Latest Legendary changes

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Konungr
Exalted

Latest Legendary changes

Post by Konungr » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Chatoyant Signet - Now also increases your Energy regeneration by 5%.

Schmoo & Tinder: Your thoughts on if this will put the ring on par with Gloves/Belt/Boots?

Metan

Re: Latest Legendary changes

Post by Metan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:40 am

yes! i love that ring... i have wrist with this or belt and its so smooth

Nanaki

Post by Nanaki » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:47 pm

I love the ring, but as we scale so badly with secondary stats and most of our gains are from Agility I'm not sure it will make that much of a difference. I am personally not energy starved during fights with Gloves and Boots.

Tyyr

Post by Tyyr » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:05 pm

Lucky kitty. I'm 6 legendaries deep and yet to get the boots. Mine dropped in this order:

Sephuz's
Clutch
Ekowraith
Prydaz
Maimers
Chatoyant

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Hey, at least you have the clutch. I got

Cinidaria
Prydaz
Ekowraith
Maimers
Luffa

Jacemora

Post by Jacemora » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Cinidaria
Ekowraith
Luffa
Sephuz's

Waiting for 5th

Tyyr

Post by Tyyr » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:56 pm

ShmooDude wrote:Hey, at least you have the clutch. I got

Cinidaria
Prydaz
Ekowraith
Maimers
Luffa
Yeah, I was pretty stoked when it dropped. Mostly deep disappointment when everything else dropped.

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:06 am

Nanaki wrote:I love the ring, but as we scale so badly with secondary stats and most of our gains are from Agility I'm not sure it will make that much of a difference. I am personally not energy starved during fights with Gloves and Boots.
Isn't that basically a function of the gloves? Energy starvation is an issue because it causes your CP generation to stall. Gloves bypass that.

Metan

Post by Metan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:32 am

sure you not have energy problem with hands, lol....

Aliandren

Post by Aliandren » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:51 am

Issue with gloves is it devalues the tier set. Boots bracers for boss + aoe and boots+ belt/pants for st are ideal in NH. Gloves boots will work with t20 though since you'll get energy regen to be able to use all the bloidtalons charges.

Ayleena
Honored

Post by Ayleena » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:50 pm

Mine so far are:

Sephuz
Cinidiara
Clutch
Kiljaedin

Right now I am using gloves for everything, Kiljaedin for aoe fights, belt for st fights.

Cluey
Honored

Post by Cluey » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Konungr wrote:Chatoyant Signet - Now also increases your Energy regeneration by 5%.

Schmoo & Tinder: Your thoughts on if this will put the ring on par with Gloves/Belt/Boots?
So going back to the original posts question, does 5% extra energy regen help it close the ground to the other legendaries?

I'm not skilled enough to change SimC to test this myself, has anyone done that yet?

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:14 pm

Cluey wrote:
Konungr wrote:Chatoyant Signet - Now also increases your Energy regeneration by 5%.

So going back to the original posts question, does 5% extra energy regen help it close the ground to the other legendaries?

I'm not skilled enough to change SimC to test this myself, has anyone done that yet?

So I actually received Chatoyant last night from my Kirin Tor Emmisary. So my 5 Legendaries are: Chest, Bracers, Gloves, Boots, E Ring. For the purposes of testing, I excluded the Bracers and Chest since I am always Single Target on boss full time... So I tested Gloves/Boots, Boots/Ring, and Gloves/Ring. As a side note that had an affect on the results, my Chatoyant has a socket and my Tier gloves have a socket. It's also worth noting that the Gloves and the T19 4PC tend to work against each other...

Below are the SimC results (715-02) from the following legendary combinations:
Gloves/Boots: 684518
Boots/Ring: 684698
Gloves/ring: 668299

Boots/Ring (-2 Sockets): 679634

So Boots/Ring comes out ahead but they are basically a DPS neutral over Gloves/Boots. The 2 additional sockets had a 5k boost to the value of the Boots/Ring combo, but I got lucky on RNG there. Now as far as the practical application of the Ring/Boots combo versus the Gloves/Boots combo... I felt that Ring/Boots was more of a steady rotation, less RNG to worry about and not having to change pooling to 3/4 CPs to avoid wasting Gloves proc...

Not only did I not have to worry about wasting the proc from the Legendary gloves, it also lowered my chances at capping energy during Tiger's Fury (I have 1 Tiger's Fury relic). I like the feel of Boots/Ring rotation without the RNG of the Gloves. It felt less hectic, smoother. With 7.2 and the increased Energy Regen, I think the Ring/Boots will be the combo I take into Tomb of Sargeras, especially when coupled with the T20 2PC.

