question about the new simcraft rankings

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

bacevicius
Honored

question about the new simcraft rankings

Post by bacevicius » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:16 am

I want to know if I am going crazy or did they rank ferals 2 under warlocks? at ivl 840 the damage output is no where near what I can do at 852? I can barely put 180-220k on a raid boss? is something wrong or is that the difference in having all the artifacts finished . I noticed they have completely simmed things with our artifacts all full? which isnt possible right now and at lvl 840? can anyone tell me how they are coming up with over 350K dps?

Dysheki
Revered

Re: question about the new simcraft rankings

Post by Dysheki » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:19 am

Don't look at that. Sim your own character and see where you should be at.

bacevicius
Honored

Post by bacevicius » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:26 pm

well that part im aware of. I am just wondering how a simulation of 12- ILVLS lower comes up with 80k dps more? I am assuming the bottom line of our artifact , which they are using , is really worth that much more dps on a patchwerk, which really again is zero of the bossfights as usual. I just dont really know the penalty for restarting the bottom line for raiding is if I chose to redo all the artifacts from top to the bottom single target/..// The lady dosent say what amount of points your gonna lose before you do it so I cant really tell if id get a gain for raiding or not?

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:24 pm

Ashamane's bite is a really big deal if you don't have it. In my mythic nythandra kill (which I feel I played poorly on so not sure how much you can take from it) it did nearly 13% of my damage. So if you don't have it, get it.

But that's where simming your character can help let you know whether you're playing poorly or you are just making wrong gear/artifact choices.

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:26 pm

You will lose the amount it will take to get your next trait I believe, so just look at what that says.

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:29 pm

Completely random side note: FB was literally last in my damage breakdown. Below neck trinket.

QQ

Dinosawr

Post by Dinosawr » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:19 am

The amount of points you'll lose for respeccing your artifact is equal to what it would cost to put a point into your next trait.

And yes, you should have gone the bottom path - it's way more dps for raiding.

bacevicius
Honored

Post by bacevicius » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:23 am

I read the posts . I am assuming from at legion lauch as we were all deciding to take the top path to get to 110 and quest garbage. So you are confirming it will cose one artifact point to completly switch to the bottom ?? I was wondering the cost cause it dosen't seem to tell you before? also Im about 10K away fromt the double rip last on the line? Although its a 10% chance your saying its actually a big dmg increase for raiding> I am also assuming that the extra TF regen energy will help with the stupidity of the 40 energy savage roar increase they did to us, since nothings going to be changing there anytime soon? I am asking if the cost is just one trait does that mean all full 3 of the trait or just one point? Since I have one point in the bottom line already +2 on the rake the rest went to the top and that shadow thrash does absolutley nothing on my sims unless it dosent show up at all. thrash is still useless and let other aoe classes pull the meters with trash so we can excel at the bosses? Correct?

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:14 pm

I don't understand your point about the top path. No one that I know was advocating the top path in any raiding guide. If they did recommend that it was based on very old information. They changed us back to having a bleed focus at some point in beta.

If you're just 10k away from Ashamane's Bite, just get the 10k and grab that next. It is by far our single largest DPS increase in a trait.

Not that I recommend doing this as I don't know your situation completely, but if you do want to completely reset you lose the cost of your next trait. So when you mouse over a trait that you can get next it tells you how much it will cost. If you reset you will have all of your AP you currently earned minus that amount. It will tell you the amount if you go to talk with the person I believe.