7.1 change

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Oronare
Honored

7.1 change

Post by Oronare » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:26 pm

"Tiger's Fury Instantly restores 60 (old) 20 (new) Energy, and increases the damage of all your attacks by 15% for their full duration. Lasts 8 sec. Druid - Feral Spec. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.
Tiger's Fury (New) Tiger's Fury generates an additional 40 energy. Druid - Feral Spec."

Does anyone know how exactly this will affect us? Depending on how quickly we gain that extra 40 energy will it even feel like there has been a change?

Cantor (Shredable)
Honored

Re: 7.1 change

Post by Cantor (Shredable) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:51 pm

It almost reads like they're giving TF to other specs, but making it only generate 20 energy, while it stays at 60 for Feral. I kind of doubt that's the case, but that's how it reads. Either way, chances are you won't notice a change at all.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:44 am

Sweet, Travel Form will be useful once again! (7.1 is adding back the Glyph of Travel.)

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:23 am

Cantor (Shredable) wrote:It almost reads like they're giving TF to other specs, but making it only generate 20 energy, while it stays at 60 for Feral. I kind of doubt that's the case, but that's how it reads. Either way, chances are you won't notice a change at all.
Yeah, the other option would be you get TF at an earlier level and it goes from 20->60 at some point in the leveling process. They did mess with a lot of leveling stuff.

I'm pretty bummed at Healing Touch being replaced by Regrowth. It's just worse in just about every way. If you're healing yourself up, the HoT portion doesn't really function and thus does less total healing than on live (194k live vs 169k + 29k over 12s PTR). Even if you get Healing Touch with Resto affinity, it heals for less now (194k live vs 150k PTR).

I'm pretty sure this was all intentional to reduce Druid's off-healing capabilities but still sucks. I mean, the Hot is maybe kinda nice in raids, but 5k per tick is pretty inconsequential.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:52 pm

ShmooDude wrote:Yeah, the other option would be you get TF at an earlier level and it goes from 20->60 at some point in the leveling process. They did mess with a lot of leveling stuff.
Ah, yeah, that's probably it, it looks a lot of abilities are being made such that you get the base ability at one point and then various additional properties later.
ShmooDude wrote:I'm pretty sure this was all intentional to reduce Druid's off-healing capabilities but still sucks.
Yeah . . . our off-healing capabilities which were already massively nerfed with the loss of Nurturing Instinct, and DoC, and Rejuv in form, etc. :( Sometimes I can't even see my health bar move when I use a PS HT.

Minibubble
Honored

Post by Minibubble » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:54 am

Glyph of travel is back? Finally! Still exclusive with cheetah?

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:58 am

At this point I don't care if they buff or nerf our dps/hps, as long as I can never have to wait on cast time for a mount again.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:21 pm

Minibubble wrote:Glyph of travel is back? Finally! Still exclusive with cheetah?
Mmm . . . probably :(
Nich wrote:At this point I don't care if they buff or nerf our dps/hps, as long as I can never have to wait on cast time for a mount again.
Hehe, I know what you mean . . . unfortunately, unlike Flight Form, it's 10% slower than normal mounts (assuming you're in a guild). Not much but just enough to make it feel bad as you slowly fall behind the person running next to you.

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:32 pm

Charging in travel form moves you quicker. Wonder if it's just enough to keep up?

I don't care. I'm a herbalist, so I'm constantly stopping and dismounting and remounting as I travel between world quests :<

(Also, moving faster than mounts? That's what cat form + dash is for! :D)

Sanju

Post by Sanju » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:58 am

Oronare wrote:Does anyone know how exactly this will affect us? Depending on how quickly we gain that extra 40 energy will it even feel like there has been a change?
It doesn't affect us at all.

It was a tooltip change. A lot of spells will have multiple ranks now, so you can get Tiger's Fury at level 10, where it only gives 20 energy, and then at level 60 you can unlock rank 2 which gives 40 extra energy. (I made up those levels, cba looking up the exact levels).