Artifact challenge

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Istaro
Honored

Artifact challenge

Post by Istaro » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:14 am

The Mage Tower's now up, at least in North America, enabling the challenges for the final artifact appearances. Anyone tried it yet on feral?

ushisan

Re: Artifact challenge

Post by ushisan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:53 am

Kraineth from Discord done the challenge, here's a link for his video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PT8clxRbfc

I dont have much details on the abilities she uses since its not available yet on EU.

but I read that killing imps Asap is really important.

Metan

Post by Metan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:53 am

nice video, i have luffa and boots too with 903 ilvl IMA READY! :D

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:23 am

Grats to Kraineth, and thanks for posting that, ushisan (lemme guess, you're a tauren?).

Also, good summary of the fight: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=46065/an-i ... id=2482669

ushisan

Post by ushisan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:53 am

MoonBunnie on Discord posted this:
General Information regarding the Agatha encounter (updated):
-Two Imp Servants (4.44m HP) periodically spawn in the front of the room (where you spawned in) and approach her. Once in range, they will channel a spell that increases her damage done by 10% per second (stacking infinitely) and also heals her for 95k per second. It is a high priority to Interrupt/root/cc and kill them to prevent the buff.
-Three Smoldering Imps (3.83m HP) will spawn periodically under her and do a significant amount of damage via fire bolts. They must be dps'ed down quickly if you are to survive as their fire bolts will gain 50% more damage per cast. Umbral Imps (2.55m HP) will spawn later into the fight and are weaker version of smoldering imps dealing significantly less damage.
-One Fuming Imp (2.55m HP) will spawn periodically that fixates you and will spawn a fel pool on the ground where it detonates. The pools slow and deal ticking damage if you stand in them. Position appropriately and avoid the explosion to reduce damage taken.
-Agatha (89m HP) uses a ground targeted nuke from time to time indicated with a purple swirl, make sure you dodge it.
-Agatha uses an absorb bubble (4m HP) that prevents interrupts while she channels Dark Fury for high damage. You must DPS through the shield and interrupt her before taking too much damage as she does more damage overtime the longer the ability channels. If Umbral Imps are alive, then the absorb shield will be immune to all damage.
-Agatha teleports further back into the cave at 49% and a new rolling boulder mechanic is added. Everything else is the same.
-Agatha teleports again at 35% and 20%, but otherwise fight is the same.

ushisan

Post by ushisan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:55 am

Istaro wrote:Grats to Kraineth, and thanks for posting that, ushisan (lemme guess, you're a tauren?).

Also, good summary of the fight: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=46065/an-i ... id=2482669
nope a Troll :P. was Tauren long time ago, but kept the name .

tonydatigerx

Post by tonydatigerx » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:51 pm

Easy way to beat the challenge before they nerf it:

Thornstalk items from the druid plant area works inside. Made it super easy with the damage they provide.

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:32 am

It looks like it's possible to use both G'hanir's Blossom, and Sylvan Elixir, for 2x 10% stat buffs.
Sunblossom Pollen gives 10% damage reduction.

If you have lotttts of Thornstalk Barbs, cast them on Agatha every 20 seconds, or at least for the shields she puts up - tho' also good for large imps spawned.

__

Just finished the scenario in 149 seconds. Breakdown of my damage was 48% for Thornstalk, 11% for Thrash (luffalol), 7% rip, 6% swipe, 5% rake.

Despite the tooltip for Thornstalk saying 361k/sec for 20sec, for me it was ticking for over 500k, and critting between 1.05 and 1.1m

97.5m damage done to Agatha

@902, 4p, boots and bracers
Last edited by Nich on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:52 am

http://imgur.com/a/V2Bsb

Okay so I just got mine - 904 ilevel, 4pc, legendary boots + belt - NO BRACERS. - 815k dps at the end.

I went with predator then Balance, Typhoon, SR, JW, BT. I tried a load of different strats with different legendaries and this seemed to work the best for me. Now some run down of how I personally did it.

Buff food, Flask, Pre-pot old war and drums were used. On the pull use old war, standard opener and once all bleeds are up i tab target rake the little imps (I couldnt swipe them down before the other 2 spawned and it became a problem).

Two channelling imps I stood between and just did a cleave onto them off the boss. Kept thrash up, swipe instead of shred and they eventually died before any problems occurred - remember, you can out dps their heal, and the boss dmg really isn't an issue.

