State of feral damage at 110 and 840 ivl

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

bacevicius
Honored

State of feral damage at 110 and 840 ivl

Post by bacevicius » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:41 pm

Have you ferals noticed we seem to be screwed worse than WOD. I have dh's locks mages, hunters ripping the crap out of me in damage on mythic dungeons heroics. its and AOE fest all over again. and I am talking these other classes 10 to 20 ilvls lower than a feral destroying the meters in aoe. Frist that 40 energy for savage roar completely screwed us. I dont intent to switch around 3 talents for trash then switch for boss back and forth just to be competitive . I am 837 and cant even come close to aoe on a DH hunter lock rogues with fluury . Its getting to where I am about to just quit this game because I will not play anything but what I like : feral. If anyone has noticed this or has talent spec suggestions let me know please.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Re: State of feral damage at 110 and 840 ivl

Post by ShmooDude » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Yep, Bliz feels its ok for other classes to double or triple our AoE damage, but we're not that magnitude better than them single target.

Jacemora

Post by Jacemora » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:05 pm

I am ilvl 841 with like 16 or 17 artifact points with one in open wounds and one in Powerful bite (on the way to Ashmanes) and I am topping most boss fight meters or falling about even with similar ilvl MM hunters/Demon Hunters/Rogues. And that ilvl is not BIS or anything, stats are kinda all over but I have like 37% crit and 37% Mastery.

The fights are too short for LI-SR-JW-BT IMHO, when I switched to BS-INC-JW-BT I started getting more competitive in boss encounters unless I get screwed by unforgiving mechanics luck but a lot of times that can be negated with Balance Affinity/Displacer and the larger melee box.

Now trash is a completely different story. Even with a point in Scent of Blood I do about half the trash damage as the other classes and that is whether I stick to Thrash/Swipe with a rip and rake here and there, or juggle rip/rakes, or just spend energy just on Thrash/Swipe. The reality is right now no one is going to want to bring us to Mythic+ unless people realize our stun/Int/speed utility... but I am not sure how much it will matter.... but the talk I am hearing from guildies as I am running Mythics is how great these other classes are going to be in Mythic+. My suggestion, be ready to do some tanking if you want Mythic+.

Jacemora

Post by Jacemora » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:07 pm

ShmooDude wrote:Yep, Bliz feels its ok for other classes to double or triple our AoE damage, but we're not that magnitude better than them single target.
Yeah, I agree. The only thing I can figure is once we get Ashmane's Bite maybe we get a lot more OP?

bacevicius
Honored

Post by bacevicius » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:19 pm

Yeah excatly the massive energy cost of SR makes it nearly impossible to keep things going without having to refresh SR when we could have a full tf'd rip going they need to lower the cost of SR and we'd be fine. I have noticed that mythic dungeons we come from behind and are usually competitive on fights that dont have alot of adds popping out using INC, BS, LI etc... They had better fix us soon or well be benched for raids again. the emerald dream has lots of adds. I kind of wish I made the choice to go on the bottom line instead of the top I mean the only thing we have up there is aoe and brutal slash burst with a stupid CD recharge. and come one berzerk 15 seconds with 5 10 % 15 percent damage is maybe the only thing single target viable. that bottom line with the 15% armor pen with rip active is the one I should have been aiming for when the raids open up also 21 percent rake damage is op ... I just screwed up and went top instead of bottom worrying about aoe for leveling which did help but isnt going to do crap for a boss fight.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:39 pm

If you want to put more priority on trash in mythics, I've been getting great results with Predator. I consider it our best new talent. Most of the time I'm getting so many TF refreshes on trash that I'm basically GCD-capped, with no TF relics (and of course with SR not SotF), so I can Thrash and then Rake all the things ASAP, or on the largest packs, Thrash and then Swipe almost constantly.

And it doesn't hurt your boss DPS too much. I mean sure it hurts it, but we're good enough at boss DPS that we still end up pretty high on the charts. Unless it's a boss that really hates melee (grr).

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:07 am

I'm running LI/SR/JW/BT because I am a masochist, and I'm not really finding too many issues. vanilla mythic and heroics I am not too far behind, if at all, on trash, and on bosses I am well in front. May say more a bout warrior and paladin and hunter DPS than anything else, tho'.

Saij

Post by Saij » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:05 am

Since I switched from LI to BS it feels way better and even the damage is going high.
Trash is nothing worth for me to look at damage meters but on bosses the only one compared to me is currently our outlaw rogue when the RNG means it good with him ^.^
Others are behind me - even with 20+ ilvls more than me.

Cantor (Shredable)
Honored

Post by Cantor (Shredable) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:17 am

I have no idea why so many people aren't running Predator in non-raid content; getting those TF resets is incredible and alleviates a lot of the energy starvation problems you're having, even running SR+JW.

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:20 am

Cantor (Shredable) wrote:I have no idea why so many people aren't running Predator in non-raid content; getting those TF resets is incredible and alleviates a lot of the energy starvation problems you're having, even running SR+JW.
I was running that, until I got to world quests. Moonfire in cat form makes it easier to spam tag mobs when 20 other people are in the area and NPCs are respawning slow.

I'd probably switch back to Predator - while levelling it was amazing TF being up so often - but I've gotten a little lazy, and like that moonfire doesn't use a BW proc because it's not melee. Also, ranged CP generator makes kiting some 10m hp mobs so much easier <.<

bacevicius
Honored

Post by bacevicius » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:15 pm

I hit 846 and on a target dummy im hitting 205K on a full 3 min and the stopping , with sr LI, BT JW, i have just been unlucky gear getting wise, my states are 22% haste i barely have 31 % crit and 47 mastery I managed to make and 850 dominion card with the other dream shard 835 static 1035 agi and 830 mastery , I agree the blood scent thing seems to work better with incarnation on boss fights esp with the DM card proccing crit. my damage is usually on top with mythic bosses now unless theres adds that spawn and i refresh thrash with that talent i have on the top tree.. I went top for aoe and leveling. im on the 15% zerk done waiting on the last two for the double rip. im Starting to think the bottom line with that 15% armor pen on rip ..? on a boss that would be a lot of damage that will eventually come down the road but it looks really good. Even brutal slash on a mythic boss isnt much different that BT the fights are so short. I basically need to get my crit way up. bad rng loot i guess.

Solushunz

Post by Solushunz » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:15 am

I've been whacking the training dummy for days it seems like, and no matter what I do, running the sim'd spec doesn't seem to yield 332k DPS or anywhere near that. 270k was the best I could get sustained. Is the leather 2 piece that huge? I also only have one of the suggested trinkets - guild is crafting me the DM card (unless an 850 Chaos Talisman drops rofl). I'd like to say I'm really doing something wrong, but it doesn't feel like I am. I'm also not using flasks/pots from the current xpac, so I'm sure that's an issue. Just hard to imagine those few things will be a 60k DPS increase, so I'm blaming myself but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong either. When I run Incarn, the DPS is phenomenal and sustaining ~300k after it's over is pretty easy. Dunno, feeling a bit frustrated. I swapped to Feral main this xpac after playing nothing but rogue since WotLK. I'm aware it's not spammy like rogue tends to be and I've adjusted to that aspect well, but I guess I'm still doing something wrong if the suggested spec isn't pulling the numbers for me that the lesser spec does.

Right now I'm around 40% crit, 14% haste, 40% mastery, 6% vers. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... s/advanced

Someone halp.