Potion

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

horoqt

Potion

Post by horoqt » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Yo sup dawgs,

since i read about "Heart of the wild is a good alternative for Dream of Cenarius" back in MoP, i try to dodge icy-veins as much as possible. I couldn't find the answer here, so i decided to open this topic :roll:
So.. icy-veins says: Flask of the Seventh Demon should be used for raids along with Potion of Deadly Grace as your potion of choice (with Potion of the Old War not far behind).

Is this correct? Potion of Deadly Grace is better than Potion of Old War?

Thanks in advance <3

ex1t

Re: Potion

Post by ex1t » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:41 pm

my guild tested both pre-pots.
the old war potion seems to be absolute garbage, it does like 400k dmg per pot and is hella bugged.
with potion of deadly grace a DH in my guild did 5mil dmg on boss in rnd hc with the potion proccs alone.

horoqt

Post by horoqt » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:51 pm

Hey,

thanks for the quick reply :D
Simcraft uses Deadly Grace aswell so i guess i'll stick with it.

Dinosawr

Post by Dinosawr » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:38 am

I keep hearing the Old War potion is bugged too, but our Ret Pally was using it last night and it was doing over 6 million damage by itself on each pull. I'm not sure if that's a bug with the potion, the damage meter, or what. Still waiting to see if someone's going to upload logs from last night. If not, I'll be running logs on our next raid night to try and track it better.

I want to try the potions, but they cost 5k gold each on my server right now. Gonna wait for it to die down a bit before experimenting.

Edit - I just saw on Wowhead that it's been hotfixed lastnight/this morning. People are getting 2mill+ dmg out of it on target dummy testing. I wonder how it interacts with bleeds?

Dinosawr

Post by Dinosawr » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Okay so someone did upload logs from our fight. This is a snapshot of our Ret Pally's dmg on our Ursoc kill. He used the potion on pull, so he didn't sync it up with Bloodlust, and he only used one. 5.39 mill dmg from one potion is crazy, I'll be trying them out next raid.

Firnafth

Post by Firnafth » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:12 am

I've gotten about 5M damage per use of Old War by using it during Berserk. Item level was about 848.

Dewgy

Post by Dewgy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:01 am

They hotfixed Old war yesterday to be comparable with deadly grace now. Doesn't feel like either one has a particular edge now for melee

ex1t

Post by ex1t » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Dewgy wrote:They hotfixed Old war yesterday to be comparable with deadly grace now. Doesn't feel like either one has a particular edge now for melee
really? i did some more testing after they fixed the old war potion, deadly grace does like 2mil dmg and old war does 5mil dmg for me right now

Henshencat

Post by Henshencat » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:20 am

I'm not sure but i think Old war can proc AB, because when i tried out the 2 different pots i had a 40% uptime on AB (only tested burst phase)

I might've been just lucky, gonna try some more

ushisan

Post by ushisan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:31 am

I can confirm that this potion procs AB, because yesterday on our Nythendra kill I had 45% uptime on AB, which on regular basis the best I ever had was 12%-13% uptime.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vJ ... &source=21

Unless someone else can figure out what caused that insane up-time on it, because I feel if the potion caused it, it should count towards the potion damage.

And if this is intended behavior or not.

Chuvisko

Post by Chuvisko » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:17 am

ushisan wrote:I can confirm that this potion procs AB, because yesterday on our Nythendra kill I had 45% uptime on AB, which on regular basis the best I ever had was 12%-13% uptime.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vJ ... &source=21

Unless someone else can figure out what caused that insane up-time on it, because I feel if the potion caused it, it should count towards the potion damage.

And if this is intended behavior or not.
But you only used the potion at the end, so it makes no sense that it contributed to this 40% uptime.