Hidden artifact appearance

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Instablaze

Re: Hidden artifact appearance

Post by Instablaze » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:29 am

So, today i decided to look up some feral guides here and fell upon this thread.

Im AK4 barely through honored with ALL reps and decided to look for the stone in duskwood without getting an alert EVER about a screech and, tadaahh!! duskwood stone was active and clickable.

I got the emote "[08:37] You hear something dart away behind you... and then just silence."

Not to sure what to do from here but just as a reference for further research into the skin thought id post my information for you all.

Ekthelion
Honored

Post by Ekthelion » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:27 am

I don't know if anyone posted this but you don't need to be in feral spec and have the pet in order to get the emote in the dreamway. I was in baer spec and got it. The Moonspirit stone was at one of the coordinates. I was in feral spec with the pet though while touching it, so can't tell if that's a requirement or not.
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!

Solushunz

Post by Solushunz » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:52 pm

I just got my second screech and it was Feralas again... Does this mean I'm not any closer to the appearance than when I got the first one? =/ If so, the amount of RNG for this appearance is pretty unfair. We're talking about a roll to see if we even get a screech, then a roll to see if it's one of the three we don't have. Kinda nuts.

Also, I was in Feral spec, no pet out at all. Furthermore, both times I've received a screech was on the day I picked up my next level of AK, both 4 and 5.

Henshencat

Post by Henshencat » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:50 pm

Henshencat wrote:
AsgardFM wrote:
Henshencat wrote:Got a feralas screech today, got into to portal, ran the script aaaaaaaand false.

I'm so upset right now, still flew around looking for a stone but nothing, changed specs aswell still not true, relogged aswell and still not fucking true.
The Feralas script won't change to True until you click the stone. They can take a while to spot but I think the Feralas stone can appear anywhere on the portal island or around the other side of the lake. Took me 10 minutes of hunting around before I found it so all you can do is just keep looking.

pretty sure that the first script should say true before you click and the second one should be true after?

edit: searched for hours all over the top side of feralas, nothing

GM response:

Hello there Henshencat,

First and foremost, I would like to apologize, in Blizzard behalf, for the time it took to answer your petition. Secondly, I would like to thank you for contacting Blizzard Customer Support. I am Game Master ******* and I'll be glad to help you.

Regarding your petition, as you may well understand, we cannot help with these kind of situations, these appearances are "hidden" for a reason. :) I can only say there are no known issues with the Feralas gateway the rest you need to figure out for yourself, I don't want to spoil the fun. :D

You can always check wowhead and youtube for some extra tips and guidance. :)

I hope this helps.

With that said, I bid you farewell, and wish you a great day!

Long Live the Murlocs!!

Kaeslyng
English Game Master Team
Blizzard Europe

Raelia

Post by Raelia » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:06 pm

Henshencat wrote:
Henshencat wrote:
Henshencat wrote:Got a feralas screech today, got into to portal, ran the script aaaaaaaand false.

I'm so upset right now, still flew around looking for a stone but nothing, changed specs aswell still not true, relogged aswell and still not fucking true.
The Feralas script won't change to True until you click the stone. They can take a while to spot but I think the Feralas stone can appear anywhere on the portal island or around the other side of the lake. Took me 10 minutes of hunting around before I found it so all you can do is just keep looking.

pretty sure that the first script should say true before you click and the second one should be true after?

edit: searched for hours all over the top side of feralas, nothing

I got my first emote friday night right when I logged in. I spent 4 hours in Feralas looking for the stone between flying around, swimming around, prowling around... and windowing out looking up every thread I could find about coordinates to see if anyone found any other then either side of the lake. I tried logging out, and my husband even did some laps around trying to find it. Nothing. I think about an hour or so in I did run the Feralas script and it showed false. I thought I was running the completion script, but when I went back to the forums the next day I realized that I was running the "stone active" script. I don't believe anyone has found it to be a timed event (other then it being a daily), so I think Ela'lothen was just trolling me.

We have flowers spawning inside of trees all the time, and we cant get them.. maybe something like that is happening to the stones too.

Pladislav

Post by Pladislav » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:09 am

Hello guys.

