Hidden artifact appearance

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Cynicale

Re: Hidden artifact appearance

Post by Cynicale » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:19 pm

I'm missing the Hinterlands screech for just like 4 straight days. The other two I got the 3 days before if I remember it correctly. So everything before this "hotfix" (whatever they tried to fix).
This is the same situation I'm in. Got the other two on 2 consecutive days. Now it's been 3 days with no screech.

Foru

Post by Foru » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:26 pm

Batlecruiser wrote:
Foru wrote:No hinterlands portal since two weeks. The german GMs says "delete your interface". Doesn't makes sense to me. Three weeks ago I got the hinterland screech several days in a row. I assume it's just buggy, cuz the hinterlands portal was the last before the maintenance fix. I'll try out to wait for ID reset, but it's not so easy cuz on EU servers the reset is early at the morning.
Delete interface meaning all addons etc?
Maybe wow's cache folder is enough. Maybe the touched stones (before fix) are locally cached and therefore hidden-flagged as true and does not appear because of that.
Meaning: the script checks global server flags but the triggering screech event checks locally?! ^^
Could make sense, because the stone I have left is the only one I got before the fix.
Yep, hard reset of Cache, Addons, etc. I don't think that this is the trick.

Cynicale

Post by Cynicale » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:09 pm

Yeah that sounds more like the standard "Did you unplug it and plug it back in?" approach. The generic: here's something you can do to make it feel like you're doing something that could make a difference. Though, in this case it seems unlikely that anything local would influence RNG. People would game the system left and right if local files could alter RNG in any way... assuming this is RNG based.

Acvodad

Post by Acvodad » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:41 am

Had two screeches the beginning of last week. Had Duskwood left which I had already touched two times before. Wrote a ticket on sunday. Got the response that the GM has reported to devs and that I should also report the bug. Next days reset I get the last screech. IDK.

zafir

Post by zafir » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:40 am

Cynicale wrote:Yeah that sounds more like the standard "Did you unplug it and plug it back in?" approach. The generic: here's something you can do to make it feel like you're doing something that could make a difference. Though, in this case it seems unlikely that anything local would influence RNG. People would game the system left and right if local files could alter RNG in any way... assuming this is RNG based.
While I also don't think it is related, I've gotten 2 screeches in the past 2 days, first on monday, after writing a lengthy ticket on sunday evening, then deleting Cache folder on monday morning before daily reset; then the second one today, also after deleting the Cache folder, so I only need Feralas now...

Acornbrain

Post by Acornbrain » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:18 pm

Got 2 screeches last week's Mon/Tues then nada for 7 days. Got the final one today. So there can be a big gap.

Caranhir

Post by Caranhir » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:00 am

I've had 2 Feralas and 2 Duskwood but nothing from Hinterlands and nothing for 6 days...

Tashun

Post by Tashun » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:24 am

Hey guys,

After the 'fix' I didn't get a screech for ages. Got the final one yesterday and spent an hour in Duskwood looking for the stone. I eventually decided to see if the /dump command would return true to there being a stone active.

It returned false, so I made a ticket to a GM and he basically said that there is evidence of it being bugged. I haven't had a screech today and both feralas and hinterlands return as the stone being touched when doing the /dump.

Anyone else had this issue? It's a little annoying having the final stone just not spawn for me, despite me getting the screech.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:38 am

TBH, I don't even bother looking for the screech anymore. I just hit my macro everytime I'm in the Dreamwalk.

Hotsoup

Post by Hotsoup » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:40 am

A gm told me it was bugged when I asked him. Haven't had a screech for 14 days (currently 1 / 3) had 1 before hotfix aswell.

Qpa

Post by Qpa » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:06 am

Just wrote a ticket and two answers and they were pretty clear that there is not bug at all....
ofc....

Nymie

Post by Nymie » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:39 am

Okay, so two weeks post-hotfix and I've only gotten one screech, Hinterlands. I'd gotten Feralas and Duskwood each once pre-hotfix. Two tickets (with subsequent unhelpful responses) and a bug report later, I have no helpful responses and I'm pretty much giving up.

Foru

Post by Foru » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Nymie wrote:Okay, so two weeks post-hotfix and I've only gotten one screech, Hinterlands. I'd gotten Feralas and Duskwood each once pre-hotfix. Two tickets (with subsequent unhelpful responses) and a bug report later, I have no helpful responses and I'm pretty much giving up.
Same here. No interests in this buggy one anymore. But nice community and speculations, this was a lot of fun.

