Snorentino - Nightmares World First Feral

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Shorephire

Snorentino - Nightmares World First Feral

Post by Shorephire » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:44 pm

First time poster here.
I've read a lot of different play styles, most notably Tinderhoof's recommended talent builds found at this link here.
*EXCELLENCE* http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classes/d ... al/talents
Most of us may have seen it by now and many have questioned the "Maximum Damage" build. "SR isn't worth the engery", "3,2,1,1,3,2,2 needs 100% uptime in order to come close to sim" etc etc etc...

Here are the logs for Snorentino - A feral druid who made top 3 DPS in last nights World First Heroic Xavius kill.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xP ... &source=11
It's important to note that he only beat 840 Sim by 20k dps, while at an 853 ilvl & Rune buffed (A buff our Sim doesn't have).
The results are very similar and his execution was damn near perfection.
Rake Uptime 97%, RIP Uptime 87%, MF Uptime 95%, SR Uptime 93%. Bite only accouned for 2mil of his 165mil total.

I think this is an excellent demonstration of Ferals Potential this xpac - It isn't easy but it can be done.
Thoughts? Feedback? I'd love to pick everyones brains

Solushunz

Re: Snorentino - Nightmares World First Feral

Post by Solushunz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:31 am

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2H ... uffs=52610

That's my log from last night's kill. ~94% Rip, ~96% Rake, ~99% MF and 88% SR.

Clearly, I didn't get a parse anything like his, and the main difference seems to be prioritizing Rip over SR in my case. If someone who's more adept at looking at logs could look at mine and tell me what I'm doing wrong, I would immensely appreciate it. I snapshotted every chance possible, but also did my best to not let a DoT fall off even if it meant refreshing without a snapshot available.

Snore's log makes me feel as though I need to be a robot to play this class effectively, or run a bot/script for DPS. :(

Shorephire

Post by Shorephire » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:44 pm

This is interesting...
Your stats are damn near the same as Snorentino and you have the Dominion deck. Where is all of the dps he pulled!?

Solushunz

Post by Solushunz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:37 pm

Believe me when I say, I'd love to know as well. I didn't have Deadly Grace potions, so that would have helped, though not that much. My relics are 2 Rake and 1 Berserk. I've legitimately gotten zero Rip relics. I noticed he has a lot of damage over me in Rip/Ashamanes Bite. Otherwise, I really don't know. I've been beating myself up over this all day.

I see there are other ferals in top 10 US guilds who did worse than me by a fair bit (i.e. the stalk and kill parse), so it was relieving to see I'm at least doing better than some in those guilds, but I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong that isn't netting me the 350k DPS or at least over 300k. I'm sure I'm making some errors since I haven't played Feral since early WoD, but I didn't feel like I screwed up to the point of doing 80k DPS less.

Kittyhype

Post by Kittyhype » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:58 am

Guys dont forget its Xavius,
Sorrentino got the 150% dmg buff in the executetime so he can burst really hard
And even when u burst in the beginning and go at 95% in the dream so u have ur cooldowns back just before the dream ends and can burst again then after the dream ends u got ur cooldowns back again so u can burst again and in the execute ur cooldowns rdy again;)

Shizofreniac

Post by Shizofreniac » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:30 am

I saw that he has around 35% crit and 70% mastery, what do you think that would be minimum lvl of crit if we go all mastery?

Best regards!

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:25 pm

Aaaaaand now look at the logs hah. Hunters and Shadow priests dominating multitarget/aoe....and arms warriors totally wrecking everyone on single target.

Solushunz

Post by Solushunz » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Spriest does insane amounts of damage on Xavius with the buff as well. I feel like yeah we're good, but we're also quickly being overshadowed. :(

Unsullied

Post by Unsullied » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:45 am

Solushunz wrote:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2H ... uffs=52610

That's my log from last night's kill. ~94% Rip, ~96% Rake, ~99% MF and 88% SR.

Clearly, I didn't get a parse anything like his, and the main difference seems to be prioritizing Rip over SR in my case. If someone who's more adept at looking at logs could look at mine and tell me what I'm doing wrong, I would immensely appreciate it. I snapshotted every chance possible, but also did my best to not let a DoT fall off even if it meant refreshing without a snapshot available.

Snore's log makes me feel as though I need to be a robot to play this class effectively, or run a bot/script for DPS. :(

Uptime tells us nothing. I did close to Snor but he have better ilvl than me.
I'm pretty sure he just handles the snapshotting better than you atm.
Just check how much damage RIP / RAKE / Ash has done compared to yours.
Im sure he's damage is ALOT higher even if he has casted it the same amount of times.

Just show the logs and we'll find it out easily :)

Bluewulf
Honored

Post by Bluewulf » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:05 am

I can tell you that feral has the potential for far better than whats been shown thus far. You don't need to be a "robot" to achieve it.
Bluewulf (Redwolf/Bluewulf) - Illidan US