Today I got the 3rd screech (Feralas) and it turned out, that the Portal to Feralas was unusable. Either a new bug or intended...
However I flew to Feralas, found the 3rd stone, clicked it and nothing more than the buff + emote happened.

There has to be more to do. I didn't get anything.

Shaniel

Post by Shaniel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:45 am

Does anybody manage to run back to the emerald dreamway with the moonspirit buff still Active? Could it allow to detect some new trigger? It's Just a speculation. Unfortunately I can't test myself today.

Foru

Post by Foru » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:47 am

Today hinterlands again. I walked through the portal in stealth with the lurking owl kitten and tried to touch the stone in stealth, because there are some quest items that can be used in stealth too. But .. nope. Touching the stone disables stealth, I canceled it and waited until prowl is ready again. Touched the stone, instantly switchted into stealth and ... nothing.
[13:37:28] You hear something dart away behind you... and then just silence.
Maybe we need to do something to grap that quick one?
Does anybody manage to run back to the emerald dreamway with the moonspirit buff still Active? Could it allow to detect some new trigger? It's Just a speculation. Unfortunately I can't test myself today.
Thats also a good idea.

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:27 am

Any chance someone can screenshot it? Not even sure I know what i'm looking for, and surprisingly little available on google.

Morimoto

Post by Morimoto » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:32 am

SheriffFalc wrote:
Foru wrote:I don't receive a screech today, but the dump says now true for "Duskwood Stone active". I searched and found the stone, touched it and:
[15:36:25]
[15:37:02] You hear something dart away behind you... and then just silence.
[15:37:39] Dump: value=IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44330)
[15:37:39] [1]=true
[15:37:46] Dump: value=IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44331)
[15:37:46] [1]=false
[15:37:52] Dump: value=IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44332)
[15:37:52] [1]=false
But now the last Dump says false for "Hinterlands stone touched".
Same here - I touched the Feralas stone 2 days ago and Hinterlands stone today, now the dump reads false for the Feralas stone being touched and true for the Hinterlands.

Barring any other evidence it appears the game is only 'remembering' your most recent touch. In which case unlocking the appearance could have nothing to do with touching all 3 stones?
I thought about this over the weekend and noticed the same thing. If someone doesn't get it in the next few days this might be our next clue to work on.

Laurind
Honored

Post by Laurind » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:17 am

I didn't have the owlkitten out ever (I have it, but wasn't following me) and got two screeches (both Feralas), so... I guess it's not needed.
If I don't get a screech today, maybe I'll try getting him out...

Didn't see it here... but not spec related, I've been specced Resto, loot set to Resto and got them anyway.

EDIT: Got back to the dreamway today without the Owlkitten: no screech, got kitten out: no screech (porting out-in didn't help either)
Last edited by Laurind on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dquise

Post by dquise » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:05 pm

Hiya!
Here's a screenshot. I was searching for a reference pic myself when finding my 1st stone.
(banana for scale)
Spoiler: show

Furial

Post by Furial » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:18 pm

Got my 3rd screech, Feralas.

The 2 Feralas dump read true, everything else false.

Got my 3rd screech on Artifact Knowledge 5, not sure if related. When you fight Archdruid Glaidalis in Darkheart Thicket he talks about your weapon. Could this be related?

EDIT: Maybe not since he does it for all 4 specs, although they're different lines.

Morimoto

Post by Morimoto » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:55 pm

Ok, so i have another idea.

Late into WoD we received books to teach us Flap and a few other spells. One of these spell was track beasts. I did not receive a screech today so there is no way for me to try this out.

Ayleena
Honored

Post by Ayleena » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:56 pm

I got my first screech on Saturday right after getting AK 4. The stone was in Feralas, on the other side of the water from the portal. I haven't gotten a new screech since though - not sure if you get one with every AK level?

Chuvisko

Post by Chuvisko » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:58 am

Morimoto wrote:Ok, so i have another idea.

Late into WoD we received books to teach us Flap and a few other spells. One of these spell was track beasts. I did not receive a screech today so there is no way for me to try this out.
That's a nice guess, I'll try it next time. It's thematically sound at least, that we could now track the thing that skittered away.

