Hidden artifact appearance

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Furial

Re: Hidden artifact appearance

Post by Furial » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:06 am

I got my 4th screech today. Had 2 in Feralas, 1 in Duskwood and 1 in Hinterlands, this last time I tried going in moonkin form with Affinity, no luck. I doubt the game would require you to logout in dreamgrove to remember the save. Plus we have 20 seconds to do something with the buff. That seems to be the main thing. The "whatever" we do with the buff.

Morimoto

Post by Morimoto » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:17 am

After many tests, we noticed that if you log off in the Dreamway (the room with the portals, not the orderhall) you don't lose the 'true' value for the stone touched for the zone that day.
this is the latest theory.

I had log off for the night in Dalaran, woke up before reset and moved my druid to the dreamway and logged out. Logged back in after reset and the quest had turned to false for me. I guess the idea behind this could be by logging out your "sleeping" in the dream and there fore do not forget the stone you clicked?????
But she did enjoy toying with them. The wolf pack that had attacked her would sometimes be woken from sleep by an ear-shattering roar. Ashamane would creep up to their den and announce her presence loudly, sending them fleeing.
I would suggest clicking the stone then going to the dreamway and log out. Then log back in and when you log out for the day take yourself back to the dreamway and log out again. Test the flags after the daily reset to see if the flag holds true.

/script for q,i in pairs({["Event"]=44326,["Feralas Act"]=44327,["Hinter Act"]=44328,["Dusk Act"]=44329,["Feralas Tou"]=44331,["Hinter Tou"]=44332,["Duskwood Tou"]=44330})do print(q,IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(i))end

Another theory is the color of the stones we click. There are reports of 2 colors.

Would try only clicking on the stone if it was the same color as the previous stone you clicked on. This may involve receiving screeches and not clicking them for the day if the color does not match.

I didn't receive the screeches to day so i will not be able to test this, but it seams that some druids on discord appear to be looking at this theory.

Foru

Post by Foru » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:27 am

I logged out in the dreamway (just random), now I didn't receive a screech but the duskwood stone says "true" for touched.
[17:23:00] Duskwood Tou true
[17:23:00] Hinter Act false
[17:23:00] Feralas Act false
[17:23:00] Hinter Tou false
[17:23:00] Dusk Act false
[17:23:00] Event true
[17:23:00] Feralas Tou false
I received one screech per day before ... I don't think that this is working as intended. Maybe a deadlock of the event...

Laurind
Honored

Post by Laurind » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:32 pm

I want to believe Blizzard don't want us to ONLY log out in the Dreamway....
"oh, yout cat ate your internet cable and you DC'd in while fighting a murloc? well too bad... gotta wait for all the screeches again"

AsgardFM
Honored

Post by AsgardFM » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:42 pm

For what it's worth, I think we're over-planning this skin. Personal anecdote below:

A few days ago I had my first screech in Feralas and had the usual problems of the quest tracker not remembering with everything showing False. Earlier today I had a second screech for Feralas. Before I entered the Feralas portal I ran the script again and had the following result.

[23:06:43] Feralas Act1 true
[23:06:43] Duskwood Act2 false
[23:06:43] Feralas Tou2 false
[23:06:43] Hinter Tou2 false
[23:06:43] Hinter Act1 false
[23:06:43] Dreamwalk true
[23:06:43] Dusk Act1 false

After I found the stone in Feralas for a second time I gained the following result on the script.

[23:14:27] Feralas Act1 true
[23:14:27] Duskwood Act2 false
[23:14:27] Feralas Tou2 true
[23:14:27] Hinter Tou2 false
[23:14:27] Hinter Act1 false
[23:14:27] Dreamwalk true
[23:14:27] Dusk Act1 false

Assuming this stays the same tomorrow (no resetting quest-tracker) then it looks like we weren't wrong about needing to click something in every zone, only need to get 2 per zone rather than 1.

ushisan

Post by ushisan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:40 am

According to MMO

Some people reporting that after they got their next screech they went back to the dreamgrove and found the moonspirit there waiting for them.
all they had to do is /sit in front of it, and the feather spawned in their bags.

So apparently we were not doing anything wrong, it was just matter of waiting or it was bugged and blizzard fixed it.

zafir

Post by zafir » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:41 am

It is done, hidden appearance unlocked! Luck guy below:

Nutrichopa wrote: TODAY I GOT THE HIDDEN SKIN!! After getting a screech once per day (Hinterlands x2, feralas x1, duskwood x1) i returned to the dreamway (Just after clicking the duskwood stone) to found "The Moonspirit" (El'lothien or whatever) on the middle of the dreamway sitting still. The only thing you need to do when you see him is /sit and automatically the feather will apear in your bag. PROOF: imgur.com/a/ekR5T imgur.com/a/F39TR
I was Guardian Spec and i switched to feral when i saw "The Moonspirit". WHen you /sit he will move towards an "offline" portal and disappear (You cannot follow him through)
From: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/206 ... st42564213

Apparently, all you need is get 3 screeches in a row for the different portals. It seems Blizzard fixed it this week, and the "log out in dreamway" is a coincidence; after this week's maintenance your "stones touch" progress are saved, which were not the case previously.

