Xanzara's Feral Guide (7.1.5)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Sashimi

Re: Xanzara's Feral Guide (7.0.x)

Post by Sashimi » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:41 pm

ushisan wrote:
Sashimi wrote: wow did you notice it proccing from our regular attacks with balance AFF? or just moonfire =)?
Its even procing without the balance afinity or LI, the damage from the proc isn't that great, its the flat agility on it that makes it good atm for me, 1557 agi at 875ilvl.
awesome thanks for shedding some light on this =)

Mercurial

Post by Mercurial » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:05 am

Hey Xanzara, why did you remove Twisting Winds from Bis List ? It's not great anymore ? Nerfed ? I've just looted it in MM (880), is it still worth it any 850 trinkets ?

Gronks

Post by Gronks » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:53 am

GEARING – TRINKETS
is T1 or T3 better?
I Think T1 is better... and i got Unstable Arcanocrystal - but... is it realy better that a trinket with dex 1000+ and mastery +900?

meowfurion

Post by meowfurion » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:45 am

So, I'm a returning Kitty to the game.

I raided in all expansions except a TEENY tiny bit in WoD which I hated.

I also use both Simc, and askmrrobot, and routinely check icy-veins.com kitty DPS section....and there are lots of inconsistencies between the three to say the very least.

For one, I can't find "stat weight" ratio numbers on any of the sites. It's also possible I am blind and missing them. Icy-veins says that the order is: Agi > Mastery >Crit > Vers Haste. Askmrrobot says: Agi >Crit >Mastery > Vers >= Haste. The guide on this thread doesn't list stat weights, or I am blind and can't see them.

I don't currently follow Noxxic, as I have heard bad/mixed things.

So which one is most reliable? Should I change my askmrrobot app and sub to reflect mastery as a higher stat than crit? Which crit% should I go for a soft cap to? How much haste is too much? What is a really solid amount of Mastery to attain and stop adding more to?

Thanks.
Meowfurion

Wellwow
Honored

Post by Wellwow » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:10 pm

meowfurion wrote:So which one is most reliable?
The best thing to do is sim yourself. Use those weights over general guides because they are specific to your current gear and talent setup. When you get new gear, repeat.

Qpa

Post by Qpa » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:41 am

Does someone allready gave the new alchemy potion some thoughts?

Karyy
Honored

Post by Karyy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:14 pm

As your gear gets better old war will be better but might be worth it at low gear levels. Haven't done the math myself though.

Moostorm

Post by Moostorm » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:15 pm

Mercurial wrote:Hey Xanzara, why did you remove Twisting Winds from Bis List ? It's not great anymore ? Nerfed ? I've just looted it in MM (880), is it still worth it any 850 trinkets ?
im curious was this ever answered? is it just not a good feral trinket then?

Kittyhype

Post by Kittyhype » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:29 am

The trinket is not really good the procc got nerfed now its just strong for enhancer or mages i think

Moostorm

Post by Moostorm » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:05 pm

ah ok cool thanks!

spawnkam

Post by spawnkam » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:33 am

Hi ! Firstly, thank you for you guide. I'm sorry for this basic questions but i'm not certain to properly understand the following points:

1. "An important details regarding the use of Savage Roar rotationally, which is especially important in combination with
Jagged Wounds, is that the power of SR does not depend on how many combo points you invest into it. That means that refreshing it with less than five combo points, while “loosing” energy (because you have to cast it more often), and is usually preferable to letting Rip drop."

If I understand correctly refresh of Savage Roar > refresh of Rip, in the hypothetical case where they both comes to the end of their respective uptime ?

2. In the last section: "Tear the Flesh -Add 20".

If I have a "Tear the Flesh" relic, a "Razor Fangs" relic, and another "Xxxx" relic (not the two first choice).

The Tear the Flesh stay a better choice except if Xxxx is 20 ilvl upper than the Tear the Flesh relic.
The Razor Fangs stay a better choice except if Xxxx is 30 ilvl upper than the Razor Fangs relic.

Thank you for your help !

Have a nice day !

Anoura

Post by Anoura » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:12 am

Hello,

This might be a stupid question and if it is I'm sorry. But I see a lot of ppl are using bloodscent right now instead of Li. Is this a better talent than LI? Everything I have read says LI.

Thank you.

