Need help please

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Anoura

Need help please

Post by Anoura » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:36 am

Hello,

Recently I was in the dreamgrove discord asking some questions about feral. I have been playing for some years but I am having trouble with the new talents of mf and sr with jagged wounds. I am having trouble maintaining my uptimes properly and I was told to pool energy more and that should help. I was wondering if there were any suggestions just how to do this? I have been pooling but I still seem to have trouble. I'm not sure I'm doing it properly so if anyone could explain would be most helpful.

Thank you,

Anoura

Quicksilver

Re: Need help please

Post by Quicksilver » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:03 am

The LI and SR build isn't that great for the content we are currently doing. Dungeon bosses don't live long enough for SR and LI/SR/JW is too gear dependent to pull off right now. Try blood scent and incarnation. Predator is good for dungeons too, but blood scent is a great bandaid for mediocre gear. You shouldn't have much trouble topping boss fights and as for trash pulls.. w/e.. let the demon hunters do it.. just rake cleave and thrash on omen.

Anoura

Post by Anoura » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:09 am

Hello again,

At what item lvl should I change my spec to mf and sr? Also how much haste is too much?

Yggsdrasil

Post by Yggsdrasil » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:11 am

For raids, you will definitely want to be running LI and SR.

But if you're focus is dungeons, you can play either set of talent choices. I'm not familiar with the preferred talents for the higher levels of mythic+ (as I am personally tanking those). Since the trash is the biggest issue on mythic+ it may not necessarily be LI/SR so I leave that question to someone else to answer.

The rule of thumb for haste is that once you are not energy starved, you don't need more haste. At 858 ilvl, my haste is 4000. The rotation feels good but I am also looking to drop some haste once better crit/mastery/vers gear drops.

Solushunz

Post by Solushunz » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:30 am

I've been curious about LI/SR as well. The build sims high for me, that's for sure, and I've been able to meet those numbers, but when I sim with BS instead of LI, I get ~4k DPS increase according to the sims.

Is there any explanation to this? I'm wondering if it has to do with having 2/3 points into Feral Power trait, but I thought there was a soft cap of ~40% to warrant using BS? Sorry if I'm lacking understanding here, which is why I'm asking for clarification.

Setah

Post by Setah » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:10 pm

I don't think there's really a crit "cap" per say anymore, it's just a matter of where you feel comfortable. I've found that anywhere above 35-37% crit feels pretty smooth, so I've been aiming to keep around that. When I tried to run with LI/SR/BT/JW at like 32% crit, it was frustrating, but now at 37%, it feels so much better.

For single target raid fights, you'll want to get used to LI/SR/BT/JW, but for dungeons, it's more a matter of taste. I've found that both LI/SotF/BT/JW and Blood Scent/SotF/BT/JW do extremely well in Mythic+ dungeons. I've been running with LI/SotF/BT/JW this week, and we did some +4s and +5s. It was decent enough on trash, especially with smaller pulls, and still performed extremely well on bosses.

In regards to energy pooling, I admittedly am still trying to get better at it too, but I've found that focusing on getting the beefiest bleeds possible helps. This sometimes means hanging on to TF until you're ready to reapply bleeds. This sometimes means pooling up a bit of energy right before hitting AF so you ensure you can hit all your bleeds afterwards (using the single target build). Once you get the timing down on when to reapply your bleeds, the energy pooling almost seems to come naturally. It really just comes down to planning ahead I think.