Pulling the same DPS on ST as cleave

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Alindh

Pulling the same DPS on ST as cleave

Post by Alindh » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:00 am

Hey,

According to my logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 00/latest/ I am solid on ST rank +95% perf.

But at cleave and aoe I am pulling ~60% perf and even doing worse dps than ST, note that these are all compared with other Ferals.

And last night I played my heart out on Botanist trying to keep up my bleeds on them all while avoiding damage and switching to adds. I really got burned out after that boss, and seeing how much effort I put into it the numbers are not showing.

I know we aren't as good as other classes but I am doing so well ST compared to other Ferals and I completely collapse on cleave and aoe.

How exactly do you cleave as a Kitty?

Fyneas

Re: Pulling the same DPS on ST as cleave

Post by Fyneas » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:28 am

Hi,

Just buy Tomes for changing talents before pulling some bosses that need it, and switch back if encountering a ST boss.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps.

(check the normal difficulty tab)

Nice legendaries of yours.

Metan

Post by Metan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:16 am

alindh: why you gem crit? i really dont understand this legion stats weight.. i look to statistic and first 10ppl od top chart has completely different stats. crit between 22-39%, mastery between 40-67% this is massive amount on percent. Some player has massive haste, like 14% and others has 2%.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:10 am

Metan wrote:alindh: why you gem crit? i really dont understand this legion stats weight.. i look to statistic and first 10ppl od top chart has completely different stats. crit between 22-39%, mastery between 40-67% this is massive amount on percent. Some player has massive haste, like 14% and others has 2%.
Because you can't always farm a BiS set anymore. It's the highest ilvl with not awful stats, because agi is king.

Squanchy

Post by Squanchy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:26 am

Metan wrote:alindh: why you gem crit? i really dont understand this legion stats weight.. i look to statistic and first 10ppl od top chart has completely different stats. crit between 22-39%, mastery between 40-67% this is massive amount on percent. Some player has massive haste, like 14% and others has 2%.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
If you're looking at logs right this second nobody has best in slot. Mythic isn't even out yet, and RNG on titanforges, gems, set pieces, etc with only one week of loot means a lot of people are just using whatever good enough pieces they got. Give it some time and things will settle into something at least a little bit more consistent. Right this moment with the ilvl cap raised a lot of people are just going to be happy to get high ilvl gear because more stats is still more stats.

Ghrell
Honored

Post by Ghrell » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:13 pm

There are a bunch of reasons but to simplify, most people parsing above you are using Luffa Wrappings.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/co ... ource=8,83

In this example it's hard to see unless you watch the replays but he would Thrash/Swipe with 4+ targets in range like when lashers spawned. Additionally because he focused mainly on High Botanist it was apparently less hectic and was able to snapshot the bleeds better. He also managed to get 5 more casts of Rip off and something like 80 additional ticks of Rip. This is likely a combination of Thrash+Wildshapers leading to additional CP generation. The CP generation was actually very similar (280 vs 283) but he wasted 26 fewer CP's. Which seems like where those extra Rip's come from. I would hazard a guess that this is due to the extra pooling you're doing with Chatoyant (and doing it at 5 CP instead of letting Wildshapers proc more) but I could be wrong.

Alindh

Post by Alindh » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Ghrell wrote:There are a bunch of reasons but to simplify, most people parsing above you are using Luffa Wrappings.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/co ... ource=8,83

In this example it's hard to see unless you watch the replays but he would Thrash/Swipe with 4+ targets in range like when lashers spawned. Additionally because he focused mainly on High Botanist it was apparently less hectic and was able to snapshot the bleeds better. He also managed to get 5 more casts of Rip off and something like 80 additional ticks of Rip. This is likely a combination of Thrash+Wildshapers leading to additional CP generation. The CP generation was actually very similar (280 vs 283) but he wasted 26 fewer CP's. Which seems like where those extra Rip's come from. I would hazard a guess that this is due to the extra pooling you're doing with Chatoyant (and doing it at 5 CP instead of letting Wildshapers proc more) but I could be wrong.
Thanks for some useful critique!

Yeah I've thought about that, basically treat it like ST but instead of putting rake on every target use that energy for Rips instead?
Maybe I am not using clutch to its full potential since I am sitting at 5CPs for quite some time waiting for pandemic timers.

Addionally I have become so used to 200 energy (got it day 1 of legion wooh) that everything just feels wrong without it, opener, pooling etc.

Testing it after reset I guess ;)

Alindh

Post by Alindh » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:46 pm

Nich wrote:
Because you can't always farm a BiS set anymore. It's the highest ilvl with not awful stats, because agi is king.
Basically I am just following what MR.Robot tells me, usually the setup robot proposes is what gives me highest sims - which I guess is the whole point of mr robot.
And then there is the aspect of that all of the gear is not optimal no, like my boots that is just a case of not getting the drops or council giving me the upgrades ;).

After i got 54 traits my M+ farm is pretty much nonexistent, the very low chance of getting an upgrade just isn't a strong enough pull for me.

Madsun

Post by Madsun » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:52 pm

A few others have mentioned it but on scorp 100% just need luffa..
I'm running Luffa, chest and brutal slash having no trouble getting 850k dps for that fight but i'll lack on single target where i'll swap luffa out for pouncers. Also, I'd take BS or Predator over LI.

Alindh

Post by Alindh » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:20 pm

Madsun wrote:A few others have mentioned it but on scorp 100% just need luffa..
I'm running Luffa, chest and brutal slash having no trouble getting 850k dps for that fight but i'll lack on single target where i'll swap luffa out for pouncers. Also, I'd take BS or Predator over LI.
Skorp the padlord do not interest me, it is much more interesting to look at fights such as Botanist

Alindh

Post by Alindh » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Update:

Took it a bit easy today, focused on one as it would be ST and as I had excess resources I would spread bleeds across the rest of them.

The fight got a bit chaotic at the end and I dropped it a bit but overall I went from parsing around 60% to over 80%

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jY ... ne&fight=8

Cluey
Honored

Post by Cluey » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:32 am

Alindh wrote:Addionally I have become so used to 200 energy (got it day 1 of legion wooh) that everything just feels wrong without it, opener, pooling etc.

Testing it after reset I guess ;)
Yeah I know that feeling.

I get pretty slack with things, as long as the raid beats the fight and I didn't suck too much I'm happy enough.
I'll use Thrash to reset the CD on TF, with the extra range from Luffa's this is pretty easy. Since I've stopped using the ring it's hard to do that and not cap energy, so I don't think it's working as well.

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:08 am

Can confirm, predator + luffas on a bunch of NH tonight had me ranking a lot higher.

Solushunz

Post by Solushunz » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:30 am

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nH ... amage-done

That's how my Botanist went this week. I ran gloves and symbiote, since those are my best two options right now. Tried to keep 3-5 CP Rips up on each as much as possible, Rake again, as much as possible and used OoC procs on Thrash to get a free bleed up on each Botanist, so that gloves would have a higher chance to proc CPs. <25% the fight gets chaotic trying to micromanage Rip on everything with 1-3 CP bites + keep up SR. At the end I did get a bit sloppy. Two targets is definitely doable with very high Rip/Rake uptime, and again found the CP generation from OoC Thrash to be worth it over a Shred. I could see Botanist being one of our better fights with nearly perfect play and the right legendaries.

Cluey
Honored

Post by Cluey » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:27 am

Yes it isn't bad, it does depend on where the lashers spawn though (if you're using Predator).
Now if only my frame rate didn't drop to the 8-9 region I might not suck so bad.