Hidden artifact appearance

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Solushunz

Re: Hidden artifact appearance

Post by Solushunz » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:34 am

Kinda BS they said it was working as intended when clearly it was not. Prior to the fix on Tuesday, I had touched each of them at least twice. Now I've had Duskwood pop twice this week and the others read as false. Pretty dumb.

Acornbrain

Post by Acornbrain » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:02 pm

New waypoint today in duskwood - 51, 43

Nymie

Post by Nymie » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:18 pm

Has anyone else not received any screeches since they did the hotfix?

I'm getting a little pissed, I'd had Feralas and Duskwood before Blizz realized they were wrong about it actually working...

Morimoto

Post by Morimoto » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:05 pm

Sorry, like most of this game its all RNG. Every year WoW gets closer to Diablo style loot. Most of my guild has their first legendary's and some a second. I still have zero. three other Alchemists in my guild have rank 3 flasks. I still dont have one. I have made well over 1000 flasks

Taybearz

Post by Taybearz » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:35 pm

I actually submitted a ticket regarding progress prior to the tues hotfix. I got a reply and the GM said after doing some digging the quest is still "NOT WORKING AS INTENDED" I posted my ticket a long with the response to the bug forums. I have completed the stones numerous times prior to reset but I have only received Duskwood twice since tues reset. So if your like me and have the met the requirements prior to the hotfix but now rng has not blessed you with screeches everyday it could still be some time before you get the appearance until rng blesses you with screeches or the proactively update progress for people that touched stones prior to hotfix.

Link to GM response: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749417202

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:12 am

This may be totally RNG and coincidental but I tested out the daily-reset thing today and I got the screech IMMEDIATELY after the daily reset message popped up....I haven't had a screech all week so again could be random...but yeah, seems like you might be guaranteed to get one if you are in the dreamway as dailies reset.

Will re-test again tomorrow, and hopefully if it works i will be getting my skin.

Morimoto

Post by Morimoto » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:11 am

Oronare wrote:This may be totally RNG and coincidental but I tested out the daily-reset thing today and I got the screech IMMEDIATELY after the daily reset message popped up....I haven't had a screech all week so again could be random...but yeah, seems like you might be guaranteed to get one if you are in the dreamway as dailies reset.

Will re-test again tomorrow, and hopefully if it works i will be getting my skin.
This is totally random still. It would still be the same if you played world quests for hours then went to the dreamway. Reset happens at 10am for me so I checked everyday right after that time. Use the scripts to check your flags. If the "Tou" lines are not true you are not going to get it. Two need to be true to get it on the 3rd time. They need to hold true after the daily reset to. Still not sure if this is a bug or a trigger we are missing.

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:27 pm

I don't mean log in after reset or teleport back after that time, I mean be sat in the dreamway as you get the 'daily quests have now reset' message and it happened IMMEDIATELY as the message came up.

The duskwood stone still shows as 'true' for me and that happened on Wednesday. Tomorrow be online like 5 minutes before dailies reset waiting in the dreamway and see if it happens, I will be testing again tomorrow too.

As of right now both todays and last wednesdays stones are still showing touched as true, so if my theory works again tomorrow morning I should be getting it, will post tomorrow with an update.

Qpa

Post by Qpa » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi @ all

can please someone catch me up on the following.

I started yesterday to gather the hidden skin and recieved a scream on Monday 18-19 p.m. to duskwood and I completed it.

/dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44330) (Duskwood Owlcat Stone Touched ) => True

So I got back today (Tuesday) before and after 18-19 p.m.
But no scream and ....
/dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44326) (Dreamway event roll) is also => True.

Twitchys
Honored

Post by Twitchys » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:29 pm

That just means that the daily roll did trigger (and didn't roll true, so you didn't get a screech on Tuesday). Check back tomorrow to see how your luck fares.

Qpa

Post by Qpa » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:39 pm

Twitchys wrote:the daily roll did trigger (and didn't roll true,

I think i'm to stupid at the moment. Because /dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44326) (Dreamway event roll) is returning true.

Where is the point I miss if the above triggers true that it is still "rnd"?

Twitchys
Honored

Post by Twitchys » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:48 pm

The flag is for the roll happening, not the result of that roll. It returns true whether or not you actually get a screech, it's just telling you that the game rolled to see if you got the event. If you get a screech, one of the "active" triggers will return true as well. Otherwise, (event roll) = true, while (all active triggers) = false, and you have to wait for another day to hope for a good roll.

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:04 am

Yep, looks like the theory was right....I was logged in, sat waiting in the drewmway for dailies to reset and the SECOND I got the message that dailies had reset, I got my final screech.

That is all 3 screeches IMMEDIATELY after the dailies reset message. Got my skin :D

So you have to be sat, waiting in the dreamway when dailies reset, as soon as the message pops up you will get a screech. I am AK6 if that makes any difference, though the 1st screech happened at AK5 using this same method.

