Artifact challenge

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Wellwow
Honored

Re: Artifact challenge

Post by Wellwow » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:03 pm

For ferals looking at this now, the thorns did not work for me when I gave it about 10 tries last night. The Sylvan Elixir (+10% stats) worked as did Sunblossom Pollen (-10% dmg taken). I never got to the second phase, I have some work in front of me.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Wellwow wrote:For ferals looking at this now, the thorns did not work for me when I gave it about 10 tries last night.
We probably all expected they'd nerf it, but stealth nerf? At least put it in the hotfix notes Blizz!

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:04 am

Istaro wrote:
Wellwow wrote:For ferals looking at this now, the thorns did not work for me when I gave it about 10 tries last night.
We probably all expected they'd nerf it, but stealth nerf? At least put it in the hotfix notes Blizz!
I don't even expect that anymore. I mean, they made changes to m+ dungeon mechanics with no mention whatsoever.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:07 pm

Nich wrote:I mean, they made changes to m+ dungeon mechanics with no mention whatsoever.
I must have missed that—something other than the 7.2 affix tuning (skittish 80%->75%, fortified 40%->30%, etc.) and the keystone level compression?

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:57 pm

Istaro wrote:
Nich wrote:I mean, they made changes to m+ dungeon mechanics with no mention whatsoever.
I must have missed that—something other than the 7.2 affix tuning (skittish 80%->75%, fortified 40%->30%, etc.) and the keystone level compression?
There were several changes to the way certain boss mechanics behave that had no mention in patch or hotfix notes...

Dresaron in Darkheart Thicket's blowback with it's insanely increased speed that I couldn't keep within melee range of the boss even with Stampeding Roar active.
Heimdall in Halls of Valor with it's triple tornado effect with certain affixes.
Ravencrest in Black Rook Hold's big rotating laser going a different direction.

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:20 pm

^

In the scheme of things they're relatively minor, but the first week or so had a lot of wipes with surprise mechanics being sprung on the group.

I don't recall seeing any mention of them during PTR testing, and none since they hit live.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:56 pm

I hadn't done any keystones since the patch; thanks for the heads-up.

Langdon

Post by Langdon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:11 am

tonydatigerx wrote:Easy way to beat the challenge before they nerf it:

Thornstalk items from the druid plant area works inside. Made it super fast results with this Apexatropin with the damage they provide.
Lol, you're right. This made it much easier.
Last edited by Langdon on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

CiC``

Post by CiC`` » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:14 am

Langdon wrote:
tonydatigerx wrote:Easy way to beat the challenge before they nerf it:

Thornstalk items from the druid plant area works inside. Made it super easy with the damage they provide.
Lol, you're right. This made it much easier.
Did they still work for you? As it seems like they are not working for me.

My best try was 42% or something. Depending on talents etc. i either run low on bossdps or cannot finish off the imps.
I dont have Luffas, Symbiont or Prydaz, which i think would make it much easier.

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:13 am

i did it first time tower was up

Setup:
wrist + boots
Predator
Dis Beast
Balance aff
Bash
SR
JW
BT

flask and old war pots

Drums when i feel i got overrun, with imps...(about after she does her 2nd jump)

70 try ++ (iam an old man at 47 i learn slow)

Only then I safe'ed the AF CD and put my focus on the shield, and interrupts, i made it.

Prim focus should be down the shield before the Umbral Imps spawn, speciel the 1st shield, U have to nuke it down before the Umbral Imps spawn or just reset. if u have strong dots up on boss AF will take the shield fast.
(iam not sure if shield / imp spawn based on time or health pool)

i root 1 Imp Servants , nuke and bash other, rest imps just trash single rake some swip.
Last edited by Zarzul on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:54 pm

Zarzul wrote:Drums then overrun...(after she does her 2nd jump)
What's overrun? My Googling only turned up a Guardian honor talent, which couldn't be right for two reasons.
Zarzul wrote:(iam not sure if shield / imp spawn based on time or health pool)
I think it's time; I didn't notice any differences in imp spawn rate between attempts with drastically different rates of boss damage.

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:33 am

Istaro wrote:
Zarzul wrote:Drums then overrun...(after she does her 2nd jump)
What's overrun? My Googling only turned up a Guardian honor talent, which couldn't be right for two reasons.
Zarzul wrote:(iam not sure if shield / imp spawn based on time or health pool)
I think it's time; I didn't notice any differences in imp spawn rate between attempts with drastically different rates of boss damage.
Sorry, Drums WHEN I feel i got overrun, with imps , i did it after she make her 2nd jump, to cleanup.

Kroníc

Post by Kroníc » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:15 pm

Here's my experience with clearing it:
- Stagger the deaths of the imps so you get multiple resets on TF to dot up the adds.
- Don't forget to interrupt Agatha after breaking shield (something I forgot to do sometimes!)
- Try to get the void zones away from the boss.
- Try saving 2nd/3rd Berserk for imps.
- I personally saved lust until the last 10/20% so I could stay on top of the additional adds that came up.

Kill Video @900 ilvl

minux

Post by minux » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:05 am

Was able to complete using my free attempt during the most recent Mage Tower. Thanks to a lot of good advice found here, it only took about 15 attempts overall @ 899 ilvl.

