need advice for heroic /mythic dps

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

bacevicius
Honored

need advice for heroic /mythic dps

Post by bacevicius » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:42 am

Does anyone have a problem with an opener to push max dps with old war etc ? I am not sure at what time to press savage roar and I ve heard theres a way to get lucky to have PS proc on the first rip with rake and pots active. I just cant seem to figure out the optimal opener. I also have a question on ashamanes bite? Does that count as a melee with a BT proc up? Do I get the 50% dmg increase using it on a BT proc? i have heard yes and no? What I am asking for is what is the best opener to get the max dmg wtih zerk LI, JW and BT. My damage is like below `10th place until 3 or 4 mins in a fight and it has to be like ursoc , *single target..... AOE fights put be at the bottom of the list since they havent bothered to fix us on that problem. If Tinderhoof reads this please post your opener. and whether or not the ovale is working with this new regrowth replacement for HT. I am aware of LI padding to wait on using BT on rake and rip but unfortunatley im only 861 having not played in a few weeks. and my relics. the worst possible. 2 for ferocious bite instead of the rip ones *which im sure is way better^. But I took them for the ivl increase on my weapons. can you advise me on what to do for relics that add rip bounus and rake bounus since they are way more valuable that 5 FB bonus *since FB hits like a murloc..... useless..... however I am assuming the ILVL of the artifacts is better since it boost the weapon ivl???

Mickies

Re: need advice for heroic /mythic dps

Post by Mickies » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:01 pm

First question: do you have the legendary feet? it changes it a bit.
The first rotation below will get you a guaranteed BT buffed rake, AF, and rip. its really the only way unless you wanna gamble and try to get that lucky SR proc.
The second rotation is what I've seen top ferals doing with the pouncers (I was lucky enough to get them as my first legendary so this is what I do too but I am by no means geared but still perform in the 90th+ percetile for my ilvl when I log.)

Without legendary feet:

Regrowth
Prowl
Pot
Rake
Moonfire
(Berserk/TF when out of energy during these shreds)
Shred to 5CP
SR
Shred to 2 CP
Regrowth
AF
Rip

and with that, your big 3 are BT buffed, this will change once you get the legendary feet to something like:

Regrowth
Prowl
Pot
Rake
MF
SR
Berserk/TF
AF
Shred to 5CP
Regrowth (this is either from your legendary feet unless u have bad timing, or from lucky PS proc from a 2-3CP SR)
Rip
Rake (if Nelf do the shadowmeld trick)
shred to 5CP (moonfire when needed to refresh)
Regrowth
SR
Shred to 5CP
Regrowth
FB

you say Ashamanes bite in the beginning but to me the context makes it seem like u mean ashamanes frenzy
ashamanes frenzy is buffed by BT

if u actually meant bite, I think that Ashamanes Bite is based off of the rip it procs on, so you cant buff Ashamanes Rip with BT but you can buff the actual Rip it triggers from and therefore have a buffed AR. i would test this real quick but im at work for the next 24 hrs