Tab target rake the immune-giving imps and then spam thrash/swipe with predator resets, but my top priority was the flame casting imp for the whole fight second only to not getting hit by the meteors.

I saved hero for when he teleported the last time, as I was beginning to get over run a little and had to clean up - overall, I think people focus way too much on boss damage when it is the imps which do all of the damage, I've even had the boss sit channelling on me with his immune beam and not died to it, IMPS are prio with the flame casters being most, then the immune-giving adds.

DO NOT single target down the channelling imps, just cleave off the other imps/boss onto them.

I felt that the bracers were bringing down my overall damage, so that is why I swapped in the belt.

Metan

Post by Metan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:54 am

damn this is so crazy, what trinket do you use? i cant do first phase, i cant survive second shield.

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:08 am

Metan wrote:damn this is so crazy, what trinket do you use? i cant do first phase, i cant survive second shield.
I used an 890 Nightblooming frond, and a 895 CoF. The extra Zerks really helped.

Make sure you have a rip/rake up and have pooled energy for the shields, then two or three shreds, combined with your dots should remove it and you ca interrupt. If you mean the 'immune' shields, that is one of the types of the little imps doing that.

Metan

Post by Metan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:43 am

i dont understand this.. this dmg to me is insane! how you can survive this?! nad imps still cast on me. iam 902 equipped with 900k dmg in 80% die

i have 3,6m hp

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:45 am

Metan wrote:i dont understand this.. this dmg to me is insane! how you can survive this?! nad imps still cast on me. iam 902 equipped with 900k dmg in 80% die

i have 3,6m hp
If you are dying at that stage, you are doing one of two things. 1. not killing the flame-casting imps so theyre ramping too much and nuking you, or you are not interrupting her cast into you. Around about that percentage she will put a shield up which needs to be damaged through until it drops, then you can interrupt her.

Squanchy

Post by Squanchy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:27 am

Posted this over on the wow forums last night, reposting the relevant bits here:

899.9 ilvl. It took me 50 attempts to get it right, including a 6% wipe. 337.8 Million damage, 817.9k DPS, about 7 minutes.

4 pc tier 19
Luffa
Symbiote
Convergence of Fates
Bloodthirsty Instinct

Predator
Renewal
Balance
Typhoon
Roar
Jagged
Brutal Slash

Drums of Fury
Flask of the Seventh Demon
Spiced Wildfowl Omelet
Prolonged Power

I mentioned there that I felt like Spiced Wildfowl Omelet was very good. I didn't use any of these class hall items/sylvan/etc. Someone there then said he couldn't eat that food there which may be a hotfix or it may be someone being an idiot, either's likely but I couldn't log in till maintenance was over and now I'm at work.

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Before realising I didn't have enough AP in my bear weapon (for at least the new hp/dmg buff), i tried to do the guardian scenario.

Druid garden items did not work, much to my dismay. Unsure if there was a hotfix and they've been disabled for cats, too?

Areg

Post by Areg » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Got it just now, just used Thornstalk barbs when the imps got close/spawned and kept bleeds up on Agatha.

For Talents:
Predator
Renewal
Balance
Typhoon
SR
Jagged
BT

903 ILvL using Sephuz and Pouncers for legendaries. CoF and Memento for trinkets. Got it my 3rd try thanks to the tips here.

daknapp0773

Post by daknapp0773 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Do you think it is possible @ 880 ilevel if you use the druid grove items?

Aliandren

Post by Aliandren » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:37 pm

880 theoretically possible? Probably if you are best feral, like maybe Xan could do it at that point with a lot of practice. Realistically the people i have been hearing compelte it on druid discord are 900+. I saw one person do it at 899 not sure if they used the questionable exploity thing or not.

I got her down after about 25 tries - tested a variety of builds and legendaries (no luffa for me). I settled on:

Prydaz neck + Cinidaria belt
Heavy haste gear setup (28%) with spread even other stats, emphasizing ilvl on agility pieces.
Memento and BTI for trinkets - even though my BTI was only 870 it still did way more than it's ilvl due to the huge uptime from hitting low health imps.
Wildfowl Omlelet, augment rune, flask.

For Talents:

Predator
Renewal
Balance Affinity
Bash
Savage Roar
Jagged Wounds
Brutal Slash

Ilvl equipped was 901.