Aliandren

Post by Aliandren » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:58 am

You should be using bracers on abutting that isn't a pure st fight regardless of whether you change target from the boss. Beavers are the top legendary for nighthold.

You shootout be bracers boots for half fights and probably boots ring for st.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:58 am

I got pretty drastically different results, of course I did things slightly differently and obviously have different gear. Everything was paired with prydaz (didn't feel like making the 30 or so combinations it'd take to measure every combination).

Belt: 738209 dps
Boots: 736898 dps
Maimers : 730463 dps
Gloves: 727483 dps
Luffa : 719280 dps
Signet : 707863 dps
Base: 699972 dps

One thing to note is I use tier in the gloves and rather than switch an off-piece out for tier piece I just forced the 4 piece bonus on. Signet was pretty significantly worse, though it doesn't include the 5% energy regen buff, which I don't really expect to be a lot.

But, that's for single target, multi-target energy actually helps, so its probably really good in those situations.

Furial

Post by Furial » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:09 pm

With the ring I tend to manage higher Ashamane Rip times than the other Feral in my group, which I assume is mainly because I can pool for longer and dish out abilities quicker then. Although still very RNG based, is this something that simcraft takes into account when calculating the DPS gain with the ring?

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Furial wrote:With the ring I tend to manage higher Ashamane Rip times than the other Feral in my group, which I assume is mainly because I can pool for longer and dish out abilities quicker then. Although still very RNG based, is this something that simcraft takes into account when calculating the DPS gain with the ring?
Yes, though the difference isn't huge, 39.2% to 41.2% (5% increase in uptime).

Cluey
Honored

Post by Cluey » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:55 pm

Konungr wrote: Below are the SimC results (715-02) from the following legendary combinations:
Gloves/Boots: 684518
Boots/Ring: 684698
Gloves/ring: 668299

Boots/Ring (-2 Sockets): 679634

So Boots/Ring comes out ahead but they are basically a DPS neutral over Gloves/Boots. The 2 additional sockets had a 5k boost to the value of the Boots/Ring combo, but I got lucky on RNG there. Now as far as the practical application of the Ring/Boots combo versus the Gloves/Boots combo... I felt that Ring/Boots was more of a steady rotation, less RNG to worry about and not having to change pooling to 3/4 CPs to avoid wasting Gloves proc...

Not only did I not have to worry about wasting the proc from the Legendary gloves, it also lowered my chances at capping energy during Tiger's Fury (I have 1 Tiger's Fury relic). I like the feel of Boots/Ring rotation without the RNG of the Gloves. It felt less hectic, smoother. With 7.2 and the increased Energy Regen, I think the Ring/Boots will be the combo I take into Tomb of Sargeras, especially when coupled with the T20 2PC.
I've done the Sims myself as well, it was the 5% haste I was interested in, I've not looked at the core code of Simc.
Even looking at the APL stuff melts my brain, this nickname stuck because I had very sarcastic friends twenty years ago! Sometimes it's accurate and other times it's quite a joke.
However I know my limitations, it would take me way too long to work out the APL's or Simc core for it to be worthwhile to anyone.

I concur about the ring making actual game play much more forgiving.
I've been using the ring for a while now as, while I know a different combo gives a higher Sim result, I know I can't play well enough for it to be worthwhile. I know I'll make errors, at least with the ring I can cover them up or recover a little quicker. With an extra point in Ashamane's Energy soon it will be even more beneficial.

Since my last post I did some simple maths based on logs, it's obviously fight length dependent though. It doesn't really add that much. :(

On tonight's Botanist kill, my first time trying it on heroic and this groups second kill (I think):
http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/v4PhY ... =resources
So 310s not at max energy, 10 energy a second gives us 3100 energy over the fight from normal regen, so 155 extra energy over a 5:15 length fight.
For Elisande:
http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/v4PhY ... =resources
603s not at max energy so ~300 extra energy over a 10:17 length fight.

Having only seen these fights on heroic tonight I learnt a few things:
I need to make sure I'm out of energy at certain points to allow for regen room when I can't be on the target.
Elisande teleporting away is bloody frustrating! Especially if she does it in that small time frame you've got TF/BT overlapping.

I've been very casual for years now - don't hold it against me.
It doesn't mean I don't care about playing well though, so I use Sims, read this forum and look at my logs.

Metan

Post by Metan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:21 pm

what a nice buff today!

i sim my gear and finaly my favourite energy ring is on the top.

Feet + wrist = 718k
Feet + Ring = 722k

before patch, feet + wrist was 20k higher then feet + ring.

I smell mythic krosus kill tonight!
yesterday my sim show something around 660k

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:30 pm

Does simcraft need upgrading? I'm not sure if all of the spell data is stored locally or pulled from online, as far as capturing the 4% buff and other potential changes.