Henshencat

Post by Henshencat » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:43 am

Hinterlands screech, found stone, went into portal with ~10 secs left on buff, nothing.

Went back with track beasts/humanoids on but couldn't find anything.

Foru

Post by Foru » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:14 am

I assume it's just lucky. You touch the stone and with a small chance the owl god appears or something similar. In the mmo champion forum the druids tested so much things and nothing is happened. Sad.

ihätehealing

Post by ihätehealing » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:06 pm

ok so ive gotten my 3rd screech today, it was for the hinterlands. after searching all the known coords for an hour i couldnt find the stone. went into the dreamgrove and back out twice trying to find the stones.... did the dump command for hinterlands and it still showed the stone as true. so after searching through more posts, different forums Ghrell added 2 more coords. if we could get these added to the main list that would be awesome to help out others who are searching and searching the coords are

Coords 66.06, 37.28
Hinterlands #2: 58.10, 18.10

not sure who can get that added into the list but worth a shot.
as to what procs the screeches i have no clue. i never have any pets out when i get them. and i play 3 out of 4 specs and im always swapping specs and have gotten a screech now in feral, gaurdian, and resto. i think its just alot of praying to the RNG gods.

xfr

Post by xfr » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:34 pm

Got the feralas stone at 49.5 4.3
It was my second stone and the quest for the first turned to false after touching the latest one.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:23 pm

Got my first screech just now (as I walked foward from the entry point in the Dreamway in Feral spec, cat form, with my Lurking Owl Kitten out), from Feralas, several days into AK5, the morning after hitting exalted with Nightfallen. Found the stone at 51.3, 15.5, clicked, got the buff, nothing else happened.

The stone disappeared soon thereafter but I saw another (Nelf, like me) druid perform a cast and then get the buff at the same location, suggesting that perhaps there's just one location per day (at least per zone and maybe server and/or faction/race).

Dargaron

Post by Dargaron » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:11 am

I received my first screech today, after having gained AK4 approx 3 days ago. The screech was for the Duskwood portal. I went through the Duskwood portal, found the stone, clicked it whilst in cat form and received that temporary buff, and the emote about "something behind you, and silence". I had beast tracking on, and nothing showed up. As much as I believe that the owlkitten battle pet is a red herring, I had it out anyway.

I feel like there's something we need to do while we have that buff up - beyond "collecting" the screeches. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to give us the buff without expecting us to do something while it is active.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:42 am

So there's an interesting dichotomy in that it's an artifact appearance for the feral artifact that looks moonkinish.

Also, for the first time this expansion, it's possible to be a feral druid but also be a moonkin sort of, with the affinity.

Maybe try going into Moonkin Form via Balance Affinity during the buff? And maybe casting some balance spells?

Just spitballing. I'd try it myself but I already did today's.

zafir

Post by zafir » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:12 am

Okay so I updated the OP. I compiled the waypoints into easily pastable blocks for each zone (gathered them from wowhead, mmo-c and here, and dumped close ones).

I cleaned up a bit and removed unrelated information and re-formatted the text, at the end I added list of things tried with the moonspirit buff active.

Also, some new information coming hot from the Discord group, added in "Step 2" part of the OP; it seems you have to log out in the Dreamway to retain your "touched" stones.

Shaniel

Post by Shaniel » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:56 am

Instablaze wrote:So, today i decided to look up some feral guides here and fell upon this thread.

Im AK4 barely through honored with ALL reps and decided to look for the stone in duskwood without getting an alert EVER about a screech and, tadaahh!! duskwood stone was active and clickable.

I got the emote "[08:37] You hear something dart away behind you... and then just silence."

Not to sure what to do from here but just as a reference for further research into the skin thought id post my information for you all.
I have anoyher idea I want to share with you Reading about this post: could the emote be the clue of the final position of the owlcat god? I mean if you have, for example, the screech from duskwood portal you go searching for the Stone into the feralas and hinterland instead, you find two Stones there, then you go back to duskwood with all the script returning true at the same time. I Will test it myself when I'm home today if I get the screech (4 days from last seen)