Gearing for more DPS

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

WhyteWidow

Gearing for more DPS

Post by WhyteWidow » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:01 pm

I am avg about 340-375k on most boss pulls but almost all of my sources are stating I need more Haste, Crit and Vers over my mastery. My mastery is just under 50%. This is completely confusing me and I am just looking to push my numbers just a bit higher for next raid night.

Any advice would be helpful. I am not worried about my rotation as I have that part down to a science.

Here is my armory if that helps. Not sure if there is a general rule I am not following concerning my gear.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ama/simple

Ancihcaor

Re: Gearing for more DPS

Post by Ancihcaor » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:46 pm

why is it confusing?
if you avoid haste like the plague and stack other stats, the value of those stats you stack will lower and the value of haste will increase until it becomes eventually your best stat.

WhyteWidow

Post by WhyteWidow » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:49 am

It is confusing because I am not sure where the sweet spot is for each stat. With the legendary and the BI trinket. I would think that my haste would be just fine at 18% (~30% with BI proc). Yet its still suggesting more haste.

I have no neglected stats. Vers is a bit low but I find it strange that it's all over the place on suggestions.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:45 pm

You really need to not focus on finding a "sweet spot". Swapping a piece of gear out is not going to consistently swing your numbers in a noticeable way. For Ferals more than it has ever been in the past Ilvl is king. If you have the same ilvl between than sim it. We aren't like mages where Crit is just so much better than Int.

If you are focused on trying to Rank, it's more about luck and situation than anything in your control gear wise.