Moderator: Forum Administrators

Kestrel

Re: 703 Ovale thread

Post by Kestrel » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:13 pm

That works nicely! Thanks!

gsanta

Post by gsanta » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:22 am

Thanks for the update Schmoo. Really like the self healing drop down box.

Wellwow
Honored

Post by Wellwow » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Is there a way to turn off the text on the icons? Like before pulling, I'm stealthed and the rake icon says "Prowl". I find the text very distracting.

Also, some of the time the icons have "CC" in them, for various abilities, and sometimes they do not. Why is that? Here's an example, I made the icons 3x larger than I normally have them in order to see what text was popping up.

https://imgur.com/a/HXhht

Kestrel

Post by Kestrel » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:59 pm

I love the text :p

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:14 pm

Rake: Prowl = Prowl/Shadowmeld is up so rake will do double damage.
Shred, Thrash, Swipe or Brutal Slash: CC = ClearCasting. Free.
Ferocious Bite: Apex = T21 Proc. Free.
Ferocious Bite: Refresh = <3 seconds remaining on Rip during execute range.
Regrowth: AF = Before Ashamane's Frenzy
Regrowth: Apex = Before T21 Proc
Regrowth: pouncers = Extra charges from Pouncers
Regrowth: expiring = <1.7 seconds remaining on Predatory Swiftness
Regrowth: Heal = self-healing for non-bt builds based on dropdown box option

I suppose I could add an option to turn the text off, but IMO it's important information that you should be aware of.

Wellwow
Honored

Post by Wellwow » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Thanks for the explanation. I have WA's to show me a lot of those effects and I'm used to those. I have my ovale icons on the small side (75%), fitting into my UI, and the text blocks enough of the icon to make me react slower, doubting what icon I see. I'll take a look to see if can figure out how to remove the text. Thanks!

Edit: I used some regular expressions to turn text=*) into ). I'm bad with regex and some text= uses quotes and some doesn't, but I think I got it.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:32 pm

Yeah, what you did will remove all the texts from the script.

Another option is going into the ovale settings, there's a font size option. Set it to like 20% and it'll be so tiny you'll never notice it. Downside is this includes the keybinds in the upper right hand corner as well as any range text.

Kestrel

Post by Kestrel » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:28 pm

I was doing M Varimathras progression tonight with predator/brs behemoth/chat and was getting prompted to FB when Rip had 3 seconds left on it, which led to letting Rip drop. This is with the latest script with the self heal. I don't recall that happening on the prior script, but I guess I could be wrong.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:54 pm

If you're slow on reacting to the refresh (ie activate another ability instead of FB) there's the potential for letting it drop. 3 seconds is enough time to generate the 25 energy, but if you say emptied your energy at 2 seconds with any other ability, you might not have sufficient time to get to 25 energy.

Kestrel

Post by Kestrel » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:02 pm

I'm relatively new to feral still, so bear with me if I'm just being dumb :)

It wasn't so much that I didn't have time to generate energy but generating another 5 CP in time for refresh it before it dropped off. If I hit the FB with 3 seconds left on Rip, I was then down to 2 GCDS in which to generate 5 cp to get another Rip up.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:55 pm

Refresh is done at any number of combo points, not necessarily 5. I suppose there's a small chance that you refresh savage roar right before it hits the 3 second mark, then you have to generate a CP and then FB. But that's going to be extremely rare to the point it's probably not worth trying to code around.

Kestrel

Post by Kestrel » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:52 pm

It's not prompting me to get a new rip up though right away if I follow through with the suggestion and use FB.

I can work around this, I'm mostly asking to make sure I understand what I should be doing rotation wise :) Thanks as always for the script.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:07 am

What specific situation are you talking about? i.e. mob health percent, mob time to die, duration on rip, etc. It won't use Rip if the mob is going to die soon (8 seconds per active enemy upto 24 seconds plus whatever remains on the current rip), if you're in execute range then you should be refreshing when you use that ferocious bite, if you're not then rip should be suggested in pandemic range.

