Hidden artifact appearance

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Setah

Re: Hidden artifact appearance

Post by Setah » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:49 pm

I had one screech last week (on Monday I think, before the supposed hotfix), and haven't had any since then. I'm pretty sure it's just random as hell, but honestly, it's kind of annoying. I'd rather they have went all out with a nifty druid-like scavenger hunt than this pure RNG stuff.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:56 pm

My event flags true every now and then but never any screeches. I think its just doing feralas over and over. Need the others.

Dinosawr

Post by Dinosawr » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:03 pm

It's super buggy. If you're not getting any screeches after the hotfix they did 2 weeks ago, open a ticket. I got mine yesterday after talking with a GM

Setah

Post by Setah » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Cool, good to know, thanks for reporting that. I'll have to try that!

lcghost

Post by lcghost » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:13 pm

After running the script provided, this was the response I got. Am I reading it correctly? This is showing I'm just missing the Duskwood touch, correct?
Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 6.07.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 6.07.50 PM.png (173.76 KiB) Viewed 4085 times

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:49 pm

lcghost wrote:After running the script provided, this was the response I got. Am I reading it correctly? This is showing I'm just missing the Duskwood touch, correct?
Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 6.07.50 PM.png
Yeah, I believe so. That's the same state I've been in for the last few days now.

Nymie

Post by Nymie » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:29 pm

Dinosawr wrote:It's super buggy. If you're not getting any screeches after the hotfix they did 2 weeks ago, open a ticket. I got mine yesterday after talking with a GM
What did you say to your GM? Mine's being particularly unhelpful -.-

Archaone

Post by Archaone » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:32 am

You need to open a request to talk with a GM ?

And also i wanted to ask you , if i don't get a screech at 10 AM can i get one later ? It's been two weeks since i hit AK 4 and i only got 1 screech ...

ushisan

Post by ushisan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:31 am

So I made a ticket and got an answer from GM indicating there's a bug , he couldn't tell me what is it, but they are working on fixing it, I hope this is true and not just a random reply to shut me up :\
I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I know how frustrating it can be waiting to get your hidden artifact skin. Unfortunately, it appears that this is taking slightly longer to fix, but I can assure you that the devs are working on fixing this.

EDIT: after I logged today, i was in dalaran and switched to guardian spec and went to dreamway and finally got the last screech and got my appearance, not sure if the ticket had any effect on it.
Last edited by ushisan on Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rinnzler

Post by Rinnzler » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:42 am

ushisan wrote:So I made a ticket and got an answer from GM indicating there's a bug , he couldn't tell me what is it, but they are working on fixing it, I hope this is true and not just a random reply to shut me up :\
I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I know how frustrating it can be waiting to get your hidden artifact skin. Unfortunately, it appears that this is taking slightly longer to fix, but I can assure you that the devs are working on fixing this.
I opened a ticket yesterday and I got the same answer. It's still a little bugged and they are working on it.
It's been 10 days since I got my first and only screech.

Edit: While I was doing some WQ the daily quest reset popped up so I went to the dreamgrove and I got my second screech after beeing there for about 2 minutes.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_100916_122715.jpg
screech
WoWScrnShot_100916_122715.jpg (100.55 KiB) Viewed 3935 times

ushisan

Post by ushisan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:42 am

Rinnzler wrote: Edit: While I was doing some WQ the daily quest reset popped up so I went to the dreamgrove and I got my second screech after beeing there for about 2 minutes.
what spec were you when you went for the dreamway.

Rinnzler

Post by Rinnzler » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:45 pm

ushisan wrote:
what spec were you when you went for the dreamway.
I was in feral spec

Batlecruiser
Honored

Post by Batlecruiser » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:37 am

I got 2 screeches in 3 days before October, since then 0.. still waiting for 3rd...
Maybe they "fixed" it in the way, that screeches are RNG, but if you get one of the touched locations, there will be no screech, which makes the 3rd one so rare?

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:39 am

Batlecruiser wrote:I got 2 screeches in 3 days before October, since then 0.. still waiting for 3rd...
Maybe they "fixed" it in the way, that screeches are RNG, but if you get one of the touched locations, there will be no screech, which makes the 3rd one so rare?
That hypothesis sounds logical and is consistent with my experience too (many Feralas screeches before the supposed fix, and since it, Feralas again, then Hinterlands, and then nothing for a while now).

Furial

Post by Furial » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:03 am

This makes sense to me. Hinterlands is the one I'm waiting on for quite a while as well.

ushisan

Post by ushisan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:47 am

Furial wrote:This makes sense to me. Hinterlands is the one I'm waiting on for quite a while as well.
I was like you waiting for the 3rd screech(duskwood) for 12+ days,

The only two different things that i did different before getting the 3rd screech were :

1- Opened a ticket complaining that I still didn't get my 3rd screech, and the answer I got was that they are investigating and working on a hotfix.
2- I was in dalaran before I logged off in the day before, and when I logged back in I switched to guardian and teleported to the dreamway.