Whitepaw
Honored

Post by Whitepaw » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:20 am

When is the daily reset?

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:06 am

Whitepaw wrote:When is the daily reset?
North America: 15:00:00 UTC
Oceanic: 15:00:00 UTC
Europe: 07:00:00 UTC

For the UK for example, this would be 8am uk time/9am server time which is 7am UTC. EST is 4hrs behind UTC so 3pm UTC would be 11am EST.

Whitepaw
Honored

Post by Whitepaw » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:10 am

Thank you :D

Dinosawr

Post by Dinosawr » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:20 am

Sitting in the Dreamway during daily reset doesn't guarantee a screech. Guildies and I have tried it and some of us got screeches, some didn't. Plus Blizzard wouldn't force that as a requirement, it would be ridiculous. Most people are at work/school during resets. It's just a coincidence if it worked for you.

Morimoto

Post by Morimoto » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:31 pm

i wonder if would be correct, i would also assuming that there is still RNG on the daily event happening to.

AK level will make you avalible for:
AK4 = Screech 1
AK5 = Screech 2
AK6 = Screech 3

Tyyr

Post by Tyyr » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:09 am

Morimoto wrote:i wonder if would be correct, i would also assuming that there is still RNG on the daily event happening to.

AK level will make you avalible for:
AK4 = Screech 1
AK5 = Screech 2
AK6 = Screech 3
AK7 today, still waiting for Feralas to pop up again since the fix.

ushisan

Post by ushisan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:13 pm

Yes I'm one of those people who received multiple screeches before the hotfix including all the 3 the portals.

After the hotfix received only hinterlands and feralas, one week passe and still waiting for the duskwood one.

I run the scripts everyday to confirm if its active or not.

Today i ran the first script to see if the daily is true or false, i got excited and went to the dream way, and heard no screeches, ran the script again and showed true, so i ran the duskwood script to see if stone active, and returned false, ran the other scripts to make sure i still have the other two stones touched, and nope they got reset aswell......

So ya amazing feedback from blizzard, I submitted bug reports multiple times, and no luck.

Morimoto

Post by Morimoto » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:52 pm

ushisan wrote:Yes I'm one of those people who received multiple screeches before the hotfix including all the 3 the portals.

After the hotfix received only hinterlands and feralas, one week passe and still waiting for the duskwood one.

I run the scripts everyday to confirm if its active or not.

Today i ran the first script to see if the daily is true or false, i got excited and went to the dream way, and heard no screeches, ran the script again and showed true, so i ran the duskwood script to see if stone active, and returned false, ran the other scripts to make sure i still have the other two stones touched, and nope they got reset aswell......

So ya amazing feedback from blizzard, I submitted bug reports multiple times, and no luck.
IMO there was no fix. I think its all in peoples heads. There is something more that needs to happen to keep the flags true. Once available the dreamway roll should always be true. After this once triggering the dreamway roll by entering the dreamway(i suggest running towards the bridge) you will either get a screech or not. You can use the macro to see if any of the stone active is set to "true" If so you missed the screech just go search the area and you should fine the stone. Touch it and the flag for touched will return "true". The key is making this stay true after the daily reset. What makes the value stay "true"? I dont think anyone knows yet. I had duskwood the day everyone thinks the hotfix went out. All touched flags where false, dreamway roll was true and duskwood active was true. The next day the duskwood touch flag reset to "false" anyways. The following day i received no screech. Over the next days after that i received Hinderlands, Feralas, and Duskwood in that order. The only other person i know that received the feather actually had the same order as me. The idea i have is....

1. AK4 starts the screeches but they do not stay true till AK6 is reached.
2. The screeches are random but need to be clicked in a set order.
3. A combo of both.

Ayleena
Honored

Post by Ayleena » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:52 pm

I got a screech the day of the hotfix (last Tuesday, the 27th), and one the day I got my next AK level (6, I think?), which was on Tuesday. I have not gotten a third screech, tho I did have one before the hotfix, which obviously has not counted. I don't know how to run scripts to see what is flagged or whatever, so I guess I will just patiently wait for a feralas screech and see what happens.

Hotsoup

Post by Hotsoup » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:09 am

I'm having the exact same experience. Since the fix I've had a total of 0 screeches. Tried the strat of waiting in the dreamway twice with no result, really wondeering if this is just some more legion rng or if it's bugged..

Monopedia

Post by Monopedia » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:24 am

I'd not had a single screech up until the "fix", i then received a screech on the day of the "fix", and the following day, since then I have not had a 3rd.

Had Hinterlands, then Feralas.

Ekthelion
Honored

Post by Ekthelion » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:41 am

Got the form today. And it's amazing :D
After getting 3 moonstones Ela'lothen The Moonspirit appeared in the Dreamway and was sitting. All I had to do was target him and /sit. After a short while I received the Feather.
https://gyazo.com/09a4dce6e71c2bf03199934adaae0ae3
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!