Kestrel

Post by Kestrel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:44 pm

This was happening at the beginning of the fight. About 10% in to M Varimathras. It suggested FB at around 8 seconds left on rip and suggested FB again at around 3 seconds left on rip. Rip dropped and it did not suggest a rip right away. I can replicate it on the dummy if you want me to record it.

Kestrel

Post by Kestrel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:05 pm

Last edited by Kestrel on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Thanks, that'll help a lot.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Done some preliminary testing, seems the bug doesn't occur every time (at least for me). Don't have time to fully debug right now. If you have the time, go into the script and change:

Code: Select all

if ComboPoints(equal 5)
            Spell(ferocious_bite)
to

if ComboPoints(equal 5)
            Spell(ferocious_bite text=open)
It's in the opener section.

Then tell me if that shows up when the bug occurs. It shouldn't, but maybe there's a bug in Ovale causing it to do so.

EDIT: Or more specifically, it should only show up with Ashamane's Frenzy's dot is up.

grammarjew

Post by grammarjew » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:30 pm

I'm having some pretty harsh fps issues with Ovale and using this script, can anyone else attest to this? I've noticed it the worst on heavy stacking fights like M Garothi and Varimathras. @Kestrel have you noticed this on M Vari?

Darkmod

Post by Darkmod » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:49 pm

grammarjew wrote:I'm having some pretty harsh fps issues with Ovale and using this script, can anyone else attest to this? I've noticed it the worst on heavy stacking fights like M Garothi and Varimathras. @Kestrel have you noticed this on M Vari?

I had this problem too. my fix edit Frame.lua file in Ovale\dist\Frame.lua

Find: line 52ish
local MIN_REFRESH_TIME = 0.05

I change mine to local MIN_REFRESH_TIME = 0.24

Gained about 20+ fps when in combat.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:55 pm

Darkmod wrote:
grammarjew wrote:I'm having some pretty harsh fps issues with Ovale and using this script, can anyone else attest to this? I've noticed it the worst on heavy stacking fights like M Garothi and Varimathras. @Kestrel have you noticed this on M Vari?

Basically you're just telling Ovale to update ~4 times per second rather than upto 20 times. Honestly it should probably be in the options.

Kestrel

Post by Kestrel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:27 pm

I was feeling a bit laggy last night in raid, but then others were having the same issue. Going to try the refresh change though, that's cool. Think I'll try .1 to start. Thanks for posting!

A random question for people - what lag tolerance setting do you use? Having trouble finding the sweet spot.

Added in the text=open, Shmoo. Here's a new vid. Still using same talents/gear as I will be using for M Vari.

https://youtu.be/kUNdDdaZeYE

Rip is not down for as long here, shows at one point where, at 5 CP it's suggesting another shred before it goes and suggests a finisher. Let it go a little longer too and at the end shows another pretty late Rip refresh.

Single target spec/gear:

https://youtu.be/RetSvnCTNsU

Ty for looking!

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:40 am

Honestly, the only thing I can see that could possibly be interfering with it is the TimeToDie stuff:

if { target.DebuffExpires(rip_debuff)
        or target.DebuffRemaining(rip_debuff) <= BaseDuration(rip_debuff) * 0.3
            and target.HealthPercent() > execute_percent()
        or target.DebuffRemaining(rip_debuff) <= BaseDuration(rip_debuff) * 0.85
            and { TFMultPred() * PersistentMultiplier(rip_debuff) > target.DebuffPersistentMultiplier(rip_debuff)
                or BuffPresent(tigers_fury_buff)
                    and BuffRemaining(tigers_fury_buff less 1.5)
                    and target.HealthPercent() > execute_percent()
                    and HasEquippedItem(behemoth_headdress) } }
        and { target.TimeToDie() > 4 * target.TickTime(rip_debuff) * Enemies() + target.DebuffRemaining(rip_debuff)
            or target.TimeToDie() > BaseDuration(rip_debuff) + target.DebuffRemaining(rip_debuff) }
        Spell_rip()
The 2nd and 3rd lines should be what causes the refresh during pandemic. The only time it would not happen is if the Time to Die lines (3rd or 2nd to last) detects the target is about to die (on single target 8 seconds + whatever rip has remaining). This is almost certainly what happened in your 2nd youtube video (RetSvnCTNsU). This can happen on target dummies pretty easily given our DPS and their health, but I'm puzzled as to how this happens on varimathras at 90% health...

