Pre-raid trinkets

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Quicksilver

Pre-raid trinkets

Post by Quicksilver » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:12 am

Hello, Ive been doing some dps tests with a variety of trinkets I've come across and want to get some opinions on these 3 trinkets:
Tempered Egg of Serpentix
Chaos Talisman
Tirathon's Betrayal

I have these 3, along with a agi/crit trinket at 840 or higher. I've done some testing and over 3 minutes their doesnt seem to be that much difference between them.
Tempered Egg seems to have a very low proc rate, however when I ran my gear through Mr Robot it says that I should be using that one.
The icy veins feral guide lists Chaos Talisman as BiS (other than Fan), but its loaded with our "worst" stat, haste.
Any thoughts on what I should be using and why?
As I said.. its hard to really see much of a difference on the training dummy.

Oronare
Honored

Re: Pre-raid trinkets

Post by Oronare » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:51 pm

Also wondering this, I have Betrayal and Talisman mythic, but also some static agi/crit and agi/haste trinkets at 840 (almost 1000 crit/haste, and about the same amount of Agi as Betrayal)

Wondering if the procs on those two make up for losing almost 1000 crit and haste, or if there are any other options.

Shakrane

Post by Shakrane » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:31 am

I'm also really interested, i can't find a clear answer on this question.
Tempered Egg of Serpentix though, the proc is doing really low dmg. I can't see it as a valuable trinket but i might be wrong.

ex1t

Post by ex1t » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:19 am

first of all, the chaos talisman gives you a shitload of agi, which is still by far your best stat.

in terms of the icy veins list: in my opinion, simcrafting trinkets is quite accurate and can be trusted, if your unsure with the trinkets you have, just simcraft them and compare

Harleking

Post by Harleking » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:29 am

Is it still that good though? It has Haste on it and I mean it needs some time to built up and there are also several bossfights where you lose many stacks e.g:

Shivermaw
Lord Ravencrest
Heja (or whatever she is called)
Glazer

and so on. Didn't test it yet, but how long does it take to get at least 15 stacks? On Mythic Dungeons most bosses last only ~1min.

Also its not that great on Trash. Trash will mostly be dead before you got enough agility to surpass other trinkets like Hunger of the Pack or Memento of Angerboda.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:14 pm

You need to remember that these trinkets are simulated based on raid boss fights lasting between 3-6 minutes, is single target and 100% uptime. It will not always lend itself to speed dungeon runs.