Batlecruiser
Honored

Post by Batlecruiser » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:46 pm

Finally... got my last screech today

Nymie

Post by Nymie » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:13 am

I'm just so upset... This was the skin I wanted, since the previews were released. To hell with treecat, I want to be an owlcat! T.T

Kittyhype

Post by Kittyhype » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:32 am

Why u all searching for it?^^
In my opinion this skin is really ugly:D
I got 1 kind of it allready but im not searching for it
The best skin is the duengeonhero achivment skin!

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:04 am

Kittyhype wrote:Why u all searching for it?^^
If I had a choice, I'd happily go back to my purple nelf cat base skin. But I can't, I'm stuck looking like some kind of Worgen/Troll hybrid monster. Owlcat hides it better than treecat.

Foru

Post by Foru » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:15 pm

Nich wrote:
Kittyhype wrote:Why u all searching for it?^^
If I had a choice, I'd happily go back to my purple nelf cat base skin. But I can't, I'm stuck looking like some kind of Worgen/Troll hybrid monster. Owlcat hides it better than treecat.
Agree. But Kittyhype is also alright. I completed the dungeon meta since three weeks or so, but nope. You need to complete the Essence of Power Quest. 10/30. <3

Qpa

Post by Qpa » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:06 pm

Do you need the lurking owl kitten pet to be with you? Read that in another guide. (Had it with me my first screeches)

Wellwow
Honored

Post by Wellwow » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:55 pm

Qpa wrote:Do you need the lurking owl kitten pet to be with you? Read that in another guide. (Had it with me my first screeches)
I've had two screeches without any pets out.

Hotsoup

Post by Hotsoup » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:12 pm

I got my 2nd screech (after the hotfix) today, after a GM told me that the thing was bugged for a few people who had screeches before the hotfix occured. So maybe there was another hotfix? didn't see any bluepost for it tho. I got it as Balance, was not mounted (dno if that matters) and had no pet out. Hopefully I won't have to wait another 15 days for the next screech :)

Terias
Honored

Post by Terias » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:27 pm

Code: Select all

/script for q,i in pairs({["Event"]=44326,["Feralas Act"]=44327,["Hinter Act"]=44328,["Dusk Act"]=44329,["Feralas Tou"]=44331,["Hinter Tou"]=44332,["Duskwood Tou"]=44330})do print(q,IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(i))end
To clear up some confusion, this is exactly how the quest works:

If you run the macro listed earlier, you will notice there is an "event" listing - the event triggers while you're in the dreamway, and can only trigger once per day (it's a daily). If the event is listed as TRUE, it means you used your roll for the day, if it's listed as FALSE, it means you've not rolled that day (usually walking around for about 5 seconds triggers it, sitting still doesn't seem to).

The issue is, the event daily can fail, failing gives no notice and nothing happens. If it rolls successfully, you get a screech in that days moonstone zone.

I believe this zone is region wide and all druids who get screeches on one day get the same zone (this is anecdotal based on the days I was seeing people who got screeches all having the same screech, and could be wrong).

If you get a successful event roll, you still may not get a screech if you have already clicked that days moonstone zone (the TOU (touched) lines in the macro).

This makes it so you have to both get a true roll on a screech and get it on a day that a zone is active that you have not been to before - and this is why many people are not seeing screeches for many days at a time after getting the first 2 quickly. You need to get pretty lucky to roll good on both the event (which seems to be in the area of 1/5 to 1/2 chance) and the zone has to be active that day.

Compounding these issues is that about 3 or so weeks ago, the "touched" moonstones flag was bugged and resetting every day along with the event flag. So if you touched a moonstone before that hotfix, it reset the following morning with the screech (a bug reported in beta). This bug was hotfixed with no notice.

What this means for you is that the event is completely random, and there is nothing you can do except hope you roll well each day until the stars align.

Ayleena
Honored

Post by Ayleena » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:20 pm

I finally got my third screech yesterday (feralas), 11 days after my second one. I'm loving the new skin!

Setah

Post by Setah » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:01 pm

I finally got my 3rd one yesterday too (Hinterlands). The skin looks pretty cool, but it changes the noises of your attacks to something between a cat and an irritated rattlesnake lol. It's rather odd.

Twitchys
Honored

Post by Twitchys » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:14 am

I also got my third stone (Hinterlands) on Saturday. It makes me wonder if a fix went through that cleared up the previous stone history, since Hinterlands was the last stone I had touched before the hotfix. Eh, either way I guess it's time to start doing WQs as feral!