Experimental Feral/Guardian Ovale script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

greenjeans
Honored

Experimental Feral/Guardian Ovale script

Post by greenjeans » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:44 pm

6/15 - Go use shmoo's :)

HUGE thanks to ShmooDude for creating both of these initially, and working with me to implement some great changes.
Last edited by greenjeans on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 14 times in total.

katauri

Re: Experimental Feral/Guardian Ovale script

Post by katauri » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:29 am

hello, can u create a option for disable hard cast regrowth

greenjeans
Honored

Post by greenjeans » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:38 am

katauri wrote:hello, can u create a option for disable hard cast regrowth
That's kind of a weird change and would be a dps decrease, why? I don't think this should live in my main script, but you should be able to just change

Code: Select all

AddFunction Regrowth
{
	Talent(bloodtalons_talent) 
		and { BuffPresent(predatory_swiftness_buff) 
			or Talent(sabertooth_talent) and ComboPoints() == 5 and BuffExpires(bloodtalons_buff) and target.DebuffExpires(rip_debuff) } 
		and { BuffStacks(bloodtalons_buff) < 2 and not HasEquippedItem(ailuro_pouncers) or BuffExpires(bloodtalons_buff) } 
to

AddFunction Regrowth
{
	Talent(bloodtalons_talent) 
		and BuffPresent(predatory_swiftness_buff)  
		and { BuffStacks(bloodtalons_buff) < 2 and not HasEquippedItem(ailuro_pouncers) or BuffExpires(bloodtalons_buff) } 

Squanchy

Post by Squanchy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:02 am

katauri wrote:hello, can u create a option for disable hard cast regrowth
Do you really want that disabled in Ovale, or do you want to just disable it in a regrowth macro? The latter I definitely know some other people use, though I do not.

minux

Post by minux » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Great script! I see that you have replaced the ST Trash dropdown with a checkbox. However, it appears that the FeralBeserkActions function is still referencing the old dropdown options. Could be I'm just not reading it correctly though.

greenjeans
Honored

Post by greenjeans » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:09 pm

minux wrote:Great script! I see that you have replaced the ST Trash dropdown with a checkbox. However, it appears that the FeralBeserkActions function is still referencing the old dropdown options. Could be I'm just not reading it correctly though.
Thanks for pointing that out, you were totally right. All fixed!

I changed the list to a checkbox because I found a bug once I took off my 4pc bonus - it was still suggesting thrash. I decided to go ahead and simplify it into a single checkbox. If enabled, suggest Thrash when Ooc procs if wearing T19 4pc or Luffas and Thrash bleed is in pandemic range.

tonydatigerx

Post by tonydatigerx » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:21 pm

Hey Green,

The script has been working great with the latest changes however I wanted to check one thing with you. Is the default settings for Savage Roar/Rip the best options DPS wise or are they just the easiest to maintain? If so, which would be the best DPS wise, at pandemic? Thanks in advance.

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:38 am

Yo Green

looking forward to test this script

i got Maimer's legendary pants last nite

and saw this scritp support Maimer's legendary pants (maim suggestions)

any plan to look at Maimer's legendary pants with Bloodletter's Frailty ?

greenjeans
Honored

Post by greenjeans » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:15 am

Yeah, once I get the talent, I'll work on optimizing the rotation with it. I don't have the pants myself, I I'm sure prioritizing a maim inside the AF buff window should be a goal!

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:34 am

greenjeans wrote:Yeah, once I get the talent, I'll work on optimizing the rotation with it. I don't have the pants myself, I I'm sure prioritizing a maim inside the AF buff window should be a goal!
sweet ! me my self allso need 3-400 millions ap for that talent :P

Nos

Post by Nos » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Hi mates! I have the pants too but sometimes the cooldown of Ashamane fade and the script didn't put the miam spell ? do u know why ?