Try commenting out/deleting the Time to Die lines (3rd and 2nd to last) and see if the problem still occurs. Alternatively you can take off a bunch of gear that won't affect your rotation to keep the target dummy from dying so fast.. Keep your weapon, legendaries and tier gear, but unequip most other off pieces to lower your damage output.

Kestrel

Post by Kestrel » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Ok, I tried it again after removing gear as suggested. It's still happening. I think I noticed a trend though now that the dummy lasts longer. I think it's only happening when I have Tiger's Fury up. So maybe some interaction with Tiger's Fury/Behemoth when Behemoth extends the buff? I'm going to try testing without using Tiger's Fury at all after the opener, and then without Behemoth next.

Ok, it doesn't happen after the opener (during which I used tiger's fury) if I don't use Tiger's Fury though sometimes it seemed to suggest refreshing Rip way early, but i assume that's because of a proc/dmg boost that could be applied to it?

Still happening without Behemoth when Tiger's Fury is up.

Next up will test with Tiger's Fury multiplier prediction turned off. No Behemoth... It was still happening.

These aren't the most scientific of tests, and I have to head out for a bit. I can try some more tests later, but it seems like it's mainly happening when Tiger's Fury is up? Let me know if more videos of these scenarios would help.

Darkmod

Post by Darkmod » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:47 pm

I have tracked Buffs and Debuffs within Ovales code I have seen debuffs/Buffs jump from 30s remaining to 5s and the reversal. I don't know how Ovale handles all the predictions hast and bla bla... I believe the BuffRemaining Function is buggy. I'm using a nasty hack within the BuffRemaining () function take it with a grain of salt but it seems to be working for me. Ovale\dist\conditions.lua. I override time remaining on buffs and debuffs.

local function BuffRemaining(positionalParams, namedParams, state, atTime)
        local auraId, comparator, limit = positionalParams[1], positionalParams[2], positionalParams[3]
        local target, filter, mine = ParseCondition(positionalParams, namedParams, state)
        local aura = OvaleAura:GetAura(target, auraId, atTime, filter, mine)

if aura then
			local gain, _, ending = aura.gain, aura.start, aura.ending

-- UGLY CODE START ------------------------------- >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
				for i=1,40 do 
					local name2, _, _, _, _, duration2, expirationTime2, _, _, _, spellId2 = UnitBuff(target, i )
					local name, _, _, _, _, duration, expirationTime, _, _, _, spellId = UnitDebuff(target, i )
					if name == aura.name then 
						ending = expirationTime
					elseif name2 == aura.name then 
						ending = expirationTime2
					end
				end 
			-- UGLY CODE END ------------------------------- <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

return TestValue(gain, INFINITY, 0, ending, -1, comparator, limit)
        end
        return Compare(0, comparator, limit)
    end
    OvaleCondition:RegisterCondition("buffremaining", false, BuffRemaining)
    OvaleCondition:RegisterCondition("debuffremaining", false, BuffRemaining)
    OvaleCondition:RegisterCondition("buffremains", false, BuffRemaining)
    OvaleCondition:RegisterCondition("debuffremains", false, BuffRemaining)
end

grammarjew

Post by grammarjew » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:45 pm

ShmooDude wrote:
Darkmod wrote:

Basically you're just telling Ovale to update ~4 times per second rather than upto 20 times. Honestly it should probably be in the options.
Another possibility here could be this error I get when logging in:

Ovale: [2842] Division by 0 in { PowerCost(shred) + PowerCost(rake) - Energy() } / EnergyRegenRate() 
Is this because I'm not in cat form when I log in?