Feral legendaries 7.1.5

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

wanderlust

Feral legendaries 7.1.5

Post by wanderlust » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm

Alright,

So I've been fairly lucky with my legendaries so far. I have clutch, chatoyant signet, and the belt.
Before the patch, I was using the ring and clutch... and those two combined were awesome, but the stats on both absolutely suck. Crit/haste, and I have 15% haste because I have a couple other pieces of gear with haste on them as well. And now with the nerf to clutch, well this particular build seems a bit lackluster. So my question is, which of the legendaries should I be using now? I was thinking clutch and the waist, but the effect on the waist seems... meh. Seems more like a stat stick than anything, but I figured getting rid of some haste and redistributing to mastery would probably be a good thing.

I am running 31% crit/15% haste/53% mastery.... let me know what you guys think.

Oronare
Honored

Re: Feral legendaries 7.1.5

Post by Oronare » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:14 am

I would still use the ring and clutch.

The waist gives about 2-3% dps, honestly the combo points would be better in my opinion...even with bad stats.

Metan

Post by Metan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:20 am

hi, i was in NH last night and iam thinking about only one think...

honestly, what a massive amount of trash while every boss fight. I just need the Luffa wrist!

I have 100energy ring, 90perc waist and bubble neck.

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:27 am

I just got the boots, and I'm finding them with the bracers are a nice combo.

If I got the gloves, I'm not sure which I'd pick to go together: maybe boots/gloves now, but after i start getting tier bonuses, I'd want bracers in that mix.

Alindh

Post by Alindh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:49 pm

I have noticed that the Pouncers performed really well on logs at least in EN and ToV.

Being listed as the top performing legendary on, if not all, the majority of fights.
This is interesting since they do not seem to be simming that high right?

Have not gotten them yet but will probably switch to boots + poucers before the 4p bonus.
Will hurt my heart to lose the 100+ energy from ring though...

Metan

Post by Metan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:37 pm

hi, i just complete first Distilled titan essence and i dont know.. wich legendary item will be my first 940. I have Chatoyant + Cinidaria.
I really like Chatoyant (i can this ring + hands in future) but Cinidaria has agility, and upgrade will be more powerfull for now.

in bag i have Prydaz and Maimers.

Aliandren

Post by Aliandren » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Honestly the Mainers are probably your best bet and using them with belt. The ring is qol joy but the stats on a 940 Maimers are going to be amazing. Just squeeze maim in sometime after frenzy when you're in cleave situations.

Metan

Post by Metan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:26 pm

i will try maimers in some NH fights.. what about Botanist, he has nice 2 target in 3rd phase. Will it works? if they are imune to stun?

Aliandren

Post by Aliandren » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:04 pm

Metan wrote:i will try maimers in some NH fights.. what about Botanist, he has nice 2 target in 3rd phase. Will it works? if they are imune to stun?
yes you'll still get the damage, from what i understand it's not worth using ST but 2 target it's a slight gain and 3 target it's pretty good. A lot of the benefit to having them is just sheer 940 stat weight on crit/mastery in a leg slot. Tons of stats - same thing with the chest, though your maimers have some niche damage gain whereas the chest gives you the utility to have 14 yard melee attack range and +10% mvoe speed.

Metan

Post by Metan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:16 am

like i sad i try the maimers + belt on botanist
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jr ... e&source=9

i see maim sit on 3% like belt. but honestly, this is so crazy fight, lot of swap, lot of lost dmg while switching to adds.

but i need help with rotation if anyone know the most effective rotation with maimers?

edit: know i see this is maim buff after ashmanes frenzy, so its not need press directly after ashmanes. well this is news for me :D

Aliandren

Post by Aliandren » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Yeah it's pretty much just replacing a bite anytime in between 2 frenzy casts. So you gained 1.66% damage vs. Using those combo points on bites. Pair that with the huge stats vs. Something like the energy ring and its even higher. It's not a bad legendary on cleave fights like botanist but it's not great on ST.

Metan

Post by Metan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:36 pm

yes, maimers + enegy ring is quite good combo for mythic +. i have court of star+13 and done it to 2chest with 530k total. Its not bad.

Solushunz

Post by Solushunz » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:51 am

I just got the Pouncers tonight, and I also have TWC/Symbiote.

I'm trying to get used to the Pouncers + TWC combo, but I'm not sure how I should be best utilizing the extra stacks of PS.

One issue I'm unsure of is should I be utilizing extra stacks during Berserk/Incarn, or just allow them to stack and use as I would normally? Losing a GCD to Regrowth during those CD's feels bad.

Outside of Berserk/Incarn, am I just using the extra stacks of PS (for BT) on Shreds/Bites, when possible? I've been trying to keep 1-2 stacks and not cap, but then the rotation starts to feel pressured, as if I need to spam abilities more often, but the energy doesn't keep up with the amount of PS stacks I'm getting while pooling, and things become just bad.

I guess what I'm asking is should I only be weaving in extra PS stacks when I would normally go to spend energy, while still pooling? How bad is it if they overstack?

Circa

Post by Circa » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:05 am

Solushunz wrote:I just got the Pouncers tonight, and I also have TWC/Symbiote.

I'm trying to get used to the Pouncers + TWC combo, but I'm not sure how I should be best utilizing the extra stacks of PS.

One issue I'm unsure of is should I be utilizing extra stacks during Berserk/Incarn, or just allow them to stack and use as I would normally? Losing a GCD to Regrowth during those CD's feels bad.

Outside of Berserk/Incarn, am I just using the extra stacks of PS (for BT) on Shreds/Bites, when possible? I've been trying to keep 1-2 stacks and not cap, but then the rotation starts to feel pressured, as if I need to spam abilities more often, but the energy doesn't keep up with the amount of PS stacks I'm getting while pooling, and things become just bad.

I guess what I'm asking is should I only be weaving in extra PS stacks when I would normally go to spend energy, while still pooling? How bad is it if they overstack?
Think of it this way - screwing your rotation is a guaranteed DPS loss. Letting the stacks cap means you are not capitalising on the maximum gain from the boots but you're not technically losing DPS. Treat the extra stacks like you would FB - use them as often as you can, when it is safe to do so without jeopardising the rotation (i.e when pooling). I have the gloves as well and there are definitely times during the rotation where I am pooling/waiting and the GCD on a regrowth won't hurt my rotation. You have ~20 seconds to use the stacks so cast it way early if you need to, you'll definitely use it and whatever you use it on will be a DPS gain.