Bloodletter's Frailty

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Warelder

Bloodletter's Frailty

Post by Warelder » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:33 pm

I was wondering if anyone has insight on this new trait. Will this affect our abilities for their full duration? Or only affect them while it's up?
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-03-27-17-31-03-1.png
Screenshot_2017-03-27-17-31-03-1.png (93.96 KiB) Viewed 5137 times

ShmooDude
Exalted

Re: Bloodletter's Frailty

Post by ShmooDude » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Only while its up. Look at TF/SR/BT, they all have specific phrasing to say it works for the full duration.

Lokoth

Post by Lokoth » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:54 pm

Do you think it will apply to bleeds already in place, or only to newly cast abilities?

I'm concerned we're getting a fourth buff to juggle for applying bleeds.

Twitchys
Honored

Post by Twitchys » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:19 am

Anything that's not a specific snapshot buff should update dynamically, including Bloodletter's Frailty. Another example of an ability like this is Feral Instinct (the Berserk artifact trait). That said, I did not test the new trait personally so it could function differently once we get it.

Madsun

Post by Madsun » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:25 am

From what I can tell it just gives you 30% bonus damage for the duration of the buff on the target, think of it as a weaken armour debuff. The thing that got me on this is it specifically says "Targets" affected by your AF... so.. how does it hit multiple targets???

Ayleena
Honored

Post by Ayleena » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:54 pm

Targets might be referring to the bonused damage, so if you have hit swipe or have thrash up during frenzy it will apply the 30% to everyone afflicted.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:08 pm

Ayleena wrote:Targets might be referring to the bonused damage, so if you have hit swipe or have thrash up during frenzy it will apply the 30% to everyone afflicted.
While you have AF up on mob A, hitting mob B with e.g. thrash would not turn mob B into a target of AF.

"Ashamane's Frenzy also increases the damage your Feral abilities deal to afflicted targets by 30%." is simply a more compact and general way to write it than forcing the singular with e.g. "While Ashamane's Frenzy is doing damage over time to a target, your other Feral abilities do 30% more damage to that target".

That is, I'm pretty positive that the plural "targets" is just because over the course of your gameplay, you will use AF on a great many targets: one this minute, another next minute, etc.

Madsun

Post by Madsun » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:43 pm

Istaro wrote:
Ayleena wrote:Targets might be referring to the bonused damage, so if you have hit swipe or have thrash up during frenzy it will apply the 30% to everyone afflicted.
While you have AF up on mob A, hitting mob B with e.g. thrash would not turn mob B into a target of AF.

"Ashamane's Frenzy also increases the damage your Feral abilities deal to afflicted targets by 30%." is simply a more compact and general way to write it than forcing the singular with e.g. "While Ashamane's Frenzy is doing damage over time to a target, your other Feral abilities do 30% more damage to that target".

That is, I'm pretty positive that the plural "targets" is just because over the course of your gameplay, you will use AF on a great many targets: one this minute, another next minute, etc.
I think this is specifically as it should be interpreted. 7 words difference.. couldn't they have worded it like .. "After activating Ashamane's Frenzy, your Feral abilities deal 30% bonus damage to that target" .

Cluey
Honored

Post by Cluey » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Bloodletter's Frailty
Ashamane's Frenzy also increases the damage your Feral abilities deal to afflicted targets by 30%.
From a Google search for afflicted:
afflict - verb
past tense: afflicted; past participle: afflicted
If you've got a DoT ticking on another target that target is afflicted by your Feral ability (Rake/Rip/Thrash).
So when you press Ashamane's Frenzy all of those DoT's will do 30% more damage for six seconds.

Madsun

Post by Madsun » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:07 am

Cluey wrote:
Bloodletter's Frailty
Ashamane's Frenzy also increases the damage your Feral abilities deal to afflicted targets by 30%.
From a Google search for afflicted:
afflict - verb
past tense: afflicted; past participle: afflicted
If you've got a DoT ticking on another target that target is afflicted by your Feral ability (Rake/Rip/Thrash).
So when you press Ashamane's Frenzy all of those DoT's will do 30% more damage for six seconds.
I see what you're saying.. targets afflicted by your Feral Damage rather than Ashamane's Frenzy
I hope that is right.

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:21 am

I've found I hold off on using AFrenzy a little in the opener. Once I have a buffed rip up, it's AF/Zerk and go to town to make the most of it.

I forgot to get it before raid this week, so I can only talk about it in m+ runs: having a short burst CD up every couple of packs is great. On bosses, tho', I feel like I gained an extra 1-150k dps. Single-target.

Metan

Post by Metan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:14 am

Nich wrote:I've found I hold off on using AFrenzy a little in the opener. Once I have a buffed rip up, it's AF/Zerk and go to town to make the most of it.

I forgot to get it before raid this week, so I can only talk about it in m+ runs: having a short burst CD up every couple of packs is great. On bosses, tho', I feel like I gained an extra 1-150k dps. Single-target.
how it looks? i try play without the nergy ring but on pull if i can more then 3 combo points to push savage roar. i wait and wait for energy. its terible open from me without ring.

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:25 am

have any1 tryed Bloodletter's Frailty with legendary pants ?

Madsun

Post by Madsun » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:58 am

Zarzul wrote:have any1 tryed Bloodletter's Frailty with legendary pants ?
Nope, is there any Synergy? Does the maim hit for much when you use pants?

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:02 am

mine crit for 2.1 mill and +30 % from the trait would be nice