https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752582359#1

Metan

Re: Rejoice

Post by Metan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:11 am

nice to hear ;) 8% sounds good.

Chidori

Post by Chidori » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:45 am

Designer Notes: Feral's playstyle feels good, but isn't putting up the numbers that it should be, so we're giving them an across-the-board damage buff.
When they say "playstyle feels good" are they inferring they actually play it? I find it hard to believe anyone would say "this omen change feels good". At least they didn't trot out the usual "niche" excuse and walk away. Anything that means I can possibly not play balance is good :)

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:30 am

Until the secondary changes in 7.1.5 that saw us loose a bunch of crit, I thought feral was playing pretty nice. I guess it still is, it's just the big drop in crit kind of screwed their philosophy of it being so high at the start of 7.0 as a QOL fix.

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:44 am

Chidori wrote:
Designer Notes: Feral's playstyle feels good, but isn't putting up the numbers that it should be, so we're giving them an across-the-board damage buff.
When they say "playstyle feels good" are they inferring they actually play it? I find it hard to believe anyone would say "this omen change feels good". At least they didn't trot out the usual "niche" excuse and walk away. Anything that means I can possibly not play balance is good :)

If the Omen change is bothering you, then you weren't playing properly prior to the patch. The OoC change simply removes the possibility of wasting the proc on a lesser ability.

Chidori

Post by Chidori » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:13 am

Konungr wrote:
Chidori wrote:

If the Omen change is bothering you, then you weren't playing properly prior to the patch. The OoC change simply removes the possibility of wasting the proc on a lesser ability.
If you have 2 set and 4 set for a very minor (I presume) dps increase vs the quality of life and a very slight forgivingness of mistakes. Unless you don't think the playstyle is not unforgiving? Of course before the patch there was no way to "use" OoC as trash was still a dps loss even when "free". Not sure how I was using it improperly before therefore?

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:29 am

Chidori wrote:...
If you have 2 set and 4 set for a very minor (I presume) dps increase vs the quality of life and a very slight forgivingness of mistakes. Unless you don't think the playstyle is not unforgiving? Of course before the patch there was no way to "use" OoC as trash was still a dps loss even when "free". Not sure how I was using it improperly before therefore?

Prior to 7.1.5 the only time you ability you should use your OoC procs on was Shred for Single Target, or Thrash/Swipe if there were enough mobs up. To use it on anything else is a waste, this patch simply made it to where you couldn't waste it on the other abilities. So, if you were using it properly prior to patch, there wasn't any chance. I didn't even notice it had changed until someone on here was talking about it and i had to go test it out to see... Learn your spec and changes like this won't matter...

Whitepaw
Honored

Post by Whitepaw » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:09 pm

I believe some were using it for savage roar

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:46 pm

I've noticed that if I cast ferocious bite with clearcast up and <50 energy, it does full damage while only consuming 25 energy (and not consuming the clearcast), but doesn't trigger predatory swiftness.

It also breaks my target (but not player) combo point display until I hit 5 CP again, but I'm not sure if that's just my addons.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Konungr wrote:If the Omen change is bothering you, then you weren't playing properly prior to the patch. The OoC change simply removes the possibility of wasting the proc on a lesser ability.
Konungr wrote:Learn your spec and changes like this won't matter...
I'm not sure if condescension is justified here; as I alluded to in another thread—and I think you agreed if I remember correctly—using OoC on a cheaper ability could potentially be better than wasting it entirely by letting it sit unused and get overwritten by another OoC. Even if it doesn't get overwritten, letting it sit unused for a while just feels bad because of the awareness of the possibility of it getting overwritten.

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Istaro wrote:
Konungr wrote:If the Omen change is bothering you, then you weren't playing properly prior to the patch. The OoC change simply removes the possibility of wasting the proc on a lesser ability.
Konungr wrote:Learn your spec and changes like this won't matter...
I'm not sure if condescension is justified here; as I alluded to in another thread—and I think you agreed if I remember correctly—using OoC on a cheaper ability could potentially be better than wasting it entirely by letting it sit unused and get overwritten by another OoC. Even if it doesn't get overwritten, letting it sit unused for a while just feels bad because of the awareness of the possibility of it getting overwritten.

There is no condescension, simply stating the facts. Yes, the possibility of wasting a second OoC proc is there, but given that there are a maximum of 4 abilities you could need to refresh and 2 of them are finishers, you have a maximum of 3 GCDs of window where you have that situation occur. Proper pooling and attention to timers will alleviate most of that possibility. Learning the spec and playing the optimal playstyle will prevent the OoC change from having a negative impact on performance. There is no shame in not knowing or in making mistakes, everyone is new at some point. I've been raiding progression Feral since Wrath, it's a difficult spec to master, and things are constantly changing. I just got Pouncers today and I'll be the first to tell you, it's KICKING MY ASS. I can't begin to explain how many PredSwiftness and BloodTalon procs I have wasted just due to the increased tempo, less empty GCDs to wait on energy...

Aliandren

Post by Aliandren » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Konungr wrote:
Chidori wrote:

It needs to stack to 2-3 for it to feel OK. I hate sitting on it and letting me charges overwrite.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:02 pm

So, i take it, Rake relics still better than rip ones after this buff goes live ?

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:13 pm

Konungr wrote:Yes, the possibility of wasting a second OoC proc is there, but given that there are a maximum of 4 abilities you could need to refresh and 2 of them are finishers, you have a maximum of 3 GCDs of window where you have that situation occur. Proper pooling and attention to timers will alleviate most of that possibility.
Just a note, although maybe this is getting off the thread topic: the length of time for which you could have to sit on an OoC proc maxes out at 3 GCDs if you always have as much energy as you need, but add in waiting for energy and it could be significantly more. Ideally, you wouldn't want to let that happen, but you don't always have a choice with all the complexities in Legion (e.g. maybe you're not pooling energy because you're expecting a TF refresh from Predator at any moment and you don't want to waste any of the excessive amount of energy TF gives now). I'm sure I'm unavoidably wasting an average of one or two OoC procs per Mythic+, which is only a very tiny DPS loss relative to before the OoC change, but my beef with the change is the QoL decrease.

Dewgy

Post by Dewgy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:26 am

Hm I wonder if it will be enough? Thank god for something though. Moonfire gets buffed also, do you think we will switch back to lunar inspiration?

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Emissary wrote:So, i take it, Rake relics still better than rip ones after this buff goes live ?
Yes. Since the damage distribution didn't change Rake is still better at the same ilvl.