Qpa

Post by Qpa » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:45 am

in my opinion they are not far apart on pure single target like ursoc/guarm. It helps to maintain your sr/rip. But LI should still pull ahead on multi target fights.

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:21 am

I eventually swapped out of LI, for BI, because none of the artefact weapon traits boost moonfire, but a few boost shred. This is more noticable now that I am 35 deep in feral.

Xanzara

Re: Xanzara's Feral Guide (7.1.5)

Post by Xanzara » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:02 am

Semi-updated for 7.1.5, please refer to the http://xanzara.com/NightholdFeralQuickSheet.pdf and you can use https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 to estimate the strengths of different relics. Keep in mind that all "+ilvl" equivalences are estimations and not 100% concrete for specific gear combinations.

Wellwow
Honored

Post by Wellwow » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:57 am

Xanzara wrote:Semi-updated for 7.1.5...
Thank you for the timely updates!

Ayleena
Honored

Post by Ayleena » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:40 pm

In 7.0 the general rule for relics was 25 ilevel bonus for Rip, 15 for Rake and TF. Now it looks like that is... I don't know? I can't really tell from the spreadsheet. It's telling me 35 for Rake, 30 for Rip, 20 for TF, but that is raw ilevel of the relic, not the weapon ilevel, which would be 7, 6 and 4 respectively (generally you get a weapon ilevel for every 5 ilevels of the relic). Unless I am reading that completely wrong.

In my mind the only way to properly evaluate relics is to compare the WEAPON ilevel boost to the value of the trait. What most people want to know is if they get a titanforged relic, how many weapon ilevels will it take to overcome their equipped trait bonus. Or, in turn, if they get a great trait bonus, how many weapon ilevels should they sacrifice for it.

The drop in Razor Fangs from 7% to 4% should drop Rip slightly below Rake, but then Rake has also been buffed by 8%. So if Rake was 15, it's now 16, and Rip is 13. Is that even ballpark? And where does TF fit now?

davidrm15

Post by davidrm15 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:59 pm

Anyone know if change priority stats?

Qpa

Post by Qpa » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:00 am

It depends on your gear you have. You have to sim yourself to know your personal stat weight.

Sibylle
Revered

Post by Sibylle » Wed May 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Hi guys, not sure if anyone remembers me - been away for over a year, and I hardly remember where my keybinds are, argh... From mythic raiding to clueless, I haven't felt this stupid since I first started playing :D

Thanks for the guide, at least I have something too look up which artifact traits to choose.

Noob question, what stats am I looking for? I'm all of level 103 so a very rough priority will do for now.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Wed May 10, 2017 6:50 pm

Sibylle wrote:Noob question, what stats am I looking for? I'm all of level 103 so a very rough priority will do for now.
They're all balanced pretty well right now (which is fortunate since with no reforging and hardly any gem or enchant slots you can't really choose your stats until you have more raid gear than you know what to do with). As always, crit makes your rotation smoother due to Primal Fury, but one new thing is that haste helps your AoE if you take Brutal Slash. Your exact weights will change dramatically depending on your current setup, so for any hard gear choices (i.e. same ilvl; higher ilvl is almost always better at the moment) you'll need to sim yourself, although pre-110 I wouldn't waste time thinking about it.

Sibylle
Revered

Post by Sibylle » Thu May 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Thanks! That's good to know. So they've found a use for haste? Never thought I'd see the day, lol.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Thu May 11, 2017 6:07 pm

Yeah, haste decreases the cooldown of Brutal Slash. It's probably not enough to actually "want" haste unless all you're doing is world quests, but at least to me, it's enough so that it doesn't feel too awful getting a haste-heavy piece.

Hairypitts

Post by Hairypitts » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:45 am

Xanzara's Feral Discord Pins

7.3 Patch Resources

Quicksheet: Information about all changes here (http://xanzara.com/quicksheet/)

Relics (Thanks to: @Guiltyas ): https://goo.gl/2DUi6w

Sweet & Sexy Updated Trinket Graphs (Thanks to: @Bloodmallet(EU) ): https://bloodmallet.github.io/

xahn
Honored

Post by xahn » Tue May 21, 2019 2:57 pm

Hey Xan, nice guide ;) :D
Stoppage @ 6.2 -- Waiting for new expansion.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ahn/simple