Biggest key for me was sticking to a build and legos that I was comfortable with, rather than changing a bunch of things. Went with Pred/SR/JW/BT and Clutch/Pouncers. Flask, prolonged power, food, and drums.

Managed to get the shield down before umbral imps each time. Had a tough time keeping track of fuming imps, but in the end, the slow patches didn't create too much of an issue.

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:11 am

minux wrote:
Managed to get the shield down before umbral imps each time.
IMO is this the main thing.

Just clean up and dont get hit by balls.

Enopes

Post by Enopes » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:06 am

I was trying to read all guides i can find when the Mage Tower was up for the first time. I had more than 50 tries with my usual raid setup (except i had predator) but i could not do it that way with my 903 Ilvl. My best was something around 20% health and it felt like it was just all stars were aligned for me. Then i started switching talents/items/trinkets etc.

I farmed a bit AP between first and second Mage Tower and got my new traits (increased Thrash damage is really good for this challenge). I thought about a different and easy build i could use, also i found out i could use Spiced Wildfowl Omelets and Sylvan Elixirs.

The build i used:
Spoiler: show
Talents:
-Predator
-Displacer Beast
-Balence Affinity
-Mighty Bash
-Savage Roar
-Jagged Wounds
-Brutal Slash

Legendaries:
-Luffa Wrappings
-Sephuz's Secret

Trinkets:
-Bloodthirsty Insticnt (875)
-Eye Of Guarm (haste/895)

Consumables:
-Agility Flask
-Prolonged Power (only on "pull")
-Drums
-Spiced Wildfowl Omelet
-Sylvan Elixir
My Strategy:
Spoiler: show
There are lots of guides. You can watch and read them pretty much everywhere WoW related. I am just skipping basic stuff and talking about how i finished the challenge.

As you all know our main priority is adds we should deal with. Always focus to adds. Boss should die with our cleave. Put Rips and Rakes on her if you have spare time or when her shield is up.

Never let Fumings catch you, though it sometimes can be tricky with boulders, if you see one start exploding, stun them. Do not let them explode, you'll need free space. Root one Servant slow other one, put rip on it. Umbral Imps and Smoldering Imps can not be left alone so saving BS charges for them is what you are supposed to do.

With the build we're using you should never feel the usual starvation of energy and combo points. Feel free to use what you have. You will only need dash/roar when she teleports. Save your Skull Bash for the boss.

Haste is really important for our BS charges. I tried to get as much as i can from my off pieces.
Like this, i got my beautiful appearance less than 10 tries. I made some silly mistakes (fumings and boulders). Overall the play style felt really different. But the challenge became so much easier like this, i was casually killing imps like i was doing a WQ alone and then i noticed she had 7% health and i still had my drums and my old war. No imp was up. Couple seconds later she was dead. I still feel great when i think about that moment :)

PS: I am not saying this is the best way. It worked for me it can work for you as well. Hope this works for someone.

PS.2: I am not a native English speaker. Sorry if i made mistakes.

Also my Armory.

Kheirah

Post by Kheirah » Fri May 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Just sharing my two cents, I recorded video showing various wipes and eventually the kill.
I started at 895 ilvl and did more than 100 trys until recently acquiring 903 ilvl and a new legendary which finally made the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sc_6R11HGA

Kyrixx

Post by Kyrixx » Tue May 30, 2017 11:57 am

Succeeded on 5/23, ilvl 904 after 49 trys whose ~25 acquiring mechanics for each kind of add and testing legendaries.

My build:
Predator
Displacer Beast
Moonkin affinity
Stun
SR
JW
Brutal slash

Leggys :
- Luffa
- Ring

Note that I pre-pot'ed, used my potion after 2nd teleportation and drums after 3rd teleportation

J23

Post by J23 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:06 am

Am I too late for making use of the Thornstalk??? Please say no pleeeease.

onedeadhero

Post by onedeadhero » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:45 pm

J23 wrote:Am I too late for making use of the Thornstalk??? Please say no pleeeease.
Sadly they got fixed pretty fast. I just completed mine the other day at 901 ilvl. I can confirm that the sylvan elixir works for 10% extra stats, despite being in a cave.

J23

Post by J23 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:56 pm

Merde blizzard merde, whyyyyyyy (crying like a baboon)

Kurisu

Post by Kurisu » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:15 am

With the new traits it shouldn't be that hard anymore...

J23

Post by J23 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:22 am

Any tips? Ive tried doing with pouncers and cindidaria, but cant go further than 50%, too many adds come and start to punce me, especially the imps firebal. Ive got those legendaries and the ekowraith. 900 itemlvl.

What i do is:
Prepot and regrowth, attack the boss + all cds (except drums), fireball imps come up, use trash and swipe till they die, healer imps come up, i root 1 healer imp and kill the other and then kill the second, attack boss, boss gets shield and i use draught of souls and interrupt boss, kill the fireball imps whit trash and swipe, but at this point ive got literally no energy anymore and have to kite the exploding imp and healer imps.

end of the fight im doing 680k dps, so what am i doing wrong?

Kurisu

Post by Kurisu » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:15 pm

Try BrS! It made the fight a lot easier for me.

J23

Post by J23 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:55 am

Thnx, ill definitely will try it with the brutal slash talent.