7.1.5 Mythic+ Talent Build

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

stormstrikeFM

7.1.5 Mythic+ Talent Build

Post by stormstrikeFM » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:24 pm

With some changes in 7.1.5 what will you be running in Mythic+, what level and why?

With the rip relic nerfs I will likely be looking to get rake relics as it would see more use on trash.
I am looking at Brutal Swipe as a potential option now with its reduced CD but I'm not sure it would be effective enough in 10+ to warrant using.

I will likely run with:
Predator
Balance Aff
Displacer (even with the nerf)
SR
BT/BS

Madsun

Re: 7.1.5 Mythic+ Talent Build

Post by Madsun » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:59 pm

Hard to say, I even did a brief test on dummies with Sabertooth over Jagged Wounds and they performed about the same. Multi target rake may just come ahead if you have the right relics i've currently got 2xrip and 1 rake so only 1 to go :D
Brutal slash has had a big buff with haste i'm recharging at 10.9 seconds or 9.75 with instinct (880) proc.
That being said, using pouncers i've just found that in almost all situations (except for like a kromog hands) blood talons wins out.
My issue with Predator is that at higher levels mobs aren't dying nearly as quickly especially if you've got bolstering.
I feel like getting strong, consistent bleeds and making the most of our ST dmg still feels like the best play for me.
Moment of clarity for all the extra buffed thrashes on trash also seems ok.
Also, my crit has dropped significantly in % so at 7300 rating i'm only 28%, that sounds like a big buff to Blood Scent.

kattengustaf

Post by kattengustaf » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:21 pm

I guess my build will stay as the same except 100 talent.

Predator>Renewal>Balance Affinity>Typhoon>Savage Roar>Jagged Wounds> Bloodtalons/Moment of Clarity, but maybe brutal slash will be a good talent, I dunno for now.

Thermight

Post by Thermight » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:38 pm

Before 7.1.5, this strategy worked very well:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 821#post-5

But with recent changes it feels like it is not working as well. I have not really gotten a chance to analyze why.

But someone mentioned practicing on dummies. I don't see how one can check AoE dps on a dummy when it doesn't die with a bleed (I guess you're not using Predator talent or any gear with similar requirement)

Anyway I am curious what new strategy will ensure a good 1M+ dps in packs of Mythic++ trash now that allows Feral Druids to compete with those classes that have AoE so easy.

Madsun

Post by Madsun » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:18 am

Brutal Slash is working out pretty well unless it's bolstering or fortified.

Eqúinox

Post by Eqúinox » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Messing around with it and ran Predator / JW / Brutal Slash, was able to go anywhere from 1.2mil to 2.1 million aoe but at the cost of ST.

Circa

Post by Circa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:39 am

Have tried Brutal Slash but it feels soooo sloowwww, maybe it's just my gear but I'm forever pooling and I don't have enough energy to maintain rake on more than 2/3 mobs let alone SR or even dream of throwing some rips out.

I'm enjoying SoTF as a much spammier alternative but then, I only have the gloves leg. Standard ST build but swapping SR for SoTF - thrash, swipe to 5, BT > rip > rake > swipe > switch target BT > rip > rake > swipe and so on. I refresh Thrash when I need to, make sure every rake/rip is BT'd and just swipe in between to get to 5 combo points. I TF on CD and can get a full 5CP rip/rake combo on 2 mobs before it drops.

With glove procs and clearcasting/crits on swipe I'm always at 5 CP at worst after 2 swipes and rarely need to pool at all, if I do it's for a rip which puts me back to healthy energy or TF might be up to help. I can sustain ~420k AoE indefinitely on the 3 target dummy no pots and lose about 30-40k ST DPS at ilvl 860, doing about 280-300k ST dps and it's way easier than the standard build so for mythic+ i feel it's worth the trade off as the 30/40k isn't missed on bosses but the extra AoE is for sure.

Aliandren

Post by Aliandren » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:20 pm

I think there aren't a lot of fights that really like up with 3 target sustained cleave that will benefit from sotf build.

Priority add aoe into St is the common setup. In that case predator brutal slash is much better. Unfortunately is still way worse than moonkin aoe build at both aoe and St.

Sotf build probably only better on bolstering weeks, otherwise the packs are so big brutal slash will often be king.

Metan

Post by Metan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:00 am

I run with: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/D ... n/advanced
Predator
Balance Aff
Displacer
SR
BS

and last i have 500k total in +9 azsara with bolstering and owerflowing. Are those numbers ok?

It was easy 3chest run but my guild mates warior and dk are like 600+ :(

do you have any tips how to perform my total?

Edit: i done +15 in time blackrook with 619k total. Iam not on top but this is good numbers in my eyes.