And +1 if u can put it with the golden would be a big up mate!

greenjeans
Honored

Post by greenjeans » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:07 am

tonydatigerx wrote:Hey Green,

The script has been working great with the latest changes however I wanted to check one thing with you. Is the default settings for Savage Roar/Rip the best options DPS wise or are they just the easiest to maintain? If so, which would be the best DPS wise, at pandemic? Thanks in advance.
Well, pretty much, yeah. It depends, though, so that's why there's the dropdown box! The defaults will almost always allow for the easiest upkeep of all your bleeds/dots with pretty-much maximal dps. The tighter you make the timers, the harder it will be to keep stuff up. If you have ways to generate more CP's or BT buffs (legendary gloves, boots, ring...maybe SotF builds?), you can probably tighten the timers to get a few more Shred/FB's in the rotation, which might be tiny dps increase...but if your bleeds fall off, it's a dps loss. Go hit a dummy and see what feels best!

greenjeans
Honored

Post by greenjeans » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:02 pm

Nos wrote:Hi mates! I have the pants too but sometimes the cooldown of Ashamane fade and the script didn't put the miam spell ? do u know why ?
Yeah, AF as a main action should certainly take priority over a buffed maim...AF suggestion will happen at low combo points, Maim suggestion should happen at 5 combo points. Can you be more specific about the behavior that you're seeing that doesn't seem right?

Linkjay69

Post by Linkjay69 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Hey Green, just wondering if there was any way possible to make a change to the whole super buffed rake, the 200% on the opener and the shadowmeld rake as well, to not make it so it suggests to clip it right in the middle of it or start, i remember shmoo talking about it awhile ago, but not sure if anything was tested or able to do about it

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:00 pm

@Linkjay69 Edit your ovale_druid_spells.lua and delete the following lines:

SpellAddTargetDebuff(rip rip_debuff=1)

SpellAddTargetDebuff(rake rake_debuff=1)
I submitted that fix a long while ago, gonna have to see why a new Ovale build hasn't been pushed in a while.

Linkjay69

Post by Linkjay69 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:50 pm

thank you!

Tinypawz

Post by Tinypawz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:12 pm

ShmooDude wrote:@Linkjay69 Edit your ovale_druid_spells.lua and delete the following lines:

SpellAddTargetDebuff(rip rip_debuff=1)

SpellAddTargetDebuff(rake rake_debuff=1)
I submitted that fix a long while ago, gonna have to see why a new Ovale build hasn't been pushed in a while.

I'm a long time user of your Ovale script so just wanted to make an account to say thank you for this. Also just Tested that ovale lua edit out above in Hc ToV/NH on my weekly legendary hunt and it's definitely a dps increase. Thanks again man. :)

Linkjay69

Post by Linkjay69 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 pm

hmm, i went into interface/addons/ovale and deleted the line, well both of them, but it still seems to want to overide the super buffed rake, like blood talon's, TF and Stealth, all at once.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:17 am

Linkjay69 wrote:hmm, i went into interface/addons/ovale and deleted the line, well both of them, but it still seems to want to overide the super buffed rake, like blood talon's, TF and Stealth, all at once.
I assume you meant "interface/addons/ovale/scripts/ovale_druid_spells.lua"?

Linkjay69

Post by Linkjay69 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Yeah, that's where i went into...and it still wants to clip the super buffed out Rake, also i've noticed...in terms of the buffed bleeds with tiger's fury, is it worth keeping them up as long as possible and delaying the rotation slightly.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:12 pm

https://ufile.io/m6rqv with https://pastebin.com/6eWzQDzu script is exactly what I'm using.

greenjeans
Honored

Post by greenjeans » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:32 pm

I screwed up in a couple places, but in general here's how this script is performing for Single target, BS/SR/JW/BT builds: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zt ... e&source=1
And I might have equipped a minor upgrade, but here's a simc showing the script is putting me within 4% dps of ideal :)
https://raidbots.com/simbot/report/rymj5s11b

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:57 pm

greenjeans wrote:I screwed up in a couple places, but in general here's how this script is performing for Single target, BS/SR/JW/BT builds: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zt ... e&source=1
And I might have equipped a minor upgrade, but here's a simc showing the script is putting me within 4% dps of ideal :)
At first I was like wtf, where's thrash, then I saw you had no tier and was sad. :(

greenjeans
Honored

Post by greenjeans » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:24 pm

ShmooDude wrote:
greenjeans wrote:I screwed up in a couple places, but in general here's how this script is performing for Single target, BS/SR/JW/BT builds: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zt ... e&source=1
At first I was like wtf, where's thrash, then I saw you had no tier and was sad. :(
I'm so sad tooo!!! I finally got my AotC last week, so I should be able to pug some tier gear this week...My guild raids when I'm unavailable, usually :( At least I got luffas!

tonydatigerx

Post by tonydatigerx » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:26 pm

Trying out the new script and it seems to sync fairly well with Bloodletter's Frailty and buffed Maim. I am not sure if you have Draught or tested with it at all but would it be possible to add a suggestion for using this trinket during energy pooling near the end of TF?