I'll update the OP

Foru

Post by Foru » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:31 am

It's not bugged they said ... It works they said ...

teldira

Post by teldira » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:53 am

The skin has been found "TODAY I GOT THE HIDDEN SKIN! After getting a screech once per day (Hinterlands x2, feralas x1, duskwood x1) i returned to the dreamway (Just after clicking the duskwood stone) to found "The Moonspirit" (El'lothien or whatever) on the middle of the dreamway sitting still. The only thing you need to do when you see him is /sit and automatically the feather will apear in your bag" -> http://www.wowhead.com/item=139552/feat ... t#comments

Dinosawr

Post by Dinosawr » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:22 am

Two weeks ago: "Everything's working as intended"

Thanks, Blizzard.

Archaone

Post by Archaone » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:10 pm

You guys are still lucky , it's been a week and half since i hit AK4 but i haven't got anything yet ='(

Iggep

Post by Iggep » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:38 pm

I just received my third screech and touched the stone (Hinterlands, Feralas, Duskwood), but I can't find the Moon Spirit anywhere back in the Dreamgrove. I've looked all over, outside in the area where you port in and inside the main area with all the NPCs.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:58 am

Yeah, the top news story on Wowhead is also saying that it's been solved, but if people have done each stone already without spawning the NPC, then we don't actually know anything we didn't know yesterday, i.e. what the real requirement is.

Dashuria

Post by Dashuria » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:40 am

And I still havent received a screech.. I lvled up druid in the first day and started AK research. So I have my AK maxed, all qs I could find done. Im running with the pet, emotes are enabled, I teleport to dreamway 10-20 times a day, but still nothing.

Anyway, grats

Furial

Post by Furial » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:41 am

We may need to get to click the 3 stones in the 3 areas after whatever was wrong got fixed. This theory goes to waste if we're still getting dumps to reset.

Moonbomb

Post by Moonbomb » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:37 am

So is there a general guide for what we need to do here?

Have the Owlcat out and we should randomly get screeches if we're at AK4? Only if we're in certain zones? Anywhere in those zones? Particular spots in those zones? Are these "stones" in the Dreamway or Feralas. Duskwood etc?

After getting a screech there should be a spirit in the Dreamgrove that we sit in front of?

Furial

Post by Furial » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:50 am

The owlcat has nothing to do with it, I've received 4 screeches so far, never had it on.

There's 6 dumps to keep track of, 3 showing that the stone is active and 3 showing if you've cilcked the stone.

Afaik, the issue was that when you clicked one and then a new screech came, the previous one would reset. If this was a bug and it's now fixed, I believe that if all 3 dumps for the 3 stones read True, porting to the Dreamgrove will spawn the NPC.

The few people who got it so far may have had 3 screeches in 3 days for Feralas, Hinterlands and Duskwood after whatever was bugged got fixed.

Moonbomb

Post by Moonbomb » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:41 pm

I guess this whole thread seems to assume some knowledge about what needs to be done. Do we need to be in front of a particular stone in these particular stones to receive the screech?

Twitchys
Honored

Post by Twitchys » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:04 pm

Atter you port into the Dreamway, the screech trigger area is in between where you start and the bridge that leads to the Dreamgrove portal. It's noted as something like the "quest trigger area" in the initial post. It's nearly (maybe completely) impossible to miss the trigger area if you use your dreamway spell to get to dreamgrove.

If you have run through this area and the screech trigger was attempted, you will get "true" as a result from the dreamway portion of the macro listed in the initial post, so you can check this to make sure you have not missed your daily chance at a screech.

Dinosawr

Post by Dinosawr » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:23 pm

You have to have touched 1 of each stone, since the hotfix was applied (sometime on Tuesday) and then head back to the dreamway

Winterstar

Post by Winterstar » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:48 pm

hmm. Thursday it was showing credit for both feralas and hinterlands touches. On friday now it is showing only credit for hinterlands is showing in the dump. Hoping that as time elapses we do not lose credit for ones previously touched.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Winterstar wrote:hmm. Thursday it was showing credit for both feralas and hinterlands touches. On friday now it is showing only credit for hinterlands is showing in the dump. Hoping that as time elapses we do not lose credit for ones previously touched.
That's ok, ALL my flags are now false, including the one that says I can even get screeches...

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:53 pm

And after getting a couple of Feralas stones, mine's now locked to true for the event roll and false for all the others, all day every day, even after the daily reset.

Welp, hoping the weekly reset fixes whatever broke.

Tyyr

Post by Tyyr » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:00 pm

Similar issues. Event has been stuck at true for 2-3 days now and just need Feralas to show up again.

Morimoto

Post by Morimoto » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:40 pm

I got my feather yesterday.

Nit sure what changed this week but my suggestion is to keep running the script and make sure the touch flags hold through reset. One all flags were true he did appear in the dreamway. Be in cat form and /sit.

I still would like to know what changed this week compaired to previous weeks.