Legendary decision - opinion

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Qpa

Legendary decision - opinion

Post by Qpa » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:43 pm

Hi feral druid friends,

i just wanted to gather some of your opinions.

I was "very" lucky and got my forth legendary.

- Boots
- Both Rings
- Neck

So the Boots are set but -
I don't have a clear opinion on the Ring. How do you rate the +100 energy bonus? Kinda useless except for the pull and some downtimes where you can gather up to 200 energy.

What I'm bothering with is, that my non legendary neck is the just 850 but with BiS Stats (http://www.wowhead.com/item=137311/chai ... e-model-as)
As non legendary rings I have Val'kyr Ascension Signet (865) and Band of Twisted Bark (880)

The combination Legendary Neck + both the non legendary rings are simmed with 8k more then the non legendary neck with +100 Energy Ring and Val'kyr Ring.

If I get a better non legendary neck the ring will pull ahead but at the moment im not sure.
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/g ... Qpa/simple

Hope to get some of your opinions (:

kind regards

Qpa

Re: Legendary decision - opinion

Post by Qpa » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:38 am

so Blizzards tells me that the bug where you have higher chance of getting a legendary after another one is fixed? Got the belt now.

Don't believe this. Feelsbadman for those who are playing much more and got like 2-3...
For me its 33days play / 5 legendaries where the first two and last two are within 24 hours.

But the ring feels very nice to play.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Hx ... amage-done

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:57 am

Gz with 5 items... and a nice log even without flask and food :P but u have put some time into it as i see u have 41 traits

IMO:
The leggy system is broken,

we got socials and alts with more leggy than me, i have 2, i know at start i wasnt busy mythic+++ and all , but i step up my game, and get nothing....

Qpa

Post by Qpa » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:58 am

Hi thanks for the "tip" with flask etc :D
But it was just a logging error because not all logs were uploaded. Now they are included ^^

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:49 am

ahh ;) nice log gz

Cluey
Honored

Post by Cluey » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:39 pm

I got the 100 energy ring as my second and I've found it plays really nicely. Way better than I was expecting and I've found myself getting to over 100 energy fairly frequently on bosses with movement or downtime.

The first one I got was the bracers, I remember being a little disappointed at the time but I've also found they play much better than I expected. I like the 23y range as I can gather more mobs up doing WQ and actually AoE them down!

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:48 pm

All I have is the retarded chest legendary that buffs movement speed and self healing (since i play with resto affinity), but I ran into another druid who had ring and gloves. Said the ring is great because it's basically takes the Feral tax out of the equation. Normally, when we fuck up in our rotation, it can be extremely punishing, but with the ring, and proper energy pooling, it makes those mistakes far less punishing.

Cantor (Shredable)
Honored

Post by Cantor (Shredable) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:14 pm

Konungr wrote:All I have is the retarded chest legendary that buffs movement speed and self healing (since i play with resto affinity), but I ran into another druid who had ring and gloves. Said the ring is great because it's basically takes the Feral tax out of the equation. Normally, when we fuck up in our rotation, it can be extremely punishing, but with the ring, and proper energy pooling, it makes those mistakes far less punishing.
That chest is awesome, why would you bother with Resto Affinity if you're a PvE Feral? Take Balance Affinity (massive boost to multi-dotting potential and generally helps with not standing in crap) or Bear Affinity if there's unavoidable damage. With the chest + Balance Affinity I get a 12.5 yard melee range, 7.5 yards greater than most melee.

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:35 pm

Cantor (Shredable) wrote:
Konungr wrote:...
That chest is awesome, why would you bother with Resto Affinity if you're a PvE Feral? Take Balance Affinity (massive boost to multi-dotting potential and generally helps with not standing in crap) or Bear Affinity if there's unavoidable damage. With the chest + Balance Affinity I get a 12.5 yard melee range, 7.5 yards greater than most melee.
Because I'm deployed and don't get to do the kind of content that makes using Balance affinity viable. Most of my feral time is open world where resto affinity is damn near mandatory. Besides, as awesome as the extra 5 meter range is, I doubt that extra 2.5 meters is better than free Pred Swift procs, 40%+ Combo Points, or 100 extra energy...

Cluey
Honored

Post by Cluey » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:31 am

Konungr wrote:
Cantor (Shredable) wrote:
Konungr wrote:...
Because I'm deployed and don't get to do the kind of content that makes using Balance affinity viable. Most of my feral time is open world where resto affinity is damn near mandatory. Besides, as awesome as the extra 5 meter range is, I doubt that extra 2.5 meters is better than free Pred Swift procs, 40%+ Combo Points, or 100 extra energy...
I spend most of my time doing solo world stuff and still run Balance Affinity, I've been told I need to run resto for solo stuff but I'm just not finding that. Initially soloing things, like Spine of Deathwing, I noticed that the 3% heal from resto was helping but this was before the levelling process.
Now nothing old world can really hurt unless you try and make it. Of the new content there might be a couple of areas where it might keep you alive but you're better off just swapping to bear spec for them, or finding other people doing the same WQ.

I guess if I was more organised I'd just swap it each time I joined a group or raid, but I'm not. I know my weaknesses so I just leave it in group spec.
Does being deployed keep you out of five man stuff or just raids?

Either way it's all choice but I suspect you'll find that it isn't as needed as you think it is. If it's just for downtime between WQ grab yourself some Fighter Chow. This food is my favourite food they've added, it's especially good for a mage alt doing solo WQ.