Enhancement (Secondary Stat) Priority

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Warelder

Enhancement (Secondary Stat) Priority

Post by Warelder » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:18 am

As ToS nears, it's safe to say some of us have reached a level of dps that far surpasses the minimum requirements for the current raids. That being said, we start to look at other outlets in which our dps can benefit. But before doing so I was wondering if anyone has started to notice diminishing returns once they've hit a certain % on any of their enhancements? This wil help in gauging whether or not if it's safe to swap out some gear. Currently im sitting around 700k ST dps, while I know there's room for improvement via ilvl upgrades, if I can have the flexibility to replace some gear it would give more room for theorycrafting.

Aliandren

Re: Enhancement (Secondary Stat) Priority

Post by Aliandren » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:54 am

This reads like a word cloud robot just spewed out warcraft words. Not sure if you're a shaman?

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:06 pm

Aliandren wrote:This reads like a word cloud robot just spewed out warcraft words. Not sure if you're a shaman?

I was wondering the same thing myself...

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:57 pm

Same here, and then I thought "enhancements" = gems and enchants, but I think it actually means crit, mastery, haste, and versatility. I.e. are there any soft caps for secondary stats?

Warelder

Post by Warelder » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:28 pm

Lol i don't know how to take the above comments. I'm just very appreciative of our druid community and the activity that exists in these forums, but reverting back to the main topic of discussion, any insight is highly appreciated ;-)

FYI - Druid since before vanilla (shhh). Always & forever a druid!

P.S.
The assumption of misunderstanding the title was forseen hence the parenthesis outlying the clarification.

Madsun

Post by Madsun » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:07 pm

I have to admit, the same thing crossed my mind when I read Enhancement before the change :D

For me I can't say I've yet had the luxury of noticing any diminishing returns.. I currently sit at about 30% crit (+10% from BS), 13% haste, 9% vers and 52% mastery. Simcraft still puts me at Mast>Crit>vers>haste but all very close at 905ilvl.
I think it's still worthwhile finding the most comfortable haste/crit ratio so you're not overcapping energy or combo points. What I've also found is the further you're progessed into the content the more vers seems to pull ahead with ilvl scales better with the Agility gains due to white dmg and shred etc.

That being said I'm going to focus on getting mastery to about 60% and vers to 11 or 12.
Sorry I can't help with the diminishing returns but that's my 2 cents on where I'm headed.

Shadowbadger

Post by Shadowbadger » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:46 am

My secondary stats, barring haste, all seemed to sit at the same kind of level (about 14, compared to agility at 18) for a while although now with 8% vers and 38% crit mastery is scaling like a champ again so I will need to focus on that.

It, at least in my relatively new cat experience seems to be a balancing act, you cannot just just one thing as high as possible and I have not seen any hard caps.

Squanchy

Post by Squanchy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:22 am

Using Frond my haste value went up a bit, and now the secondaries are all within 1.5 points of each other so it's more and more coming down to just "more stat" winning out. Verse was actually my best stat (by 0.02 over crit, so negligable). At that point it's almost just preference. Verse takes a little damage off you, crit means slightly better combo point generation. Either's fine with me, really.