while the boss is targeting you (maybe a check box?)
Prioritize "Rip" over "moonfire reapply".
Suggest to "Rip" / "Rake" when its at 3-5 seconds left
(havent tested yet but still suggest mark & iron furs)

I'll keep practicing with it and see if i can think of anything else. But this rocks bro.
And the guardian (without catweaving) is a dps increase from the original.

greenjeans
Honored

Post by greenjeans » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:24 pm

jimfro wrote: I've been testing the Catweaving and man, it's an amazing start. I love the way it flows.

Some suggestions i'd like your thoughts on:
Make it so that it suggest only bear while the boss is targeting you (maybe a check box?)
Catweaving is already behind a check box, so I'm not totally sure what you're asking...but otherwise this is a good idea :) I added a check to make sure that you're not tanking before starting to catweave.
https://github.com/GreenJeans/Feral_Scr ... script.txt
jimfro wrote: Prioritize "Rip" over "moonfire reapply".
I'm not sure what you mean here...moonfire will only get reapplied if you're in bear form, and you'll only switch back to bear form if you've run out of energy.
I've been thinking it could be good to add a bit more logic to 'when to switch back to bear' - it'd be nice to pool a little energy if it means you'll be refreshing a rip/rake soon. Is this what you mean?
jimfro wrote:Suggest to "Rip" / "Rake" when its at 3-5 seconds left
This would probably be a dps decrease, as the current refresh timer for rip/rake are tuned to maximize their uptimes.
jimfro wrote:(havent tested yet but still suggest mark & iron furs)
Give this a shot, I did add this but haven't tested it myself.
jimfro wrote:I'll keep practicing with it and see if i can think of anything else. But this rocks bro.
And the guardian (without catweaving) is a dps increase from the original.
That's a surprise, I haven't changed anything about the normal bear rotation from the original! :P