Ashamane's bite

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Aithapie

Ashamane's bite

Post by Aithapie » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:10 am

Hello,

I'm wondering how does Ashamane's bite work.
- I've seen many different length for this debuff on warcraftlog. (from 10 to 16 seconds)
- I've seen it fading simultaneoulsy with rip, even if its total duration was one second.

I'm asking myself if there is a way to improve its uptime ? Reapplying rip before it fades with 100% probability (in the case we have an ashamane's bite) even if it implies losing a ferocious bite seems a good idea.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Re: Ashamane's bite

Post by Tinderhoof » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:14 pm

It is a proc chance to make a copy of your existing Rip. If your Rip only has 1 second left when it procs that is all you get. The only thing you can do about uptime is hit Shred and Rake more as they are the triggers. It really is a crap shoot.

Trepex

Post by Trepex » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:40 am

So to get the most out of it we should pool energy before we apply Rip in order to spam Shred/Rake after we apply it and hopefully get a proc of Ashamane's Rip that is a copy of the newly applied Rip.

Aithapie

Post by Aithapie » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:28 am

Thanks for your answers.
Another question would be : Did anyone tried to make an APL for simulationcraft with Chatoyant Signet legendary ? I think pooling energy to proc Ashamane would be significantly easier. I would be very curious to see some numbers.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:06 pm

The key to remember is that Pooling does not affect the number of Shreds or Rakes you execute. All pooling allows you to do is use them at the most opportune time. Spamming any attack is a recipe to allow stuff like SR and Rip to fall off. Be patient and don't try to force it. The only other suggestion is to keep refreshing at around 7 seconds which is the pandemic threshold. Just don't ever pandemic a BT'd Rip with and un BT'd Rip.

kinnadian

Post by kinnadian » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:08 pm

I use a Weakauras setup to track uptimes and procs.

Anyone know if it is possible to determine if a Rip is BT'd or not using Weakauras?

Also is it worth tracking Ashamane's Rip in a Weakauras setup or does it just happen and gives you whatever DPS increase you get?

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:53 am

It just happens.

Yggsdrasil

Post by Yggsdrasil » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:The only other suggestion is to keep refreshing at around 7 seconds which is the pandemic threshold. Just don't ever pandemic a BT'd Rip with and un BT'd Rip.
In the same vein, I don't want to overwrite a BT+TF rip with a BT rip, correct?

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:42 pm

That depends on the situation. If you are about to be leaving the boss, or you know SR and Rip are sync'd up and you need to refresh one early that's not a big deal. Just remember 50% is way bigger than 15%.

Yggsdrasil

Post by Yggsdrasil » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:48 pm

Cool, that was my thought too.

I have to wonder now if the math has been done to determine:

If my BT+TF Rip has not procced AB, is there a pandemic range where BT Rip and trying to force an AB is a dps gain on average.