The reason I switched to guardian is because I wanted to test a theory, since I noticed that to the path of each of those three gateways there is a stone with icon on it ( it was used for a quest during leveling , one for each spec guardian/feral/resto), the one on the way to Duskwood portal is the guardian stone(Bear paw).

So I though maybe you need to be in a spec that represents that stone to trigger the screech for that portal before teleporting to the dreamway, silly theory , but worth testing if no one tested it before.

Because I can't recall which spec I was in when I got my first two screeches.

Furial

Post by Furial » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:32 am

Well the hotfix is already live since when we got our screeches, whenever a new one would show, our /dump command would show "False" for the previous one. I haven't had the Feralas and Hinterlands one showing as false every since the hotfix.

Everything else I reckon it's just RNG, could be region specific which would explain why some guys get Feralas/Hinterlands/Duskwood on specific days or could be something else.

I'll just keep on checking Dreamway once a day and it'll eventually pop, not in a rush. :D

zafir

Post by zafir » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:47 am

Well, after 2 weeks of no screeches, I got fed up and wrote a complaining ticket yesterday evening. No response so far, but today, before daily reset, I started killing the yellow (non-hostile) beasts in the dreamway while in feral spec. I started with wolves, killed deer and the whelps. Then, almost immediately after reset, I got a screech from the Hinterlands.

Not sure if coincidence or something actually triggered it, but worth trying out.

Setah

Post by Setah » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:45 pm

I never opened a ticket, but the day after I whined on here, I finally got a screech, for Feralas. Now I just need the other two (I got the Duskwood one before the hotfix, so that one reads as false now unsurprisingly).

Winterstar

Post by Winterstar » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:51 pm

Taking a moment to post this because of flag interaction:

At one point I had touched both feralas and hinterlands, but the hinterlands flag started returning false at some point.

So my flags read:
Feralas: true
hinterlands: false
duskwood: false.

The duskwood happened, got the screech, did the stone as normal.

Flags read:
Feralas: true
hinterlands: false
duskwood: true

Got a screech this morning for feralas. Went anyway, touched stone, got feather.

Feralas was my first screech, and may have been before progress was being saved, but the flags were reporting that hinterlands was the missing flag.
In short, keep track of it yourself, the flags are not necessarily reliable. and don't skip going after a screech.

Foru

Post by Foru » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:58 am

No hinterlands portal since two weeks. The german GMs says "delete your interface". Doesn't makes sense to me. Three weeks ago I got the hinterland screech several days in a row. I assume it's just buggy, cuz the hinterlands portal was the last before the maintenance fix. I'll try out to wait for ID reset, but it's not so easy cuz on EU servers the reset is early at the morning.

Archaone

Post by Archaone » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:49 am

So i logged in , had the screech for feralas , went in , searched for 10 minutes , got a dc went back in feralas and now impossible to find the moonstone ,even with coordonates ... Have you got any infos or the feralas stone is not findable ?

The macro says that feralas moonstone is not active

Batlecruiser
Honored

Post by Batlecruiser » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:38 am

Foru wrote:No hinterlands portal since two weeks. The german GMs says "delete your interface". Doesn't makes sense to me. Three weeks ago I got the hinterland screech several days in a row. I assume it's just buggy, cuz the hinterlands portal was the last before the maintenance fix. I'll try out to wait for ID reset, but it's not so easy cuz on EU servers the reset is early at the morning.
Delete interface meaning all addons etc?
Maybe wow's cache folder is enough. Maybe the touched stones (before fix) are locally cached and therefore hidden-flagged as true and does not appear because of that.
Meaning: the script checks global server flags but the triggering screech event checks locally?! ^^
Could make sense, because the stone I have left is the only one I got before the fix.

Qpa

Post by Qpa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:43 am

I'm missing the Hinterlands screech for just like 4 straight days. The other two I got the 3 days before if I remember it correctly. So everything before this "hotfix" (whatever they tried to fix).

Just opened a ticket to see what they have so say about it.

Ayleena
Honored

Post by Ayleena » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:53 pm

No screeches since, and I've had another AK level since. Maybe I'll get one today since it seems to be Tuesdays that I've gotten the others.

I also like the idea that it is not just randomly giving screeches, but randomly giving them for any of the three zones, and if you already have that zone, it doesn't show as an emote. It's like when you're collecting pieces of something, and you get the right piece 5 times before you get the left one.