This setup gave me a lot of control over the fight, i never had much issue with HP due to the cinidaria leach and prydaz shield. I focused on keeping rake/rip/thrash up on the boss, savage roar up all the time, and using brutal slash on add packs. I let the healers come to me and would use stun when i could, otherwise just cleave them down with brutal slash. It was important to let your charges refresh instead of pumping them into ST ont he boss.

Save AF for when the boss's shield is up on every other shield. Used second food on 2nd shield, drums of fury on 4th shield.

Be very aware of your positioning and remember the boulders are your worst enemy late in the fight.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:50 pm

daknapp0773 wrote:Do you think it is possible @ 880 ilevel if you use the druid grove items?
Including Thornstalk Barbs? If you have a big stockpile, then definitely; my . . . friend is 887 but said it was a piece of cake (although it did take two tries because he dodged one boulder into another boulder on the first try lol).

Metan

Post by Metan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:10 am

902 equipped and my best pull 16% and iam completely sick from this. So much gold and time... its kill me right now. I try brutal slash or bloodtalon with switching all legendary but for me, nothing is ahead.. its all about skill and progress time.

Ayleena
Honored

Post by Ayleena » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:51 pm

I tried it a couple times at 894 IL with the thornstalk barbs and got her past 50%, but after that gave up. I'm in no real hurry to get it as it's only a new skin. Skins don't really do much for me - I still haven't even reached the Nighthold part of the dungeon/raid skin questline, cuz I generally hate dungeons.

It will be interesting to see what happens with our skins in the next expac. Do we get to keep them after the artifact becomes obsolete? If that's the case I might wait til the end of the expac when I'm at 920 or so. Assuming the mage tower is still a thing - maybe it won't be.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Ayleena wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens with our skins in the next expac. Do we get to keep them after the artifact becomes obsolete? If that's the case I might wait til the end of the expac when I'm at 920 or so. Assuming the mage tower is still a thing - maybe it won't be.
The last blue post about that that I saw (several months ago at least) said that they're thinking of making it so that any artifact appearances you obtain during Legion will be usable after Legion (e.g. by making it so that you can transmog artifacts onto regular weapons after Legion or whatever), although you won't be able to obtain any new ones after Legion.

That was just a "we're leaning in this direction" but it seems likely to me that they will in fact go with that. And I definitely can't see them removing the artifact challenges significantly in advance of the next expansion's prepatch. So yeah, if you are kinda interested in the skin but don't want to bother now, waiting until the end of the expansion sounds like a plan.

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:00 pm

Ayleena wrote:I tried it a couple times at 894 IL with the thornstalk barbs and got her past 50%, but after that gave up. I'm in no real hurry to get it as it's only a new skin. Skins don't really do much for me - I still haven't even reached the Nighthold part of the dungeon/raid skin questline, cuz I generally hate dungeons.

It will be interesting to see what happens with our skins in the next expac. Do we get to keep them after the artifact becomes obsolete? If that's the case I might wait til the end of the expac when I'm at 920 or so. Assuming the mage tower is still a thing - maybe it won't be.
There's no point in waiting for this. Thornstalk barbs is such a high proportion of damage done, if you're using them often, that your ilvl (in Legion) will never scale to give you more damage done.

Metan

Post by Metan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:53 am

damn son, i got this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

901 - wrist + boots
Predator
Renewal
Balance af
Bash
SR
JW
BT

895 http://www.wowhead.com/item=140806/conv ... bonus=3514 + 880 http://www.wowhead.com/item=139329/bloo ... bonus=1807
buff from: 500 stats feast + rune + sylvan elixir

picture for all... my key for succes was use swipe instead of shred.
Last edited by Metan on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:45 am

Nich wrote:
Ayleena wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens with our skins in the next expac. Do we get to keep them after the artifact becomes obsolete? If that's the case I might wait til the end of the expac when I'm at 920 or so. Assuming the mage tower is still a thing - maybe it won't be.
There's no point in waiting for this. Thornstalk barbs is such a high proportion of damage done, if you're using them often, that your ilvl (in Legion) will never scale to give you more damage done.
FWIW, the spell info for the Barbs (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=223667) seems to indicate that the damage they do scales with your stats (supported by one of the Wowhead comments (http://www.wowhead.com/item=140394/thor ... id=2432819), albeit from 7.0.1), so waiting until you have better gear would increase the degree to which they trivialize the encounter . . . if Blizzard doesn't nerf them, anyway, which I keep thinking will happen any day now, but who knows.