Feral energy management - with savage roar talent

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Shizofreniac

Feral energy management - with savage roar talent

Post by Shizofreniac » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:11 pm

Hello guys.

Over the past few days I've been looking for talent build recommendations for feral in Legion and mostly all of the builds have savage roar and lunar. I tried that in dungeons but I have big problems with keeping all that bleeds, roar and moonfire on target especially with a fact that I lost 20 energy when i removed my 2nd Tier bonus + 4 set bonus for bonus energy while clearcast was active.

I was wondering is there a way to keep all of them up all the time, or some tehnique to manage that with 20 less energy or anything?

Best regards to all of you!

Cantor (Shredable)
Honored

Re: Feral energy management - with savage roar talent

Post by Cantor (Shredable) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:06 am

That build's really not going to be ideal for dungeons, or at the item levels we're currently running with due to the lower crit chance. If you definitely want to run with it, then try to limit your use of Shred, Swipe and pretty much drop FB from your rotation entirely. Jagged Wounds makes the situation even worse as well. I'd advise using Predator over LI outside of raids, as trash dies quickly enough that Moonfire won't get it's full value unless your group DPS is very low, and those TF resets are going to be a huge boon.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:31 pm

Cantor (Shredable) wrote:I'd advise using Predator over LI outside of raids, as trash dies quickly enough that Moonfire won't get it's full value unless your group DPS is very low, and those TF resets are going to be a huge boon.
That makes sense; that's what I've been doing for dungeons. But what about the level 75 talent tier for 5-mans? I went SotF for leveling and so far I haven't switched to SR yet, but my damage in 5-mans has been lackluster and I'm wondering if that's why.

Elamari
Honored

Post by Elamari » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:30 pm

I agree that SR + LI + JW is incredibly micro intensive (aka john fucking maden).

A 1cp SR give 8 secs. Which is no where near long enough to get a 5cp Rip rolling and refresh SR with having TF or artifact off CD. It's not good if you're not getting a Rip for 20-30 secs because of trying to get SR to a long enough duration.

I know blizz hate player suggested changes, but I think having the energy cost decreased or the duration increased by about 4 secs per combo point (I'd probably even take 2 secs) would be a good compromise. Damage bonus adjusted accordingly. It keeps the complexity micro-management of the talent while making it a but more friendly/less punishing. Thoughts?
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Shizofreniac

Post by Shizofreniac » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:37 am

Well I guess I'll be spending much time in front of target dummies to see whats going on and how to manage all of that, wonder how it goes with multi doting 2-3 mobs + geting savage roar up, and beg for clearcasting :D

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:55 am

Elamari wrote:A 1cp SR give 8 secs. Which is no where near long enough to get a 5cp Rip rolling and refresh SR with having TF or artifact off CD. It's not good if you're not getting a Rip for 20-30 secs because of trying to get SR to a long enough duration.
Isn't the opener usually the only time you do a 1 cp SR? In which case both TF and the artifact active ability are available, and probably Berserk for that matter.